Missed opportunities

D1A1

I personally enjoyed this game, but as the topic title says, so much more could have been done with it.

For starters, there should have been a lot more "freaks", such as Goro, Killer Kroc, Reptile, Clayface, just to name a few. And speaking of Goro, i do remember Midway making a big deal about the inclusion of iconic characters, but, surprise surprise, they conveniently (and predictably) left out any characters with more than two arms or legs. Though if they did include him, the story mode would likely see him lose to the likes of Batman or Liu Kang anyway. Or he wouldn't be involved at all.

Why didn't the Joker have a Smilex fatality, instead of that Reiko-lite fatality with the cards?

I do have a few more gripes with the game, but I may post them another time. Anyone else feel there were missed opportunities? And if so, what were they according to you?

Ummm, are you talking about MKvDC? Dude, go get a real MK game. It is Mortal Kombat 9 or Mortal Kombat 2011. Go buy it. You'll almost neve play MKvDC again.

Ummm, are you talking about MKvDC? Dude, go get a real MK game. It is Mortal Kombat 9 or Mortal Kombat 2011. Go buy it. You'll almost neve play MKvDC again.

It's like people have forgotten that there's more than one forum...yeah it's in the MKvDC Threads, so it's going to be about MKvDC.

In reply to the topic, I think it would have taken more time and creativity for things like that to have formed. It was a quick game, something done for it's quirkiness, so it couldn't have come out that well.

I've had the latest game since it's release. Enjoying it as well as MK vs DCU. It's not like I can't like both games.

Back to topic, another gripe i have with the game is the lack of alternate costumes. No Dark Knight or 1989 Joker, no 1989 Batman suit nor one based on the Adam West show, and so on.

Last edited:
Back to topic, another gripe i have with the game is the lack of alternate costumes. No Dark Knight or 1989 Joker, no 1989 Batman suit nor one based on the Adam West show, and so on.

I think Midway was trying to rush the game through the door due to time/budget restraints. They were struggling at the time, hence no DLC as originally planned.