What do you think will come after the 4th DLC character?

What do you think will come after the 4th DLC character?

• More New Characters

Votes: 65 26.1%
  • Boss Characters

Votes: 15 6.0%
  • New Fatalities

Votes: 29 11.6%
  • New X-Rays

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • New Stages

Votes: 17 6.8%
  • New Costumes (classic costumes, ending costumes or others)

Votes: 67 26.9%
  • Something else

Votes: 11 4.4%
  • Nothing (no more DLCs)

Votes: 44 17.7%

• Total voters

Magna

Everyone is talking like the 4th DLC character will be the last one, but that isn't certain yet. So, what do you guys think (or hope) will come after the 4th DLC character?

1. More New Characters
2. Boss Characters
3. New Fatalities
4. New X-Rays
5. New Stages
6. New Costumes (classic costumes, ending costumes or others)
7. Something else
8. Nothing (no more DLCs)

I 99% doubt that we will ever get playable boss characters, new fatalities, or new X-Rays. I think we will continually get new costumes for a loooong time. I'd say characters are the most likely, with new stages being slightly less likely.

I'm hoping they make 3rd alternates for everyone also I wouldn't mind new stages or characters

Bosses are already on the disc (BUT DISC LOCKED).
Goro, Kintaro and Khan all have move sets and a move list, plus 2 fatalities AND a babality for each boss!.

Goro AND Kintaro BOTH have game endings (ladder) BUT Shao Khan does NOT have an ending!

And all 3 also have bio's, but neither of them have alternate costumes.

I bet that after the 4th DLC fighter, they will sell us the code to UNLOCK the bosses (whose content is ALREADY on the disc)! Its just gonna be a patch that you pay for that will make them available for play. Its not like they are going to have to do any extra work. Maybe just make a selection icon for them at the character select screen, but that's about all the extra work that will be needed.

Last edited:
Now giving my thoughts, I think that we will get a couple of more fighters or so while giving us some costumes now and then, end after everything else, they'll unlock the bosses for offline play. And it would be really cool if they made new X-Rays for each character. But I don't think they'll focus on making new stages. Maybe one new stage, but nothing more.

I 99% doubt that we will ever get playable boss characters, new fatalities, or new X-Rays. I think we will continually get new costumes for a loooong time. I'd say characters are the most likely, with new stages being slightly less likely.

That shows how much you pay attention. Boon already confirmed that they would release fatality packs with like 3-5 fatalities in them. We could definately see playabe boss, but ONLY for offline.

That shows how much you pay attention. Boon already confirmed that they would release fatality packs with like 3-5 fatalities in them. We could definately see playabe boss, but ONLY for offline.

I really hope they keep bosses unplayable. They put a lot of time and effort into making the bosses look and feel really badass. Whenever I fight them I feel like I'd get my ass kicked if I tried to fight them toe-to-toe. I can beat them pretty easily if I just wait for them to attack and then counter but I do it that way because trading punches with them would be suicide. I like that feeling. The bosses finally feel powerful again. Being able to play as them would wreck all the work that got put into them in Story Mode, Arcade Ladder, and Challenge Tower. And yeah, I know, if I don't want them then I shouldn't buy them but I really just don't like the concept of it...

doubt we will get anything for a long time, i still reckon they will bring out some terrible crossover character for halloween, i saw something about freddy krueger and jason, big fans of the movies but not over keen about seeing them in mortal kombat.

I voted nothing but for a good reason. I voted that because after the 4th dlc I think Ed boon will hint something about another mortal kombat. This is just a guess. But if more dlc comes I'm not complaining :)

I'd be all for more costumes. They don't really affect gameplay too intensely, but they're nice touches to add-in some variety. I enjoy having three costumes to flip through for Sub-Zero (my main) and would be all for seeing more added in after they're done with DLC characters.