Rain Thread - "I am the Prince of Edenia"

Re: Rain Thread - "I am a direct descendant of Argus himself"

thanx for the fatality vids Interloko. You rock! It was something nice to wake up to today!

Rain is cool, but his juggle game is hard and requires you to have incredibly good timing. I found a 29% combo that's fairly easy to pull off.

I added the info and videos about him, fatalities, xray, bio, ending, Ill add the gameplay part as soon as I get him and after playing around a bit.

Come on PSN!

I love Rain's fighting stance. Slowly rolling out the dice. Classy.

I have PSN as well so I haven't played him yet, but from the few videos I've seen I am not looking forward to playing against him. Lots of nasty tools. And a damage boost/blocking disabled?? Oh boy....

Also I really hope his teleport isn't just Up, Down or Down, Up. Please no.

I have PSN as well so I haven't played him yet, but from the few videos I've seen I am not looking forward to playing against him. Lots of nasty tools. And a damage boost/blocking disabled?? Oh boy....

From what I read his port is like Raiden's not offensive, but the enhanced is offensive it add's a kick.

I didnt see videos or anything, I dont wanna spoil myself! lol

From what I read his port is like Raiden's not offensive, but the enhanced is offensive it add's a kick.

I didnt see videos or anything, I dont wanna spoil myself! lol

Not as good as Raidens. Its very easy to punish if you spam it on wakeup, as opposed to Raidens which is near impossible to punish

lol. His teleport is down up. it can get in the way, though....

I wish he would come to PSN already. I need to play around with him!!!

NEED TO!!!

Rain is a really nice rushdown character, it's just that he doesn't have anything to combo out of a low attack. That really bugs me because people have no problem blocking me whenever I jump in. His Standing 3 is a low roundhouse to the leg and yet it counts as high? I still really like him though, so I'm sure I'll find something.

Also, I sort of like his 1st fatality which is...okay, but his cut-this-cut-that fatality is just another imitation of Quan Chi's 2nd Fatality.

Just throwin this in here, best I've come up with yet

4,3, lightning, step forward, 4,3, super kick, 4, 3, xray, 4, 3, b4 - 14 hits, 52% damage

Last edited:

I haven't gotten a chance to play much Rain, does anyone see much potential for Geyser Kick to function as anti-air? Just eyeballing it reminds me of using a Shoryuken in Street Fighter to punish a jump-in or cross-up. Also, can Geyser Kick be used to wake-up?

I haven't gotten a chance to play much Rain, does anyone see much potential for Geyser Kick to function as anti-air? Just eyeballing it reminds me of using a Shoryuken in Street Fighter to punish a jump-in or cross-up. Also, can Geyser Kick be used to wake-up?

Geyser Kick's not working well on Wake-up. It is an anti-air, but it's best for anti-crossup. If you're gonna use Geyser Kick on someone's jump-in, time it well. Otherwise, it'll miss and even though it's sort of safe, characters like Ermac, Raiden, and Scorpion should be able to punish you easy.

The best meterless midscreen I've found so far is 41%

j.2, 1, 2, F+4, FD, 1, 2, F+4, FD, 4, 3, D, F+3, 4, 3, D, B+2, FD, D, B+4, D+2

Geyser Kick's not working well on Wake-up. It is an anti-air, but it's best for anti-crossup. If you're gonna use Geyser Kick on someone's jump-in, time it well. Otherwise, it'll miss and even though it's sort of safe, characters like Ermac, Raiden, and Scorpion should be able to punish you easy.

I'm guessing crossup is when they jump over you? It works amazing against that.

He's really fun to juggle with. His Back+2 goes into a low or overhead. Love that.
His water ball isn't as bad as I thought it would be.

Sort of a lame X-Ray combo, but it does 45% so not bad I guess. 48% if you use the H2O Boost beforehand.

4, 3, X-Ray, Uppercut

And LOL. Played around in Practice mode and got a 64%, but you would need an Infinite Meter because it requires and X-Ray and one Ex-move. Combo is same as above but enhanced H2O boost, so that would be the H2O Buff.

I updated, I only need to add more combos, be patient, this dude is hard in combos.