Official TRMK Tier Rankings: YOU Vote!

Scorpion is mid tier. People who say he's a bad character don't know anything about high level play. They say Scorpion is bad because they only play scrubs online who spam spear and teleport.

He has a hundred different ways to get you in his vortex and once you're stuck there you have to guess. Sure, if you guess right you might get a combo. But guess wrong and Scorpion gets a combo that sends you back in the same guessing game.

Every throw or projectile trade guarantees him a free hell fire. And with meter he can just pressure safely and counter zone.

His only weakness is his wake up. But he goes 5-5 vs almost everyone. So there's no way he's low tier.

Hmm, I'd class myself as intermediate, people are more aware of what some fighters can do than me so i'll contribute my opinion on some tiers but no ratings

I agree with Vulcan completely on scorpion, he just happens to be a popular choice among new players

High Tier - Mileena, Smoke, Cyrax, Kitana, Shang Tsung, Kung Lao, Liu Kang, Freddy, Sindel, Nightwolf, Skarlet, Raiden

Mid - Scorpion, Sub Zero, Quan Chi, Noob, Rain, Kabal, Ermac, Sektor, Johnny Cage, Stryker, Kano

Low - Jade (as much as I love her), Sheeva, Jax, Sonya, Cyber-Sub Zero, Kenshi, Reptile, Baraka, Kratos

I'm sure other peoples experience will disagree with me, but this is roughly how i'd characterise them, my main 2 are Kitana and Rain, maybe my thoughts are swayed by my own experiences

Hmm, I'd class myself as intermediate, people are more aware of what some fighters can do than me so i'll contribute my opinion on some tiers but no ratings

I agree with Vulcan completely on scorpion, he just happens to be a popular choice among new players

High Tier - Mileena, Smoke, Cyrax, Kitana, Shang Tsung, Kung Lao, Liu Kang, Freddy, Sindel, Nightwolf, Skarlet, Raiden

Mid - Scorpion, Sub Zero, Quan Chi, Noob, Rain, Kabal, Ermac, Sektor, Johnny Cage, Stryker, Kano

Low - Jade (as much as I love her), Sheeva, Jax, Sonya, Cyber-Sub Zero, Kenshi, Reptile, Baraka, Kratos

I'm sure other peoples experience will disagree with me, but this is roughly how i'd characterise them, my main 2 are Kitana and Rain, maybe my thoughts are swayed by my own experiences

oh man... I can tell you need more experience lol. Smoke, sindel, and Shang Tsung are not high tier.

Play my Jade sometime. I might change your mind. also.. Reptile... has made atleast top 8 at like every major tournament lately. he's definitely high tier.

oh man... I can tell you need more experience lol. Smoke, sindel, and Shang Tsung are not high tier.

Play my Jade sometime. I might change your mind. also.. Reptile... has made atleast top 8 at like every major tournament lately. he's definitely high tier.

Its just my own experiences. I've not really paid any attention to Tournaments, but that's why I didn't rate, in terms of an official tier list, I know I don't know what I'm talking about lol

I don't think i've come across a strong reptile player yet, that's why I put him low, I'm not familiar with a lot of his combo's. I was actually planning to make him my main before the game came out, I can't remember why I never learnt to play as him properly. I've been thoroughly wooped by Shang Tsung and Sindel online. Hence my naivity lol

reptile is HIGH , sindel is LOW

Scorpion-5.5
Smoke-9 for begginers 6 for pros
Ermac-9 if you dont spam or noob with him
Noob-2
Baraka-8.9
Reptile-7/8
Rain-10 hes a well balanced player
Sub Zero-8
cYBER sUB-9
Kung Lao-10 see rain
Liu Kang-7
Johnny Cage-6 for begginers 9 for pros
Sindel-Not sure never fought her/never played as her
Kitana-9/10
Night Wolf- 1 for begginers 8/9 for pros
Millena-6
Jade-2
Cyrax-9/10
Sektor-1.5
Sonya- 7.5
Jax-5
Kano- 0 for begginers 10.5 for pros
Stryker- 8
Sang Tsung- 8
Kabal-8.5
Raiden-4
Quan Chi-11
Sheeva-2
Skarllet-11
Kenshi-9
Freddy-4

quan is just a very complicated and powerfull character in my opionion
too stacked in my mind
along with kung lao and noob (for spammers and noob)

In every post you talk about noobs and spammers, what about the good player? The ones who actually force you to learn the match vs going off basic knowledg.

Not saying that Quan is garbage, but the only thing he has good is the rune trap and his Mixing game. His wake ups suck and almost everyone on the roster can out zone him.

