Rain Thread - "I am the Prince of Edenia"

OK i learned a 55% damage hit for him with x-ray and 58% with Damage boost.
HERE it is. Ive tried others but this one combo does it the best.
JP 143, Lightning, 4 3 geyser kick, 4 3, Bubble(lift right up next to him), 4 3 X-ray, then uppercut.
woah wait what? i thought geyser kick sends them flying back

Found another not noted yet, I believe:

3,3 - Lightning Bolt - Super Kick - X-Ray - Geyser Kick -- 8 hits, 40% dmg

Geyser kick in the end can be swapped for Aqua Splash, it's virtually the same.

Found another not noted yet, I believe:

3,3 - Lightning Bolt - Super Kick - X-Ray - Geyser Kick -- 8 hits, 40% dmg

Geyser kick in the end can be swapped for Aqua Splash, it's virtually the same.

If im not wrong, the best string after the X-ray is "4 - Geyser Kick"

If im not wrong, the best string after the X-ray is "4 - Geyser Kick"

Shall try this, thanks for the tip.

EDIT: Finally done checking it, it'd be 9 hits and 42%. But damn it's hard to land the 4 lol

So it would be:

3,3 - Lightning Bolt - Super Kick - X-Ray - 4 - Geyser Kick -- 9 hits, 42% dmg

Last edited:
Rain is no combo beast, but special move beast.

Can someone post here the differences between his normal and enhanced specials? :)

Bah...I haven't gotten a chance to download Rain yet. From what I've read, he's a goddamn monster, though.

Fox, found 2,4 to be a combo starter too if followed by an X-Ray at least, works with Stryker's combo.

Rain is no combo beast, but special move beast.

Can someone post here the differences between his normal and enhanced specials? :)

There's not much, but the most notable:

-Water-port: Normal: Just like Raiden's Enhanced: Does a Geyser Kick at the end

-Water Bubble's enhanced lets control the bubble for some more time.

-Lightning Bolt: Normal: 1 Lightning, Enhanced 3 Lightnings.

-Aqua Splash: normal: With one hand it throws a water stream to the opnnent, Enhanced: Two hands and more damage.

And those would be all I can tell without getting all technical.

Apart from the enhanced teleport, the rest is pretty much the same, just damages more it seems, quite disappointing.

But what I like in Rain is that he's really hard to master it seems, specially his specials moves, I find his water ball quite trick.
Not that his combos are particulary hard (even though Rain doesn't have much choices in that field), but his specials moves require lots of training, love it.

hey guys, i made a 10 hit /w x ray...... it ends with x ray, so i'm sure you could add more to the end of it, if you're good, but i havent played in month about...IIRC 1-x, 2-y, 3-a, 4-b right? anyways, not sure if someone did this exact one but here it goes

u have to do the xray at the peak heighth, after u press 3
1, 2, lightning bounce, roundhouse kick, 4, 3, x-ray...

so thats 9 hits, 37% damage....and then he comes back around from the x ray and you can do some more moves...which i'm hoping someone can add...since i'm not that great

Rain has lots of combos... :S
I am too used to Nightwolf who has a great variety of combo starters sorry...

What I mean is that Rain has:
1, 1
1, 2
B2, 1+2
1, 2, F4
I find this still quite limiting and not many choices: no low starter or overhead starter. I don't even remember seeing a overhead from him.

I adore his B2, B3 - quite fast...

I don't get NRS seriously...

Guys, try to do these two I figured out:
B2, 1+2, lightning, water bubble (close to you), 4, 3, x-ray, uppercut = 40%
Yet, if you do:
water bubble (close to you), 4, 3, x-ray, uppercut = 40%
And if you do:
4, 3, x-ray, uppercut = 45%

LOL

Last edited:
I don't get NRS seriously...

Guys, try to do these two I figured out:
B2, 1+2, lightning, water bubble (close to you), 4, 3, x-ray, uppercut = 40%
Yet, if you do:
water bubble (close to you), 4, 3, x-ray, uppercut = 40%
And if you do:
4, 3, x-ray, uppercut = 45%

LOL

You should have noticed by now: The more hits that get added, the less damage they do. That's why an X-Ray doesn't make the same damage at start of combo and at end of it.

Dont know why the first two would be the same but between the last two I assume the water bubble acts the same as Sub Zero freezing or Cyrax net, and takes away from combo damage.

P.S.-Nightmare is the man! but Sieg is better...hehe

You should have noticed by now: The more hits that get added, the less damage they do. That's why an X-Ray doesn't make the same damage at start of combo and at end of it.

Yeah, I noticed, but with my mains (Nightwolf and Ermac), you don't see it as much with their x-rays, not as obvious as Rain's. it's ridiculous.

I really like doing Rain's roundhouse kick, 1, 1, water blast = 20% for only that and it's quite simple. I'm still not used to his water bubble.

I saw the x-ray combos in this page.
Seriously? Just do: JF1, 4, 3, x-ray, 1, 1, water blast = 50% :/

With Rain, x-ray is shit unless you do very short combo, otherwise its damage is very low.

Last edited: