Official MK9 Xbox 360 D-Pad Solution Thread

evil d-pad

Hey guys anyone have the urge to destroy their xbox controller in a fiery explosion!!!!
its soul destroying haha :twisted:

Re: evil d-pad

hahahaha... i agree. the D-Pad on the 360 is HORRIBLE for this game. They sell a xbox controller where the d-pad rotates and so its just the "+" instead of having the O in the background. I was thinking about picking it up to test it out, but i just haven't gotten the chance yet.

Hey guys anyone have the urge to destroy their xbox controller in a fiery explosion!!!!
its soul destroying haha :twisted:

xbox360 DPAD is the worst ive ever had for a Fighting Game... :/ i just bought StreetFighter Fightpad and a PDP Marvel Fightpad. They are both very good, but the Marvel is better for Streetfighter, MK feels just better on a good DPAD imho.

yeah its pretty bad, i had actually purchased one of the special silver 360 controllers with the improved dpad but the dpad just randomly snapped off the other day :(

yeah forgot to mention i blew 50 euros on dat piece of dirt new xbox d pad broken after 2 weeks any recommendations on wot i should get ?? much apprieciated

Yeah. The 360 controller isn't bad at all, but the D-Pad is horrible for MK In my opinion. Fortunately for me I have a third party controller that I think has a much better D-Pad.

yep, the D-Pad on XboX 360 make me look like a Newbie-Scrub while playing, I hate that shit !! XD XD XD XD

I like the 360 controller for lots of games but MK isn't one. I picked up this PDP controller:

http://www.pdp.com/p-1011-versus-controller-for-xbox-360.aspx

I think it's like the marvel one they were selling at gamestop, except plain black. Works pretty good for me. I really like the positive click you get in all 8 directions. Also like that it's small and light.

Possible detractors would be that the cord is short (std?), start and select buttons are on top, and there's no selector for LS/RS/D-Pad like on other fightpads.

I've got the new silver rotating d-pad controller about a month and a half ago and it's still working fine and it's A LOT better than the regular controller. No problem for me.

hahahaha... i agree. the D-Pad on the 360 is HORRIBLE for this game. They sell a xbox controller where the d-pad rotates and so its just the "+" instead of having the O in the background. I was thinking about picking it up to test it out, but i just haven't gotten the chance yet.

I bought that with the game. Thing is, I play better with the D-PAD set at the normal position. I've gotten really used to, and can't for the life of me use arcade sticks or controller analog sticks. I've always been a D-Pad whore.

I bought that with the game. Thing is, I play better with the D-PAD set at the normal position. I've gotten really used to, and can't for the life of me use arcade sticks or controller analog sticks. I've always been a D-Pad whore.

I have the arcade stick and its been so long since i've actually used one of those i completely suck. I think i'm going to keep practicing with it to get better. But I just might have to go pick up that silver controller because the D-Pad is horrible on the 360. I love the controller, i just wish the D-Pad was more like PS3.

my dpad popped off my silver controller also. but i loved it so much i went out and bought another one!

I'm not use to playing with a ps3 controller so for me, I don't really have any issues usually. Now maybe if I played with a ps3 controller and switched back, it would be another story.

I too have had bad luck with xbox d pads,even the new silver controller d pad is pretty bad.it seems the 360 d pad is good for everything BUT MK xD

I ended up scoring the wireless tekken 6 fightstick with tekken 6 for $40 on amazon and I havent looked back!

Good substitute for the Xbox 360's d-pad?

Let me explain first. Ive already had to send back 2 Razer onza's (the first ones right trigger broke, the 2nd wouldn't work after a week) and I'm getting annoyed. The standard d-pad isn't really that bad, but half the time I try to input a special, I jump instead of shooting a spear or sliding. It gets really annoying. Does anyone know a decent controller with a good d'pad? I DO NOT want a fight stick or a fighting game pad, I want a controller that I would be able to use in Mortal Kombat and then be able to use in Bad Company 2. I have read other threads like this, but most don't help. I've also heard that the silver transforming dpad xbox controller doesnt work well. One last thing, I would like a wireless controller. Any suggestions? Thx for reading

Re: Good substitute for the Xbox 360's d-pad?

I would say get the hori fight pad for mortal kombat. It works great, but it is wired so that could be a problem for you. It has the Best d-pad since Saturn. But if you need wireless then go with the new 360 transforming pad. It's much better than the standard d-pad but not as good as the hori.