I said noob is a spammer character
and I said, i beleive Quan Chi is the most complicated character to use and it takes skill, same with skarlett and good kung lao players
but i see how you misinterpeteated my oppinion. But i still think that Quan Chi, Kung Lao and Skarlett are stacked players, which im cool with because stacked players are always the hardest to master.
But for noob, ive played in tournys and online and ive never seen a skilled (Noob Saibot) player. I just havent, every body slides, up shadows, teleports and it can become a pain to defeat him. Also i believe i mentioned noobs and spammers in the Smoke lobby only (not counting this one) and I was talking about what good smoke players usually do, but alot of people have different ways they use characters, so its hard to sometimes place what a good player plans to do (so I dont talk about the pros as much)

Last edited:
I said noob is a spammer character
and I said, i beleive Quan Chi is the most complicated character to use and it takes skill, same with skarlett and good kung lao players
but i see how you misinterpeteated my oppinion. But i still think that Quan Chi, Kung Lao and Skarlett are stacked players, which im cool with because stacked players are always the hardest to master.
But for noob, ive played in tournys and online and ive never seen a skilled (Noob Saibot) player. I just havent, every body slides, up shadows, teleports and it can become a pain to defeat him. Also i believe i mentioned noobs and spammers in the Smoke lobby only (not counting this one) and I was talking about what good smoke players usually do, but alot of people have different ways they use characters, so its hard to sometimes place what a good player plans to do (so I dont talk about the pros as much)

while the finger work isn't hard, you still have to think 3-4 steps ahead of your opponent with noob to beat them. He may use his strong tools alot, but it just so happens its his zoning tools.

For instance Kung lao relies on spin on anti air, and his lows and quick strings to land combos. (Occasionally using his overhead to condition) He has a cycle he goes through just like Noob saibot does, Kung lao is just flashier.

Starting to believe Noob saibot will never get the respect he deserves from this community.

Scorpion-5.5
Smoke-9 for begginers 6 for pros
Ermac-9 if you dont spam or noob with him
Noob-2
Baraka-8.9
Reptile-7/8
Rain-10 hes a well balanced player
Sub Zero-8
cYBER sUB-9
Kung Lao-10 see rain
Liu Kang-7
Johnny Cage-6 for begginers 9 for pros
Sindel-Not sure never fought her/never played as her
Kitana-9/10
Night Wolf- 1 for begginers 8/9 for pros
Millena-6
Jade-2
Cyrax-9/10
Sektor-1.5
Sonya- 7.5
Jax-5
Kano- 0 for begginers 10.5 for pros
Stryker- 8
Sang Tsung- 8
Kabal-8.5
Raiden-4
Quan Chi-11
Sheeva-2
Skarllet-11
Kenshi-9
Freddy-4

Raiden a 2? Sorry but what have you been smoking every time I see a decent player on KOTH play Raiden they're practically unbeatable (until another decent player uses Raiden to copy them or another extremely high tier character like Cyrax) with easy to pull off 30-40% midscreens hard to punish teleports.

Good tier - Liu Kang / Kung Lao / Ermac / Jade / mileena / Cyrax / Sektor / Sonya / Raiden
Normal tier - Scorpion / Sub-Zero / Reptile / Kitana / Johnny Cage / Nightwolf / Smoke / Kano / Kabal / Cyber Sub-Zero / Sheeva / Quan Chi
Bad tier - Sindel / Jax / Stryker / Shang Tsung / Noob

Sonya is an pretty good character. Easy to play with / Free achievement etc. etc.
Although - Scorpion is too slow for the good tier and Sub-Zero is not the best to play with. I was thinking to do Smoke / CSZ and QC in the bad tier. But I`ve played with Smoke - he actually showed me he has skills.
CSZ is somewhat equal to Sub-Zero - but Sub-Zero has better tricks - is faster but is slightly less powerful than CSZ. That is the only reason why CSZ is in the mid-tier.
I hate Quan Chi. Noob`s spam with it and can`t play without their moves. Although - QC has good / easy and powerful combo`s. And his fatality is pretty awesome.

Sindel in the bad tier because she has no skills.
Jax & Shang Tsung are too slow and Stryker only spams.
Noob because he can`t do ANYTHING but spamming.

Raiden a 2? Sorry but what have you been smoking every time I see a decent player on KOTH play Raiden they're practically unbeatable (until another decent player uses Raiden to copy them or another extremely high tier character like Cyrax) with easy to pull off 30-40% midscreens hard to punish teleports.

Half the time I see Raiden players they either bots or spammers (not saying that there isnt some freaking amazing Raiden players out there, just that they are so rare to come by, same thing with noob (when someone picks him, u say oh **** he gonna spam) when ever I seen Raiden they do electricy push fly move ( I never lose to raiden spammers) just that I find no one plays skillfully with him. Also I said he was a 4

while the finger work isn't hard, you still have to think 3-4 steps ahead of your opponent with noob to beat them. He may use his strong tools alot, but it just so happens its his zoning tools.

For instance Kung lao relies on spin on anti air, and his lows and quick strings to land combos. (Occasionally using his overhead to condition) He has a cycle he goes through just like Noob saibot does, Kung lao is just flashier.

Starting to believe Noob saibot will never get the respect he deserves from this community.

If i see a Noob player just once actualy punch or kick me, i will start to respect him, just that right now i only see him teleport, or shadow slide moves.