Hunting

I'm with you man, I could never get into hunting, but I love fishing. I mainly fish for bass, bluegill and catfish, what about you?

I fish for trout at that local lake, or occasionally salmon off on the georgia strait.
I haven't been able to get out much though because of crappy weather and the fact that my dad is no longer friends with the guy who owned the boat we used. I'm thinking about making myself a (small) boat in woodshop class next year though.

Jade, that's fine, we can agree to disagree. You have your opinion, I have mine. Ahh, freedom. And like I've said before, I don't hunt, I've never hunted, and I don't have the desire to hunt. I'll wait for someone who actually DOES hunt to step in and defend their hobby. I'm indifferent to it and that's the bottom line.

Yes, I'm watching wrestling right now haha.

?

I never said we couldn't agree to disagree and I am very aware it is all opinions, I am just using your quotes to bring up points of my own. I don't really care if people agree with me or not, I am just sharing what I think. Not looking for an argument of any kind, just good discussion.

:)

i dont hunt just to kill forest animals for fun. if i kill it, i intend to eat it. (venison jerky FTW)

I fish catch and release a lot. Especially when I go to Galveston every year or so. Usually a wide variety of fish in the ocean.

Usually catch Bass, Trout, and some catfish.

I have a soft spot for animals so I could never hunt. Only for survival reasons.

If you're eating them for food and killing them in a humane way. I don't really see a problem. Sort of like how indians did it. except they were forced to use bows that didn't always 1shot kill :\. But they gave thanks and all that stuff to the animal. but guns exist now. Please be a good shot if you do go hunting >.> don't shoot one in the leg and it gets away and has to live with a bullet in the leg for the rest of it's life cuz it never died.

I have a soft spot for animals so I could never hunt. Only for survival reasons.

If you're eating them for food and killing them in a humane way. I don't really see a problem. Sort of like how indians did it. except they were forced to use bows that didn't always 1shot kill :\. But they gave thanks and all that stuff to the animal. but guns exist now. Please be a good shot if you do go hunting >.> don't shoot one in the leg and it gets away and has to live with a bullet in the leg for the rest of it's life cuz it never died.

I dont think a bow cause more suffering than a gun when hit properly but I've never been shot by any, lol. The way I see it is that animals we hunt will suffer by far less then the ones in the grocery store wich is a reason why I would like to have my own little farm one day, give animals a decent life and kill one once in a while for food, with respect. I don't have any problem killing for food but sadly it's not that easy to always 1shot kill.

I don't believe in hunting for myself, but I wouldn't tell somebody else not to do it.

I know that I don't have the balls to kill an animal. I don't even like watching people pull fish out of the water and string them up on lines.

But I do think that we are carnivores, and by definition, predators. Modern farming techniques have eliminated the need for humans to act as predators, but I'm still glad that some people are passing the knowledge down. You never know what could happen in the world, theoretically something could happen to where if you want to eat something, you're going to have to go out and kill it first. I do think it has some value in that regard.

I don't believe in cheating when you hunt, though. Like some people put food out to lure deer and then shoot them. Hunting should be the thrill of the hunt, meaning you track the deer and catch him in his natural habitat, not lure him artificially. I guess you could argue that fishing artificially lures fish, but unless you're going to spear fish or noodle, I don't know of another way to do it.

I recently went to a gun show with a friend. I realized that someday if we ever have a zombie apocalypse, the kind of people who attend these shows are going to be the only survivors. Then I decided I'd rather just be a zombie than be trapped on earth with gun show people. That's just my personal decision, though, and I'm not going to tell them not to do what they do.

Hunting for food is in our nature.

Hunting for fun? Ehhh I don't see a tiger killing an animal cause he/she is bored :/

I love guns but I'd rather have fun with them at a shooting range, not killing innocent animals.

I dont think a bow cause more suffering than a gun when hit properly but I've never been shot by any, lol. The way I see it is that animals we hunt will suffer by far less then the ones in the grocery store wich is a reason why I would like to have my own little farm one day, give animals a decent life and kill one once in a while for food, with respect. I don't have any problem killing for food but sadly it's not that easy to always 1shot kill.

well I dunno man it's not like the advanced bows we got today that could practically be sniper rifles.