Official Kenshi Discussion * All Kenshi Related Topics Go Here

3mag5num7

I see all kinds of DLC hype, but very little of it has anything to do with Kenshi. He's mentioned in passing a lot more than he's actually discussed. I know some people think he's a simple Ermac clone, but his story is badass as hell and a blind, telekinetic swordsman is a pretty cool concept for a fighter. I think if they focus a bit more on making him a swordsman first and using his telekinesis as a compliment to that, he could be alotta fun.

We haven't seen a lot of information released on him, but I'd still like to get a little bit of love circulating for this seeing-impaired badass. What do you guys want from him? New look? New moves?

Anyone else wanna see what his current level of interaction with Ermac has been? Since Ermac hasn't been wandering free from Kahn's command for long (if at all), maybe the two have yet to meet. Maybe Kenshi is still being tutored by Ermac. Maybe Kenshi is still a prideful, wandering warrior, looking for a worthy opponent. Maybe he still has his sight. Shang Tsung might not have had the time to deceive Kenshi yet. All kinds of possibilities.

Re: Kenshi

I think that the lack of info is because maybe they replaced his realese with another character and he will be realesed later or maybe never, is what i think. Remember that he was announced by the same magazine that announced "kintaro" as dlc, so its no a so reliable source.

I think that the lack of info is because maybe they replaced his realese with another character and he will be realesed later or maybe never, is what i think. Remember that he was announced by the same magazine that announced "kintaro" as dlc, so its no a so reliable source.

They also haven't said too terribly much about Skarlet officially either. Lots of leaks and such. Kenshi could have just not been leaked. Could be luck of the draw or they could be trying harder to keep him under wraps (no pun intended), Kenshi is ripe for a bit of an overhaul. Especially with the Alternate Timeline in effect and his previous interactions with Shang Tsung unconfirmed for the current storyline. One never knows.

I personally like Kenshi, I remain hopeful lol.

I think Kenshi might play similar to this:

....but with the inclusion of the sword. This Kenshi's telekenic abilites have different attributes than Ermac's.
I dont think he will be an exact clone of him.

I think Kenshi might play similar to this:

....but with the inclusion of the sword. This Kenshi's telekenic abilites have different attributes than Ermac's.
I dont think he will be an exact clone of him.

I liked the telekinetic powers in that video, but yeah, I'm definitely wanting to see some more swordplay from him in this game. Having some similar telekinetic powers as a compliment would be cool though.

Re: What do you think Kenshi will be like?

I'm thinking a focus on sword based attacks.

Maybe he throws his sword with telekinesis.

It probably will be, especially since he has about the same psychic powers as Ermac, and his trademark is his sword, which will probably have more emphasis in his fighting style, more then Kitana and her blade fans. It'd be awesome if it was just completely his sword in replace for punches. I'd love that :D

Telekinesis kenshi - Lame ermac copy
Swordman kenshi - Great and original character :)

I said this before but the last rumors says he wont have telekinesis and he would be just a swordman and i hope its true, i hate copies. And makes sense because ermac is still a bad guy controlled by shao kahn so he didnt teach the power of telekinesis to kenshi yet.

Is time for a real swordman in the MK universe.

I'm thinking a focus on sword based attacks.

Maybe he throws his sword with telekinesis.

He should be able to fire a tele-blast out of his sword the EX version he could throw his sword and make it come back to him like the lightsaber throws in Star Wars

probably some recycled deathstroke moves from MKvsDC, just add some levitating move & u get kenshi lol

Uhhhh. Like a swordsman? And AWESOME? :)

I'm expecting an almost exclusively sword based fighter. He hasn't encountered Ermac yet (as far as we know) and thus has no means of using telekinesis. I'm really glad they're emphasizing his more unique aspects. I've heard some people thinking it would be cool to see him telekinetically throw his sword. One, he prolly doesn't have that ability and two, seeing a sword magically dance around on its own just doesn't tickle my fancy.

I've always liked Kenshi and am really excited for his upcoming showing as DLC.

Uhhhh. Like a swordsman? And AWESOME? :)

I like the way you think lol. =)

I'm expecting an almost exclusively sword based fighter. He hasn't encountered Ermac yet (as far as we know) and thus has no means of using telekinesis. I'm really glad they're emphasizing his more unique aspects. I've heard some people thinking it would be cool to see him telekinetically throw his sword. One, he prolly doesn't have that ability and two, seeing a sword magically dance around on its own just doesn't tickle my fancy.

I've always liked Kenshi and am really excited for his upcoming showing as DLC.

I like the way you think lol. =)

I was thinking he throws his sword normally and uses his telekinesis to rip the sword out of his opponent and back into his hand

I was thinking he throws his sword normally and uses his telekinesis to rip the sword out of his opponent and back into his hand

I don't much care for it aesthetically because it's a bit of a ridiculous thing to do, ya know, a skilled swordsman throwing his sword away, lol. However, as a more straight-up swordsman, he could be very lacking in projectiles or other such longer-range attacks. Considering he may well be entirely without his telekinetic abilities, I'm not sure how else he'd be able to fight at range...

I wonder if he will be blind?

If Kenshi isn't blind, that will be retarded.

Kenshi (剣士) means "swordsman" in Japanese, and he will focus more on sword-based attacks. I'm really excited for him, hopefully he has kind of a Samurai style. I've always wanted a true Samurai and a Ninja in MK.

Kenshi had better look ridiculously badass. I always liked him because he was a blind swordsman, that's such an inspirational character plot. I felt bad for doing fatalities on him back in Deception... can't wait to try out the Ermac/Kenshi tag team.