MK9 Characters You Wish Will and Will Not Return In MK10?

REPTILE 0009

What characters from MK9 do you want to return to the MK10 cast, and what characters you don't want to return to the MK10 cast?
Characters I want to return:
-Mileena (Duh)
-Reptile
-Kano
-Jade

Characters I don't want to return:
-Scorpion
-Sub-Zero
(I know this will never happen, but wishful thinking, right?)

Return:
- Noob
- Smoke
- C. Subby
- Stryker
- Kitana
- Jade

Not Return:
- Liu Kang
- Raiden
(I can't see this happening. But I'm getting tired of them)

They'd be making a mistake if they cut anyone from this game, they should all move forward, they should only add new characters, not remove old ones.

With that said, the only character that I can think of that the majority of the MK community wouldn't miss would be Sheeva. She is quite a forgettable character for the most part.

Characters that lived should return. The one's that should get resurrected and return should be Noob, Kung Lao, and everyone who died by Sindel. Liu Kang, Stryker, Sindel, Shang Tsung, Kintaro (forgot if he died or not) and Shao Kahn should stay dead.

:) I kinda have a rough draft of what the next game could be about. Wrote it cause I was bored.

I'll probably post this somewhere more proper later...
Spoiler:
After the recovery of the realms Raiden Sonya Johnny and Kenshi (who suddenly appears) learn that Quan chi and shinnok are about to attack With the fallen heroes from the first game And a resurrected Noob. (Scorpion and Skarlet are Quan Chi's personal enforcers)

Raiden warns Bo Rai Cho. and Bo Rai Cho travels to Outworld To recruit allies, but with no luck he only recruits Li Mei.

Quan chi and shinnok make a deal with Reiko (Who was left in charge of outworld Under shao kahn’s secret wishes) to join them in the attack to conquer earth realm and that Reiko can enslave any warrior who falls in battle. But plan to betray him in the end to take control over outworld as well.

Quan chi then calls upon his spy Tanya to become shinnok’s body guard incase the heroes try to attack him.

Later on a bunch of stuff goes on to explain the new character’s (MK4-MKD) storyline. along with a few recruitment meetings and battles.

The war is close to breaking lose, and both Shinnok and Quan Chi realize their army was weakened because sektor had killed cyrax after he deflected to earth realm, and that sheeva was slain in one of the earlier battles. Kitana, Jade, Kung Lao, Sub-zero, smoke, jax kabal and nightwolf were slain by Ashrah as payment to Raiden after he cleansed her soul so that they can join the forces of light (Liu Kang, Sindel, and Stryker aren't because for reason's that get explained in MK11). Quan Chi then pays Havik to forge an army between the chaos realm and the nether realm.

Finally the invasion breaks lose. Goro dies in battle as well as kabal (AGAIN) and ermac finds out he’s king Jerrod and joins earth realm to fight along kitana. Towards the end when it looks like the good guys won, Quan Chi kills Reiko, and takes Baraka, Reptile, Mileena, Sektor, and Rain under his rule and finds a way to merge outworld and the netherealm. And shinnok is killed by the elder gods for breaking the rules of mortal kombat, same as shao kahn. Tanya flees and join's Quan Chi.

The last scene would have Quan Chi and Onaga(??) joining an alliance to destroy all the realms and blah blah blah. Before the scene ends, It's revealed that Quan Chi wants to have total control of the realms and plans to betray Onaga.

So in this reboot, Quan Chi would be the new Shao Kahn, just more tactical, sneaky, and devious.

Survived MK10: Scorpion, Noob, Smoke, CSZ, Havik, Johnny Cage, Kung Lao, Sonya, Baraka, Ermac, Kenshi, Kitana, Jade, Ashrah, BRC, Li Mei, Sektor, Rain, Nightwolf, Tanya, Kano, Skarlet, Mileena, Jax, Reptile, Quan Chi, and Raiden
Died in MK10: Goro, Kabal, Sheeva, Cyrax, Reiko, and Shinnok

I also think that this should be made into a Trilogy... like Halo and Gears of War...

2e0ihk4.png

Playable Roster. Except Goro, he's just to show that he's there.

Last edited:
Only half (if even that) of the roster needs to return for the next game. The original Trilogy had its chance with this game, just as the fans wanted. We really don't need the likes of Sheeva, Sindel, Nightwolf and Stryker in the next game.

