MK9 Characters You Wish Will and Will Not Return In MK10?

Dead:

- Liu Kang
- Nightwolf
- Cyber Sub Zero
- Jade
- Kitana
- Sindel
- Kabal
- Jax
- Shang Tsung
- Stryker
- Shao Khan
- Smoke
- Kung Lao
- Noob Saibot

They died in the story I don't think it'd be cool if they came back. But remember MK10 is going to deal alot more with Quan Chi, Shinnok, and the Netherealm(hell). So there still might be a chance some of these guys might return considering most are in hell by the end of MK9. Who knows...

Return to MK10:

Kano

They better not take my baby away from me.

im not trying to be an @ss, but im going to say this. why does almost everyone here want EVERY character from mk9 to be in mk10?? that not going to happen!!! theyre not going to release the exact same game twice. i didnt make this thread but i know the purpose of it. its so we will pick SOME of the characters from mk9 that we want in mk10, not all of them. and also to make the hard choices of who we dont want to be in mk10 like NRS WILL do.

ok we know scorp n sub are in.
i know quan chi will be in it because of the story.
raiden will probably be in also because of the story.. same with johnny cage and sonya.
i dont want too many ninjas, but im hoping for ermac.
i hope noob returns too.

ok, i think shao kahn wont return, which makes shang tsung probably not returning and also reptile, baraka (hope he does return) and sindel might not return in a game without kahn.
please no nightwolf, stryker or sheeva.

im not trying to be an @ss, but im going to say this. why does almost everyone here want EVERY character from mk9 to be in mk10?? that not going to happen!!! theyre not going to release the exact same game twice. i didnt make this thread but i know the purpose of it. its so we will pick SOME of the characters from mk9 that we want in mk10, not all of them. and also to make the hard choices of who we dont want to be in mk10 like NRS WILL do.

ok we know scorp n sub are in.
i know quan chi will be in it because of the story.
raiden will probably be in also because of the story.. same with johnny cage and sonya.
i dont want too many ninjas, but im hoping for ermac.
i hope noob returns too.

ok, i think shao kahn wont return, which makes shang tsung probably not returning and also reptile, baraka (hope he does return) and sindel might not return in a game without kahn.
please no nightwolf, stryker or sheeva.

Wait a sec nightwolf and stryker were awesome! I want zombie liu kang 2

This is the first MK game I've ever really gotten into so all these characters will be classic to me. Plus I'm a packrat so I'd be sorry to see any of them go (even though I know that's not realistic). Except Shao Kahn. I hate that guy and his stupid three in a row hammers that take like 90% of your life away.

Do want:
Smoke (Human)
Cyrax
Jade
Human Sub-Zero
Skarlet (Non DLC)
Kenshi (Non DLC)
Noob Saibot

Do NOT Want:
Raiden (As in, unplayable)
Cyber Sub-Zero
Nightwolf
Shao Kahn (SERIOUSLY)

I simply don't want MK10 any time soon. Just keep adding DLC to this game in terms of characters and additional story modes. It will be more efficient and more profitable for NRS.

In this fashion you can use all the characters in Arcade and Online...but keep getting additional bits of story.

SooooOOOOOooooOOOoo many people are hating on Sindel and not wanting her to return. I don't see the reason in that.
She could be ressurected and take order back into Edenia as Queen. Returning should be all the survivors (evil and the only three good, which i find funny lol) and the newer characters. I agree with that other guy, if they flesh out the MK4 characters with this gameplay it'd be awesome. I'd like to play a newer MK4 since I never played it.

NRS, we want motaro!!!! and no killing him off and no other excuses!!!

and it would be cool to have about 5 new characters. (not counting bosses or hidden characters or future DLC)

oh and if the x-ray meter returns i want each character like in a tag match, to use their own meter. like for example if your kano and cyrax and you do your x-ray with kano the you change to cyrax, he should still have his x-ray or however close to it he had before you swiched characters.

Last edited:
Do Want:
1. Elder Sub-Zero- (When Nightwolf knocked him into the Soulnado, I think that his soul split from Noob's, and that he will fill in the missing spot for a human Sub-Zero; I always preferred Bi-Han to Kuai Liang)
2. Cyber Sub-Zero- (I want him to stay a cyborg)
3. Noob Saibot- (I want his antagonistic role to be enlarged, and for him to become a seperate entity from the Elder Sub-Zero)
4. Kitana
5. Jade
6. Sindel
7. Ermac
8. Kabal
9. Stryker
10. Nightwolf

Do NOT Want:
Jax- (Only because him being in the game made Sonya kinda one-dimensional, as Sonya was only concerned about Jax in the story and vice versa, and him staying dead would turn Sonya into a more of a brooding heroine)

Kung Lao- (I think they should just give him a break for a little bit)

Giving it 32 characters, this is what I would like the roster to be(also im assuming the next game covers mk4, DA, and D era):
Sub-Zero(maskless form)
Scoprion
Reptile
Raiden
Kitana
Jade
Tanya
Skarlett
Sonya
Jax
Reiko
Fujin
Havik
Kung Lao (or Tremor if doesnt survive)
Lui Kang (or Mileena if doesnt survive)
Stryker
Rain
Ermac
Hotaru(Im on of the few that liked him)
Frost
Li Mei
Movado
Johnny Cage
Kano
Shang Tsung
Quan Chi
Shinnok
Bo Rai Cho
Kenshi
Nitara
New Character (or Shujinko if they can rework him)
New Character

Do NOT Want:
Jax- (Only because him being in the game made Sonya kinda one-dimensional, as Sonya was only concerned about Jax in the story and vice versa, and him staying dead would turn Sonya into a more of a brooding heroine)

i wouldnt mind that at all. i would also like a mk game with just jax and not sonya. it seems like they both always gotta be in the game.

I think that if they do bring back all the characters that died in the story mode. (which they will) that they should at least put some point in the next story mode about how they all came back to life and everything.....because i have seen sindel die to much and then she is just magically back??? i just want to know how they keep coming back for a new adventure....i am fine with most the character i just want them to explain how they are coming back to life......something interesting and original please!!!

Kitana, Jade, and Sindel must at least come back even as DLC. In fact, most of the characters that died should return only as DLC for those who really want to play as those characters. It would only make sense. ;-)