Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3 secrets: Rain? Noob Saibot?

mk3fan

I was wondering if anyone could give me some information on the Arcade UMK3 machine - I recently bought it (it's totally awesome!!!) but in the opening intro it shows Noob Saibot getting a fatality done to him as well as Rain as a character facing someone else. I know you can get Human Smoke by holding down back+run+Highpunch+block+highkick; but what's the deal with the other two??? On Gamewinners.com it says that I can only pick Noob Saibot if I use a wavenet machine.... what the hell is a wavenet machine and how do I know if I have one?

So what's the deal with Rain and Noob Saibot?

Thanks for your time!
- MK3fan :twisted: [/b]

im pretty sure both arent selectable characters or playable for that matter.

The scenes in the beginning are just teasers for something that you cant get.

The only way you can play as Rain and Noob Saibot in UMK3 is to buy the crappy 16-bit versions. Otherwise, you can only fight against Noob in the arcade version, and Rain basically just doesn't exist. Like Electrici said, they were just teasers to make you think that there was something more to the game.

I don't know what the fuck a Wavenet machine is. My only guess is that perhaps somewhere out there is a hacked arcade board that enables you to play as Noob.

Rain was amazing on the mega drive!! Could beat any character with him and just 2 moves albeit I used them over and over but still :lol:

WaveNET is a special beta-only networked version of MK3 and UMK3. It was deployed across Chicago to Midway's many "test" arcades and networked via fractional-T1 lines to each arcade. It was cool and included a playable Noob Saibot for the first time, it's been so long I almost forgot he was playable in the game at all.

I live near the border of Illinois/Ontario. Maybe I should check the arcades of Chicago some time.

Well this means we can't use Noob and Rain if UMK3 is on Midway Arcade Treasures 3.

D3K said:
Rain was amazing on the mega drive!! Could beat any character with him and just 2 moves albeit I used them over and over but still :lol:

The Mega Drive? Wow dude, where are you from, Japan? It's called the Genesis over here.

It's called the Mega Drive here in the UK last time I checked :roll: . Anyway it said mega drive on the system and all the game boxes so that's what I'll call it :p .

BlackWarrior said:
i could do a continuous 2-move combo with anybody and still beat anybody :twisted: you need to learn some new tactics

I did use another move lol, his lightning attack. That seems to have made it into Deception but as Nightwolfs move :roll: .

kabalfan said:
noob & rain are playble on snes!but i dont know why it doesnt work on your arcade

It doesn't work because Noob and Rain are NOT playable in the arcade version (as you should have read above). They were added to the SNES and Genesis versions most likely as an attempt to appease fans who didn't have either the 32-bit or 64-bit systems on which MK Trilogy was released.

D3K said:
It's called the Mega Drive here in the UK last time I checked :roll: . Anyway it said mega drive on the system and all the game boxes so that's what I'll call it :p .

I was just messing with ya'. It did strike me as a bit odd, though, since I haven't seen it referred to as the Mega Drive in I don't know how long.

I didn't realize it was the Mega Drive in the UK, though (or I'd forgotten), so thank you for that information. I guess you learn something new (or old) every day.

Just in case I think that DeathcoreRyknow is very experienced and smart player and human, but BlackWarrior is stupid, because he always licks DeathcoreRyknow's ass

*sigh*

Rain and Noob were not placed in the 16-bit versions of UMK3 to appease anyone. They were put there because they couldn't fit all of the UMK3 character sprites into a cartridge for 16-bit systems so they had to take out one... so they decided to GET RID OF MY BELOVED SHEEVA of all characters, and then to make up for it by adding a couple more palette-swapped ninjas, namely that ass-clown Rain and Noob Suckbot, hoping that nobody would mind. Well Ed Boon, I F*CKING MIND! When I first played the 16-bit UMK3 and noticed this, I wanted to piss all over the cartridge, but since it was rented, I restrained myself.

Ok I think I'm better now.

Ulf said:
Just in case I think that DeathcoreRyknow is very experienced and smart player and human, but BlackWarrior is stupid, because he always licks DeathcoreRyknow's ass

wtf are you talking about?! are you reffering to me laughing at what Deathcore said? Go !@#$ yourself before you get lit the !@#$ up all over this message board, you cock-sucking bastard.