The other half of MK's history and story deserves to get the same sort of treatment and reinvention as the initial Trilogy. No one should have any complaints about it, because it will follow the same game play and cosmetics as the current game.

Kitana, jade, Kabal, and cyber sub are the only ones that need to return for me. I'd like everyone else to return though.

- Quan Chi (obviously)
- Shang Tsung
- Johnny Cage
- Sonya Blade
- Raiden (he has to for the story, but I wouldn't mind if they killed him off and replaced him with Fujin in the future)
- Baraka
- Ermac (but as a good guy - see his ladder ending)
- Cyber Sub Zero (no point in introducing a new character only to write him off immediately)
- Human Smoke (same reason as Cyber Sub)
- Reptile
- Jade
- Mileena
- Cyrax
- Sektor
- Scorpion (well he's one of Quan Chi's top agents, so it would only make sense for him to return. He could find out the truth and seek vengeance on Quan Chi too)

- Noob Saibot
- Shao Khan
- Sindel
- Nightwolf
The first four were VERY definitely killed off, it wouldn't make sense to bring them back. All the others can get resurrected or whatever, but these shouldn't even EXIST anymore (Noob can come back as Sub Zero though).

Kano, Stryker, Kabal and Sheeva, I could care less. Sub Zero... only if his return would make sense, otherwise I'm okay with him being replaced by Frost as long as she gets most of his moves. Preferably Bi-Han becomes Sub Zero again. Jax, Kitana and Liu Kang, again only as long as it makes sense for them to return. Kung Lao I don't really care about as long as they don't make him so absurdly overpowered again.

noob couldve survived in all honesty, his capabilities are not fully known as he like scorpion are not fully alive or dead.

tho, this is because i love noob :p

as for subby, well, we do have csz now

The ones that died but should return in the next MK as playables in some form.
1. JADE
2. KITANA
3. SINDEL
4. Kung Lao
5. Liu Kang
6. Smoke
7. Any of the Sub-Zeros
8. Stryker

Others who should return in MK10.
1. Skarlet
2. Mileena
4. Sonya (obviously)
5. Johnny Cage (obviously)
6. Raiden (For sure)
7. Scorpion (For sure)
8. Quan Chi (It would only make sense.)
And others who survived in story mode.

Characters I wouldn't want to return:
Well, I don't have any characters from MK9 that I really don't want to return but I don't ever want to see Meat, Hotaru, Dairou, Kobra, and Mokap again as playable characters anymore!!!! I don't mind them being in a game especially if we can defeat them and kill them with fatalities. They just shouldn't be in any roster anymore.

Only half (if even that) of the roster needs to return for the next game. The original Trilogy had its chance with this game, just as the fans wanted. We really don't need the likes of Sheeva, Sindel, Nightwolf and Stryker in the next game.

The other half of MK's history and story deserves to get the same sort of treatment and reinvention as the initial Trilogy. No one should have any complaints about it, because it will follow the same game play and cosmetics as the current game.

As much as I hate almost everything you post, I 100% agree with this.

The post UMK3 characters were very rushed.
They had no time to flesh them out at all.

With the freedom of WB, they'll make these losers into titans!

noob couldve survived in all honesty, his capabilities are not fully known as he like scorpion are not fully alive or dead.
As I see it, when the soulnado exploded all of the souls were freed. Bi-Han's soul should have been freed as well. Perhaps Noob CAN surive without Bi-Han though, but he'd have to be reworked. He shouldn't have a solid form anymore. More likely, the wraith got destroyed in the soulnado and is no more. Not that I hate Noob or anything, but it just wouldn't make sense if he returned (imo).

-All the ninjas (included Chameleon/Rain/human Sub/human Smoke)
-Cage
-Kung Lao
-Raiden
-Stryker (with complete swat uniform helmet/goggles etc...)
-Cyrax/Sektor
-Sonya

-Liu Kang (Only as bad or neutral character with new design i would like to see him again , something like Rain from ninja assassin would be great)
-Sheeva
-Shao Kahn/Shang Tsung/Quan Chi/Goro/Kintaro (best MK villains but i prefer to see new enemies at MK10 but again not like the enemies of MKDA/MKD/MKA)
-Baraka (he already was in MKvsDC and MK9)
-Nightwolf (Good character but don't use him a lot, maybe with a new design)

And characters I want more to return from MK4/DA/D/A:
-Reiko
-Kenshi
-Frost
-Fujin