MK9 Characters You Wish Will and Will Not Return In MK10?

Scorpion, Raiden, Cage, A...new Sub Zero? Sonya, Mileena, Rain, Kenshi, Liu Kang, Quan Chi, Shang Tsung, Ermac, Goro, Kintaro, Another reincarnation of Kung Lao, Kano, Reptile. (The characters I did not mention are the ones that died in story mode, save for Liu Kang) I also want them to add Shinnok, Reiko, Frost, Fujin, and Tanya. Reiko, Frost and Tanya should be made DLCs because Shinnok is part of the story and Fujin could become a big part of it, depending on what Netherrealm Studios wants to do.

I feel like they all will have to return, or else everyone is gonna hate it. But here is my list.

Either Kang or Lao: But not as good guys. Aligned with the netherrealm.
Noob Saibot: But only as Saibot. The noob part is gone.
Johnny Cage: He was alive at the end of the story
Sonya: Alive at the end of story
Raiden: Alive at the end of story, would be neat to see a power struggle between him and Fujin.
Quan Chi: He was at the end with Shinnok.
Cyber Smoke: I could see it happening, maybe smoke didn't die or the Lin kuei revived him.
Scorpion: almost has to. Would say the same for Sub too.
Kenshi: didn't want to include the Dlc, but he's awesome.
Ermac

Iffy on Reptile.

All I can think of now. I don't remember who all died and didn't, not like death matters in mk.

The ones that died were Smoke, Jax, Kitana, Jade, Stryker, Kabal, Nightwolf, Sindel, Shang Tsung, Noob Saibot, Sub Zero, Motaro, Kung Lao, Shao Kahn. Liu Kang was pressumed dead but he was teleported off at the end with Raiden, Sonya and Cage, so he may yet still be a part of the story. The Lin Kuei could not have revived Smoke, because his soul was taken by Quan Chi.

I'd like to see a cyber scorpion or Chameleon. One big change to mess up the power of Outworld...... Bring back the centaur version of Motaro.

Characters i think will return:
Scorpion
Sub Zero
Raiden
Liu Kang (zombie liu kang?)
Jax
Sonya Blade
Johnny cage
Quan Chi
Stryker
Kabal
Ermac
Mileena
Kintaro
Smoke
Cyrax
Sektor
Baraka
Sheeva

My list is bizarre lol.

Characters i think won't return:
Kung Lao
Kano
Nightwolf
Jade
Kitana
Noob Saibot
Shang Tsung
Shao Kahn
Goro

Personally besides Liu Kang. I would not want any of the dead characters returning in MK10, especially in the story mode. Sub Zero and Smoke can be unlockables since they are iconic characters.

Its time for post mk3 characters to take their place and shine. :cool:

Liu kang . I find his character is so0o0o0o0o0o boring.
Liu Kang's character is how a perfect hero and champion should be. Whether people like it or not, most games need such a character. With that said Liu Kang has been one of my favorite characters since Mk1 since he is based on Bruce Lee and most of all because he was the recurring champion of MK.

Scorpion, Liu Kang, Sub Zero, Sindel, Kitana, Reptile, Ermac, Johnny Cage, Mileena, Nightwolf, Smoke, Cyrax, Sektor, Sonya, Kano, Shang Tsung, Kabal, Baraka, Stryker, and Raiden

I want every character in MK9 to return in MK10, ((Excluding the guest characters they can go bite the ice)). As for the entire you can't bring 'em back they died in the story arguement. Have them come out in the story as mindless apparaitions with their regular character present for arcade/ vs mode. Trilogy had Classic Sub with Noob Saibot still around, Robot Smoke with Human Smoke. and MK9 has Cyber Sub with regular Sub-Zero. I see no harm in expanding the roster, but I wouldn't like to see any of the klassic characters cropped out of it.

Only characters that might not come back are (due to story mode) Sang tsung and Noob and Liu Kang. They all died in the story. Noob if he comes back will be drastically changed before he is the one thing I hate about mk9.

For MK10

WANT:

human Sub-Zero
Scorpion
Liu Kang
Sonya
Kano
Johnny Cage
Raiden
Nightwolf
Shang Tsung
Kabal
Tremor

DO NOT WANT:

Frost = Sub Zero copy-cat
Jarek = Kano copy-cat
Mavado = Kabal wannabe
Kobra = Ken (SF) wannabe
Kai = Liu Kang wannabe

How is Kai a "Liu Kang wannabe"? Because they're both Shaolin monks and use fire?
Can't agree with that

We'll agree to disagree, then. ;)

If Frost, Jarek, Mavado, Kobra or Kai never came back, I wouldn't care 1 bit.
NRS needs to come up with better characters for MK10.

I'd rather them just revamp the characters we already have, but in all honesty, just a couple of new characters would be nice

I'd rather them just revamp the characters we already have, but in all honesty, just a couple of new characters would be nice

Chances are pretty high that if NRS killed 14 out of 27 characters, then that means that there will probably be more than a couple new characters in the next game.

My guess is 9 or 10 post MK3 characters, and 4 or 5 NEW characters.

To return
- Scorpion
- Sub-Zero (as human again)
- Reptile
- Smoke (this time a cyborg again. But with enenra powers)
- Johnny Cage
- Sonya
- Noob Saibot
- Ermac
- Rain
- Tremor
- Cyrax
- Sektor
- Liu Kang (scarred)
- Kitana
- Mileena
- Skarlet
- Jade
- Raiden
- Baraka
- Sheeva
- Quan Chi
- Motaro

Not to return:
- Sindel
- Stryker
- Kabal
- Nightwolf
- Shang Tsung
- Kano
- Kung Lao
- Jax

- Nightwolf
- Shang Tsung

Those 2 are on my MK9 rotation, along with Human Sub-Zero and Rain.

If MK10 didn't have human Sub-Zero, Nightwolf, Shang Tsung or Rain (which is possible because SZ, Nightwolf and Shang Tsung are dead), then I may just pick it up when it goes down in price.
Doesn't make sense to waste money on a brand new game that doesn't even have any of the people that I use in it.
For that, I'd just get it used.