Anyone have a gameplay video of...?

Have you seen a good well played Stryker gameplay video?

• Total voters

Brodersen

Anyone know where to find a gameplay video of Stryker? I noticed nobody seems to wants to use him, so I started trying him out (and because I like his "no magic" style). I would like to see how the really good players handle him.

If anyone knows a tournament video, or just a video of a really good Stryker player would also be cool (except I don't want to view noob bashing, only pro's vs pro's).

EDIT: And btw why is it so hard to find this? It seems like nobody wants to play him, yet I see everyone claims he is perfectly balance...??? He is a cool character imo, and he has some cool fatalities, moves and playstyle. Why does nobody want to play as him???

Last edited:
I think Vulcan Hades here has some Stryker videos on his youtube channel. There's a link to it in his status.

you know, there is this little thing called personal opinion, you have lots of it, but youve stashed it under your facts section.

cyber sub zero is a freaking awesome character both aestheticaly and gameplaywise. this is my opinoin of course, as well as many others.

personally i find stryker's style aesthetically to not go well with mk, he seems out of place and is rather lackluster (again my opinion!)

so can we retract your nonfactual statements? or just put a big fat imo in there.

ill dig up a stryker vid for ya, but i cant gaurantee pro vs pro since search functions really arnt that reliable.

i did not know of this sites existance! so much better then youtubing it. ty, bookmarking

edit: also after watching it, stryker has the best non fatality ending ive seen, and in a way, is a fatality anyways.

Just checked out all the Stryker video's on frame advantage... There was one that was ok, but nothing to learn from. The rest was bad.

Are there really NO pro Stryker videos out there. Is he an abandoned character? :,(

EDIT: If that's the case, then I really don't care what people try to convince me that he is not weak. If NOBODY uses such cool character, ONLY because they don't like to play with him, but claim that it has nothing to do with his abilities, that I don't believe.

are you just incapable of reason or something? your like a spoiled child, impossible to please (its a metaphor, i do not think you aer actually a spoiled child)

you complain about stryker being weak citing lack of representation (lol) as the reason. you then cite why he is weak, which you are told in detail how you are wrong. he may not be the strongest char in mk9 but does he need to be? does any char need to be?

and as far as him being "such a cool character" i guarantee you if so many people thought he was cool theyd use him, regardless of power. something is cool based on a persons perspective, not fact, hes cool to you, hes cool to many, hes not cool to all.

this game has been out a month or 2, the last tourney was still use pre-patch game with broken mechanics, the majority of hte lineup was things like kung lao spins, cyrax bomb traps, sub unscaled xrays etc. tourney players use (aka pros) tend to favor the strongest strat regardless of anything else. stryker doesnt have a infinite, good resets, favoreable glitches etc so didnt get used along with MANY other characters for the tourney.

myself i think hsi xray/finishers look good, but him i do not like aesthetically, ill never main him, id hesitate to even play him beyond learning the matchups, this doesnt mean he sucks, it maens i dont like cops >.>

you are by far the most closeminded raging individual ive met on this site thus far. if your not gonna listen to reason, then by all means keep complaining about how woefully weak you think your fav character is. So many people have tried to provide you useful info from videos to how stryker doesnt suck and you ignore it all, you cant overcome willful ignorance and self pity so good day to you sir! I hope you someday gain some objective reasoning skills!

are you just incapable of reason or something? your like a spoiled child, impossible to please (its a metaphor, i do not think you aer actually a spoiled child)

you complain about stryker being weak citing lack of representation (lol) as the reason. you then cite why he is weak, which you are told in detail how you are wrong. he may not be the strongest char in mk9 but does he need to be? does any char need to be?

and as far as him being "such a cool character" i guarantee you if so many people thought he was cool theyd use him, regardless of power. something is cool based on a persons perspective, not fact, hes cool to you, hes cool to many, hes not cool to all.

this game has been out a month or 2, the last tourney was still use pre-patch game with broken mechanics, the majority of hte lineup was things like kung lao spins, cyrax bomb traps, sub unscaled xrays etc. tourney players use (aka pros) tend to favor the strongest strat regardless of anything else. stryker doesnt have a infinite, good resets, favoreable glitches etc so didnt get used along with MANY other characters for the tourney.

myself i think hsi xray/finishers look good, but him i do not like aesthetically, ill never main him, id hesitate to even play him beyond learning the matchups, this doesnt mean he sucks, it maens i dont like cops >.>

you are by far the most closeminded raging individual ive met on this site thus far. if your not gonna listen to reason, then by all means keep complaining about how woefully weak you think your fav character is. So many people have tried to provide you useful info from videos to how stryker doesnt suck and you ignore it all, you cant overcome willful ignorance and self pity so good day to you sir! I hope you someday gain some objective reasoning skills!

