Mortal Kombat "Season Pass" for Xbox 360 Announced

Patrick McCarron

TRMK Admin, Co-founder
Staff member
We just got sent an important press release related to <a href="http://www.trmk.org/games/mortal_kombat_9/">Mortal Kombat (2011)</a> DLC. It appears they are <a href="http://www.giantbomb.com/news/rockstar-releases-first-la-noire-dlc-explains-why-the-rockstar-pass-is-actually-worthwhile/3278/">taking a page from LA Noire</a> and offering customers a discounted <b>"Mortal Kombat Season Pass"</b> to get all four DLC characters for a discounted price of <b>1200 Microsoft Points</b>, a 400 Point discount over buying them each individually. Also, it was announced that compatibility packs will be offered for free, which include the klassic <b>Sektor</b> and <b>Cyrax</b> skins.

Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment and NetherRealm Studios are excited to announce the Mortal Kombat Season Pass which will offer Mortal Kombat fans an added incentive to buy all four new Add-on warriors at one time for a reduced price instead of when purchasing them individually. The first Mortal Kombat downloadable warrior, Skarlet, will be available for download starting June 21st and will be followed by Kenshi, Rain, and an unannounced new entrant to the Mortal Kombat tournament! Each warrior will come with a full move set, a ladder arcade story ending and two fatalities.

Available for purchase starting June 21st, the Mortal Kombat Season Pass will allow users to buy all four downloadable warriors as a package for 1200 Microsoft points. Each individual warrior can be purchased when they release for 400 Microsoft points. Each warrior will become unlocked for download as they become available throughout the summer.

Further, in order to allow for seamless online play with the new downloadable warriors, free compatibility packs will be required to download with the release of each new warrior. As an added incentive, each compatibility pack will come with two FREE klassic skins – the first of which are being released with Skarlet will be Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3 inspired Cyrax and Sektor. Gamers who purchase the Mortal Kombat Season Pass (or individual Add-on content) will automatically get the free klassic skins when they download each warrior. Those who do not purchase the Mortal Kombat Season Pass or the Add-ons, will be able to download the compatibility packs for free and have access to the klassic skins as well.

Please note: The Mortal Kombat Season Pass is only available for purchase on Microsoft’s Xbox LIVE. PlayStation users will also have full access to the individual DLC warriors (for $4.99), the compatibility packs, and the FREE klassic skins.

We are not sure why this is not coming for PlayStation 3 users, as LA Noire's Rockstar Pass is cross platform, but it's nice to see the Xbox 360 getting some exclusive love.

Thanks to <a href="http://www.trmk.org/forums/member.php/4943-fraysol">fraysol</a> for the tip!

Last edited by a moderator:
Whoa... yeah, this is a no brainer for me. I was planning to buy everything anyway. (though I might be a bit pissed if the fourth character is someone like Mokap)

I also love the incentive of the free compatibility packs, especially with the first two being Cyrax and Sektor's MK3 outfits. I'm holding out hope for a similar outfit for Cyber Sub-Zero, just for the sake of completeness. :)

I already have classic Scorpion from the Gamestop pre-order, but I would definitely go after the rest of the set. $15 isn't a bad price, but I wish it could be a little lower.

If it zips the enraged Xbox community over the exclusive bonus character fiasco with Kratos and the PS3 then I'm all for it.

Would I preferred to have a Season Pass? Yes but the extra $4.99 isn't going to break my wallet for whoever the fourth character may be after Rain.

I'm more interested in these free compatibility/ costume packs, to be fair. I completely loathe this mash-up of the MK1 and II costumes for Scorpion/ Sub-Zero/ Reptile/ Ermac so I'm hoping to see them in (accurate) UMK3 costumes somewhere down the road.

I'm definitely gonna get it once I have enough money so I can get more points. 1200 points is definitely worth it, especially getting free klassic skins after each discount on the first 4 DLC warriors. I wonder if they do klassic Kung Lao and Liu Kang outfits for the last two DLC warriors.

They could have also included the klassic kostumes No. 1, man, NRS lost all my respect. I have bought the game day one at full price, still can't enjoy MP and i have to pay for content, that is already on disc.

Last edited:
Great news :D. I know I wanted to get Kenshi and Rain but this makes the Skarlett an easier purchase since it'll be included in the season pass. I just wasn't sure about her move set but this fixes all the doubts now :p. Great stuff, thanks for the information :).

Sounds like a good offer, although I would like to know the status of future Klassic Kostume Packs(#2, #3, ect) in this deal. Still going to be $4.99 each, I presume.

I love how companies have started doing this. It was great for Smackdown vs. Raw 2011 and LA Noire. Pay one price up front and get everything for a discount. So either pay $10 up front or pay $20 for them individually if you are buying them all. As an Xbox player I will absolutely be getting this.

Whoa, this is a HUGE exclusive for the 360 (if it is really an exclusive). I guess it makes sense considering the PS3 essentially got Kratos for free, this makes up for it. At least the PS3 users aren't missing out, so in the end, this works out.

Whoa, this is a HUGE exclusive for the 360 (if it is really an exclusive). I guess it makes sense considering the PS3 essentially got Kratos for free, this makes up for it. At least the PS3 users aren't missing out, so in the end, this works out.

i like this better than having "exclusive" characters. i was going to buy them all anyway and now i get it for $15 instead of $20. this makes up for everything imo. i find it hilarious people were saying it would be $10 for 1 character.

I already have classic Scorpion from the Gamestop pre-order, but I would definitely go after the rest of the set. $15 isn't a bad price, but I wish it could be a little lower.

R u kidding me? Thats a great price considering we get a free kharacter and 8 free skins. Stop complaining

So is this a limited time offer, or is it good for a while? Unfortunately, I'm sitting on 1170 points right now, and Xbox Rewards shafted me out of 20 points last month for the needed 100 Rewards points to get those bonus MS points, meaning I'll not be getting a total of 1200 points until July, without having to actually buy more. If this offer is still good come mid-July, I can try and hold off getting Skarlet. Otherwise I guess I need to buy more points, that I otherwise shouldn't need to.