Rain Thread - "I am the Prince of Edenia"

Re: Rain Thread - "I am a direct descendant of Argus himself"

Rain look so freakin sweet can't wait for him to come out and for the fourth dlc i think its going to be a completely new character

Tomorrow, ill fill this with gameplay info, as soon as I come back from the univ. (and if Rain is out in time lol)

does anyone know what time he is suppose to come out on psn?

Not sure, but Kenshi came out in the early afternoon (Eastern zone) for PSN.

For anyone that hasn't seen, Rain is now out on XBOX Live. Best DLC character so far!

ok here i go:
Fatality 1: Bubble Burst: B, F, D, B, BL
Fatality 2: Does It Sting: U, D, B, F, 2 (BP)
Babality: B, D, F, 1 (FP)
Stage Fatality: F, D, F, 4 (BK)

Here's a few juggles I came up with in training mode.

-1, 2, forward+4, dash, 1, 2, forward+4, dash, 1, 1, lightning, super kick, 1, 1, EX aqua splash: 36% damage.

-4, Super Kick, 1, 1, Water Bubble, 4, 3, Back+4: 30% damage.

-1, 2, Forward+4, dash, 1, 2, Forward+4, dash, 1, 1, Lightning, Super Kick, Geyser Kick: 34% damage.

-Back+2, 1+2, dash, 1, 1, Lightning, Super Kick, 4, 3, Back+4: 31% damage.

-4, 3, Lightning, 4, 3, Water Bubble, 4, 3, Back+4: 33% damage. Rain's bread n butter for beginner players.

-1, 2, Forward+4, dash, 1, 2, Forward+4, dash, 1, 1, X-ray, 4, 3, Back+4: 44% damage.

Last edited:

Omgggggg, this guy is awesome. Already got a 40% midscreen combo. This guy has high-lows, numerous pop ups, great teleport, damage boost, easy x ray to combo into not to mention you can combo after it. His bubble move is better than Scorpions spear and SZ freeze combined. After 20 minutes of playing with him, im convinced he will jump to the top of the most played list very quickly. Im hopping on the rain train.

Im afraid of Rains potential in this game...

Last edited:

so u can download him already on xbox redraiden?

edit- ok i see that u can. thanks severage

Last edited:

36% damage, no meter

jp. away 2, 1+2, dash, 4, 3 , water bubble, 4, 3, lightning, super kick, uppercut

Its pretty easy to, main trouble is the timing on 4,3 after the water bubble.

And Jbell, yes, he is on xbox live.

Rain's ****ing awesome. Since this thread isn't getting bombarded with posts yet, I'll go ahead and toss in one of my combos:

(41% - one meter) JPS, 1, 2, F+4, dash, 4, 3, bubble, 4, 3, lightning, super roundhouse, 4, 3, EX splash

I couldn't come up with a decent meterless way to end that combo; most of his specials are too slow to drop in for the last hit.

so u can download him already on xbox redraiden?

He's out on Xbox right now, yeah.

ok here i go:
Fatality 1: Bubble Burst: B, F, D, B, BL
Fatality 2: Does It Sting: U, D, B, F, 2 (BP)
Babality: B, D, F, 1 (FP)
Stage Fatality: F, D, F, 4 (BK)

How is it possible that people discover this inputs? They keep trying over and over again?! Cause they are simply not found anywhere in-game and I doubt producers give away this inputs. >_<

Im afraid of Rains potential in this game...

yea thats cool but can he beat the dreaded HAT SPIN? lol

I will say it now and before there is a thread about him and before I play with or see him play...Rain is OP!

How is it possible that people discover this inputs? They keep trying over and over again?! Cause they are simply not found anywhere in-game and I doubt producers give away this inputs. >_<

apparently his inputs were given away when you purchased him. Maybe as a glitch or by accident, or even as some sort of gift?

Also, I'm pretty sure NRS is purposely making the DLC high tier characters now, and maybe nerf any OP-ness later. This way, they'll sell lots more of them. It's not like the majority of people are going to pay $5 for a crappy character...

Usually you kinda guess. I figured out Kenshi's stage fatality and second fatality by guessing. Usually they are educated guesses, by that I mean you look at what fatality inputs already are for other chars. Apparently though, there is a glitch where Rain's inputs are already given.

Hi people, Ill put all the info soon but be patient I have PS3, so I cant dl Rain yet, wait for 2 or 3 hours till Rain comes on PSN, Ill add the info, thanks for all the combos and inputs.

Usually you kinda guess. I figured out Kenshi's stage fatality and second fatality by guessing. Usually they are educated guesses, by that I mean you look at what fatality inputs already are for other chars. Apparently though, there is a glitch where Rain's inputs are already given.
the only finishing move i guessed was smoke babality (no button required).
for rain's finishing moves i didn't notice if them were in the movelist from start.. i've just search into the char files to find them :p