Aedanwolfe my man, why are you being so agressive over the whole Stryker thing? The guy's just voicing his mind on Stryker and he's right to a degree. Everyone has strengths, even characters like Baraka. Borderson's probably been playing Stryker for a while now, and I know I've gotten my ass kicked by a few. All the guy wants is some tournament vids :B

sorry man, this isnt his first post of bashing random characters whie simultaneously praising and pitying his beloved char. probably remnants from my WoW days (yes, i used to play it /cringe) or something but it gets soooo far under my skin when someone cant even muster a thanks and instead come here with questions but these questions are merely to get people to re-affirm there beliefs and ***** when people provide information against said beliefs.

nothing against him personally, just the form of his posts are really bad imo. ill restrain myself to just not replying when his post structures are similar from now on, or try to ignore its context at least.

ill leave with this...strykers good :p

sorry man, this isnt his first post of bashing random characters whie simultaneously praising and pitying his beloved char. probably remnants from my WoW days (yes, i used to play it /cringe) or something but it gets soooo far under my skin when someone cant even muster a thanks and instead come here with questions but these questions are merely to get people to re-affirm there beliefs and ***** when people provide information against said beliefs.

nothing against him personally, just the form of his posts are really bad imo. ill restrain myself to just not replying when his post structures are similar from now on, or try to ignore its context at least.

ill leave with this...strykers good :p

Like whaaaat??

And you say I "can't muster a thanks? I even wrote "Thanks a lot! I'll check them out!" in this thread.

I think you haven't even played with Stryker Online, and yet you state that Stryker is perfectly good. THAT'S the stuff that gets under MY skin. People who assume things they don't know anything about.

Stryker has weaknesses. For an example he don't have any combo starter special moves (such as Spear or Net, or Force Lift).
No character has harder to pull off combo starters than Stryker. Opponents rarely allow you to get close and do a Back 1,2,2 combo starter.
His combo's are unreliable as they require lots of timing and positioning (punch hitting and gun shooting a fallen opponent is not always easy online). Other characters have combo's so easy I can pull them off with my eyes closed, only by listening to the sound.
And he doesn't have strong combo's (or those that he potentially have are so damn unreliable to pull off, that they will stay in Training mode). Again this is why I want to see Pro Stryker videos. To see if anyone else is able to pull out above 35% combo's with Stryker, Online. I can only manage about 30% on a lucky day.

Stryker definitely needs a helping hand. There is NO REASON why he should not be as good as the top 10 most used characters.

Seriously? another stryker thread man?

Excuse me.

Did I do something illegal, by asking if someone knew about tournament Stryker videos?? I'm interested in learning more about him.

Is Stryker not like one of the least used and least discussed characters in this forum section?

Just checked out all the Stryker video's on frame advantage... There was one that was ok, but nothing to learn from. The rest was bad.

Are there really NO pro Stryker videos out there. Is he an abandoned character? :,(

EDIT: If that's the case, then I really don't care what people try to convince me that he is not weak. If NOBODY uses such cool character, ONLY because they don't like to play with him, but claim that it has nothing to do with his abilities, that I don't believe.

I use him, unfortunately online is utter garbage right now so I can't show you any footage of me wrecking house. Once online gets fixed, I'll try and upload some vids to show you how much of a beast stryker is, even online where your combos drop like mad. :)

/sigh, i have said more hten once that i do not play stryker, ive said more then once that yes he does have weaknesses (as he and every character should)

his combos are not the hardest even if they are hard they are not the hardest.

kano doesnt have a combo starter that you listed either, got to top 4 in CEO too, there are other chars that do not have a combo starter, this doesnt mean hes overly weak, its how hes designed it wasnt an oversight.

many characters advanced combos require very precise timing on fall height, input speed, etc, stryker is just one of those.

30% isnt bad, its not overly strong, but it isnt bad by any means. 33% is about the required norm for the following reasons. 3x33% equals 99% of the players hp. now, given most games especially with pros the game is far more hten just combos. which means 2-3 of strykers bnb's over the course of a match will result in game point for stryker, same as with most chars. id say 40% is the very top it should be for rushdown style chars like lui kang or cage. if it will make you feel better ill go into training mode and practice his bnb's and ill give my feelings on how difficult they are.

i agree there is no reason he shouldnt be as good as the generally agreed upon top ten (which i dont think anyones truly agreed upon yet but i digress) but he also has no reason he SHOULD be as good as the generally agreed upon top ten. now idealy all characters would be equal tho thats nearly impossible to achieve in a game like this. i stand by my opinion that stryker is not as bad as you think. does he need help? possibly, tho i hesitate to think he needs help in the ways you describe. especially in the nature of combo starters. id say work on your rushdown, things like dashblocking, timed jumpins around projectiles etc, its how any char without a tele does it, and 2 of my main 4 i use dont have teleports, its a perfectly viable strategy.

and my comments about not being thankful was more towards your reaction when people try to provide you what your looking for. it just seemed kinda ungrateful to go (meh, all these videos sucked, this is proof stryker sucks). my opinion at least.

Good fighting to you sir, may you place many fatalities upon the heads of your foes.

edit: also i dont know if youve checked it but there is a stryker guide stickied up top, while it isnt hte most complete guide, there is a link in that thread by vulcan hades to testyourmight.com where his(her? i never check the profiles lol) which is much more indepth. keep in mind resets as far as i understand are unintended mechanics allowing you to do more damage then you are supposed to do, and frame traps are a fairly advanced gameplay tactic sometimes requiring awkward input timings and such. basically im saying they can be quite difficult to do depending on the char

Last edited:
Excuse me.

Did I do something illegal, by asking if someone knew about tournament Stryker videos?? I'm interested in learning more about him.

Is Stryker not like one of the least used and least discussed characters in this forum section?

Just not sure why you had to start another thread on him, could have just edited the other post and put that in there.