Rain Thread - "I am the Prince of Edenia"

my only problem with him is the difficulty of pulling off his difficult juggles online in laggier match. Even offline it requires precise timing so it can be impossible at times.

keep the button commands simple for online. my best and only suggestion. you don't have to show off, this isn't the big leagues. do what you need to do to win (except for spamming is a no no).

From the small time I've had to play him (hate being this busy) I like his style. If I had to say anything negative I dislike how only one of his strings are 3 hit starters the rest being two hit. Some of his moves seem to have little range. And he seems EXTREMELY reliant on his roundhouse/lightning/bubble.

I've noticed you can juggle with his 1,2,f+4 3 times on its own. 2 times can link in a waterbubble. Anyone know if 3 can link in a lightning?

His superkick cancels combined with his b+2 mixups gives him some rather deadly mindgames imo.

B+2xxsuperkickxxdash cancel (do whatever...probably grab?)
B+2xxsuperkick (combo it up)
B+2 -> low hit
B+2-> overhead
B+2-> grab

Superkick cancel on its own is impressive too. Cancel that ***** till the opponent fears your next move imo.

I actually dislike the boost move tho. Coulda just baked in a bit of that damage into the final product and call it good. Even with how powerful the ex version is.

I dont think you can do 3 & link the lightning. (I stand corrected) Gave it a try last night. But Im not that great so maybe I was just missing the timing.

1,2 f+4 (x2) 4,3 waterbubble > then whatever else you want to do. :\

Also suggestions on 4,3 xx lightning or super kick timing after a launcher: 12 f+4 or b+2, 1+2. It seems to hit only sometimes even though Im changing my timing Im gettting the same result. In the case of the lightning it seems that 4,3 pushes them to far away and it misses.

Also, what would you say is prime location for bubble placement. I've found that putting them right next to where Rain's head would be if he was standing works best IMO. Any other opinions?

Last edited:
Ill try them out when I get home but last night the little I played I didn't seem to have much trouble landing any of his combos.

I am really not a fan of his 1, 1+2, my thumb cannot simply click in those two buttoms at the same that often, it sucks because I really think it's quite useful. Sheeva actually has a similar combo.

What are Rain's best wake-up attacks? Geyser kick is not as effective as I thought it'd be though :/

its plenty effective if they crowd u. Problem people are having is they do it when the opponent is too far away. Just have to get used to its range.

My fave wakeup is delayed getup lol. Alnways messes with people.

its plenty effective if they crowd u. Problem people are having is they do it when the opponent is too far away. Just have to get used to its range.

My fave wakeup is delayed getup lol. Alnways messes with people.
Then you should not play against my Nightwolf :p I attack everyone who just stands on the floor with lightning quite often. With Sheeva, you can use her teleport to damage you on the ground. I guess it depends, but I really like to do wake-up attacks. I believe against rushers, gresyer kick seems to be the best one.

suprised people are saying his xray is poor - you can combo into it and then out of it.... I guess there are other chracters you can combo out of the xray, but not the ones I play.

Then you should not play against my Nightwolf :p I attack everyone who just stands on the floor with lightning quite often. With Sheeva, you can use her teleport to damage you on the ground. I guess it depends, but I really like to do wake-up attacks. I believe against rushers, gresyer kick seems to be the best one.

wakeup attacks are great, the problem people have is they abuse them. the only wakeup attacks that could be abused are ones that are completly safe for the fight, and even then, switching it up in the end will be more effective.

its like smoke spammers. teleport every time? why? his wakeup teleport is GREAT...but not if its overused.

so in that respect i think rains wakeups are damn good, maybe not best, but damn good all the same.

Anyone figure out the optimum bnb? what i mean is you can utilize the bubble, lightning and super kick but in which order yields the best output?

from what it sounds like bubble functions like sz iceball, it lessens the subsequent combo damage. lightning deals a massive 3% and super kick is 11%

so naturally youd think you would do comboxxsuperkick, comboxxlighting, comboxxbubble in accordance to damage scaling. but is it possible for a combo to go in that direction? i see a lot of people just do superkick after lightning also, is there nothing else you can do? seems it would be more damage to get a hit or 2 in then superkick after the lightning.

also, anyone feel rain was inspired by prince? i mean, his name is rain...hes purple...he used to be a prince....

Ok, im back, i copied all the combos you guys posted that are somewhat different to the ones already in the guide in a txt file, Ill test them later (im very tired now) and add all of them to the front page, sorry for the late but party+PES tourney+hamburgers is a bad combination so I feel kinda sick lol
Ill improve this tonight and tomorrow. Thanks.

His ending was pretty nice, I mean he killed Khan and then fixed his clothes! How much more arrogant can you be? LOL

Using your logic why not try: 4, Super Kick, 4,3, Lighning 4,3 bubble 4,3 water splash...has that been posted or tried?

And yes I do believe he was inspired by Prince and purple rain. Seems some what femine. And also those fingerless gloves are kind of 'Rock-n-Roll-ish' and the remind of the as*-less chaps Prince has been know to wear. Just sayin...all his victory pose needs is a crying dove and there'd be no denying it. LOL

Last edited:
I honestly dont like that combo because I 4,3 is overused. But I suppose its good for testing I mean 4,3 links to everything....

(stuck at work currently) Also someone try: 1,2 f+4 dash b+2, 1+2 dash 4,3 lighning, superkick 4, geyser kick and tell what that yeilds...if it connects.

Yes, you can combo his x-ray before and AFTER, but if you notice its damage is severely lowered. I actually posted an example about three pages ago.

You damage much more if you do 4, 3, x-ray, 1, 1, aqua splash, than if you add more combo strings to this combo and we're talking about 5% less damage! That's why I am disappointed. His x-ray per se is not weak, what weak about it is that its damage looses in the middle of long combos...

is 4,3 really worth it outside of punishing? as i understand it it isnt safe on block, and has no mixup potential. all it has is slightly more damage.

also not hit confirmable, thats an issue for me.

Here's a combo video of Rain I made, I didn't read through this thread, so if my combos are minor or notched down compared to a few, tell me now, since the advanced combos I seen in OP doesn't match up to mine as far as I know. Feel free to ask me any questions, and my combos are listed in the description, if you can't see the video, I will reupload a new video when I feel like it [tomorrow maybe XD].

Aedon, my bnb with him is either

B+2,1+2 >> B+2,1+2 >> 4,3 xx bubble,4,3 xx lightning (delay) roundhouse, water stream

A good like..... 36%

or

B+2,1+2 >> 4,3 xx roundhouse,4,3 xx lightning,uppercut OR geyser kick

I forget how much damage this combo does, but I think it is somewhere around 35%

I added a couple of combos I figured out on my own, Ill check the ones you posted guys tomorrow, Im tired now. Thanks!