Rain Thread - "I am the Prince of Edenia"

Re: Rain Thread - "I am a direct descendant of Argus himself"

43% meterless midscreen now..

j.2, 4, 3, D, F+3, 4, 3, D, B+4, 4, 3, D, B+2, FD, D+2

Rain is def on my list of mains ;)

(jp) B+2,1+2 dash 4,3 xx DF+3**,4,3 xx DB+2 dash DB+4, BF+1

**move them completely vertical and a tiny bit in front of you
10 hits, damage unconfirmed. (I figured it out while fighting Shao Kahn so the damage was reduced.)

Geyser Kick's not working well on Wake-up. It is an anti-air, but it's best for anti-crossup. If you're gonna use Geyser Kick on someone's jump-in, time it well. Otherwise, it'll miss and even though it's sort of safe, characters like Ermac, Raiden, and Scorpion should be able to punish you easy.

Thank you, good sir.

I'm guessing crossup is when they jump over you? It works amazing against that.

That's exactly what it is. Always nice to have a way to escape the pressure. =)

Rain has quite the interesting Rushdown game. He also has a lot of anti zoning skills ;) I would love to see how a really skilled player puts him to use

Geyser Kick's not working well on Wake-up. It is an anti-air, but it's best for anti-crossup. If you're gonna use Geyser Kick on someone's jump-in, time it well. Otherwise, it'll miss and even though it's sort of safe, characters like Ermac, Raiden, and Scorpion should be able to punish you easy.

It works extremely well on wakeup for me. It can work like Kung Lao's spin and help quiet any wakeup pressure. That is especially help since Rain's game is mostly rushdown with anti-zoning tools

At the end if you dash then 4 then db 4 it does more damage

new combo
midscreen
(jp) B+2,1+2 dash B+2,1+2 dash 4,3 xx DF+3** 4,3 xx DB+2 small dash DB+4,BF+1
(13)12 hits (38%)35%

**move them above and RIGHT in front of you

Rain in corner
4,3 xx EX DB+2 small dash DB+4,1,1 xx EX BF+1
9 hits 36%

A big part of Rain's game will probably be that Roundhouse Kick and how it can send people into the corner when Rain is in a corner

Midscreen X-Ray
4,3 xx DB+2 4,3 xx DB+4 4,3 xx X-RAY,4 xx BF+1
13 hits
41%

Last edited:

That's my worst problem is cross ups.. Now I shouldn't have an excuse when playing as him lol

Yeah, I was playing around with him in Arcade Ladder in a few minutes ago trying to bait out as many jump-ins, cross-ups, and wake-up pressuring so I could get the timing down on his Geyser Kick. Could be a very nice tool to have lying around lol.

Added more combos, but Im still working with him.

All the combos I've seen listed seem to be 35% or higher (unless I'm missing some), here are some smaller combos that may be useful.

6-hits 25%: 1,2,f3; dash forward; 3,4; Aqua Splash

Here's another:

7-hits 29%: B+2,1+2; dash forward; 2,4; lightning; dash forward; super kick; geyser kick

It feels good to contribute something to a character thread after being helped out by so many others! Hope these combos help. Although I've never been a huge fan of Rain (I HATE PURPLE!) he is really fun to play and I'm considering picking him up as a main.

EDIT: You edited the first post while I was typing this out! I hope I didn't repeat anything you added.

45% midscreen 1,2,F+4,4,3,Geyser Kick,4,3,Xray,D+2........ 12 hits

So far this has been my favorite DLC. I love both his fatalities and like his zoning abilities. Definitely jumped into my top 5 to play.

OK I added more combos, its all I got so far.

Rain is EASILY shaping up to be one of my mains :3 And finally, a character that can counter crossups

EDIT :: Just as a note Fox, you might to add another spolier box in playing as Rain to add his strategies and or mixups/matchups

Rain is EASILY shaping up to be one of my mains :3 And finally, a character that can counter crossups

EDIT :: Just as a note Fox, you might to add another spolier box in playing as Rain to add his strategies and or mixups/matchups

Yes i will but we are all n00bs with him yet lol

My YouTube has some combos of him if anyone wants to take a look. Highest combo I have right now is 54 which is the same as my 53 combo in the vid just starting with a bubble.

www.YouTube.com/popnlocker13

Rain has quite the interesting Rushdown game. He also has a lot of anti zoning skills ;) I would love to see how a really skilled player puts him to use

It works extremely well on wakeup for me. It can work like Kung Lao's spin and help quiet any wakeup pressure. That is especially help since Rain's game is mostly rushdown with anti-zoning tools

If it works that well for you, I guess I'll keep trying it. When Sub-Zero was herpaderping with his rushdown, I tried doing it on Wake-up and before the move even started I got hit, combo'd and ate a tasty 53% X-ray combo. Personally, I usually just teleport on wake-up or just block and wait for an opening for my uppercut.

I didn't like him at first, but the more I play him the more I like him. I was having trouble with him cuz I kept trying to play him like sub zero cuz I main him.

Anyone have trouble sometimes linking the lightning in juggles?

I didn't like him at first, but the more I play him the more I like him. I was having trouble with him cuz I kept trying to play him like sub zero cuz I main him.

Anyone have trouble sometimes linking the lightning in juggles?

As a Sub-Zero mainer I had lots of troubles with this guy, but I practiced for an hour and a half and I can do the combos now very easly. Is hard, but if you have patience he's awesome.

EDIT: Mods, when you make this thread sticky can you change the quote in the title, I want it to be:

Rain Thread - "I am the Prince of Edenia!"

As a Sub-Zero mainer I had lots of troubles with this guy, but I practiced for an hour and a half and I can do the combos now very easly. Is hard, but if you have patience he's awesome.

EDIT: Mods, when you make this thread sticky can you change the quote in the title, I want it to be:

Rain Thread - "I am the Prince of Edenia!"

I've practice with him for about an hour and got some combos down in practice mode. It just seems like sometimes while playing online, the lightning doesn't always work in juggles. It's prolly just the lag. No problem in ladder doing them.