Official MK9 Xbox 360 D-Pad Solution Thread

Re: Good substitute for the Xbox 360's d-pad?

I understand your pain, I have this problem every-time I play MK9 at my friend's house, the 360 D-Pad just isn't that responsive.
Solution: PS3...

Solution=PS3=LOL,because he already owns a 360

Solution=a fight stick,ANY fight stick will do.I just got a brand new wireless hori fightstick,WITH Tekken 6 for $40.00 (was a amazon gold deal) but you can find one w\o T6 for around the same price

but since you dont want a fight stick (not really sure why..?) I would suggest the fighters pad by PDP,but you dont want that either (boy you are picky! xD) get the new silver 360 pad.or a ps2 to 360 converter and a ps2 pad.thats prolly the only available option left!

Not all fighting enthusiasts need to use a fight stick or fight pad.

I only use a fight pad for Street Fighter games.

Get the new silver, pop-out D-pad controller for 360. It works great, and looks great.

I have the silver 360 controller and I still find it hard to use the D pad. You have to press almost near the middle of the D pad when sliding for an down fordward move for example and lots of times if you press a little off it either doesn't respond or you end up jumping. The joystick is amazing but terrible for FF BB moves. One guy on here commented her alternates between the two but I find that to be a lil slow, maybe takes some getting use to. Do the fight pads feel like a joystick for dashing?

Solution=PS3=LOL,because he already owns a 360

Solution=a fight stick,ANY fight stick will do.I just got a brand new wireless hori fightstick,WITH Tekken 6 for $40.00 (was a amazon gold deal) but you can find one w\o T6 for around the same price

but since you dont want a fight stick (not really sure why..?) I would suggest the fighters pad by PDP,but you dont want that either (boy you are picky! xD) get the new silver 360 pad.or a ps2 to 360 converter and a ps2 pad.thats prolly the only available option left!

Lol I know I am. To the others, I may end up getting a silver controller. I had just read some reviews where it doesnt help.

Lol I know I am. To the others, I may end up getting a silver controller. I had just read some reviews where it doesnt help.

I was just at gamestop and I ALWAYS get this same cashier lol and he is an honest guy. He'll tell you if something is crappy or not. I asked about the silver controller and he said it depends on the person if it feels better or not

Id suggest getting the new 360 controller with the transforming d-pad, i think it works great. Iv never had any problems playing this game that i could blame on the controller.

Its easily the best 1st party controller on the market.

hori or rapid fire or whatever it's called, the silver one is good but it's to stiff. that's what i use and it makes dashing a lot harder, i miss a lot of combos with it.

Re: evil d-pad

wow, i use an xbox 360 pad and i pull off 40% - 50% cyrax combos online consistently. i honestly see nothing wrong with the xbox 360 dpad at all...

I have a ps3 , so no problems. I would only do street fighter for xbox. Based on its controls. Mk is more directional than sf's circular controls.

wow, i use an xbox 360 pad and i pull off 40% - 50% cyrax combos online consistently. i honestly see nothing wrong with the xbox 360 dpad at all...

You must have a toddlers thumb.

Most of my losses are due to me not being able to pull off any moves and most of the time pressing back, but instead I jump.

I'm going to order that evil dpad if I ever figure out how to do so...

I never use the D-pad anyway lol. The joystick is so much more comfortable for me. Only time the D-pad comes in is for back, back and forward, forward movements.

But yeah I hear the new Silver controller has a great d-pad, so I'd get that if you don't want to pay all that money for one of those arcade sticks.

I never use the D-pad anyway lol. The joystick is so much more comfortable for me. Only time the D-pad comes in is for back, back and forward, forward movements.

But yeah I hear the new Silver controller has a great d-pad, so I'd get that if you don't want to pay all that money for one of those arcade sticks.

I have the silver one and it does work better, but having separate buttons for directional is hell of a lot easier. Even with the silver one I would press forward and some how do a down forward move...

Only complaint about evil is that I ordered 2 and they sent me one and a empty box and when called about it they said they would call me back in 10 minutes...well after leaving a message and several calls they finally responded about 4 hours later saying I will get one on Monday, no apology.

Re: Good cheap controller / game pad for MK9?

Buy the new xbox controller with improved D-pad, the silver one
I pull all my beautiful combos with it

I don't mean to single you out here Grew-Wolf, but i see a lot of people mentioning this controller.
I bought the controller a while back (7-8 months or so) and the d-pad broke on me last month.
The little plastic 'bar' that connects from the actual d-pad piece to the controller had snapped (while i wasn't playing on it, to make things worse :(). I'm not sure if this is common with these controllers, but i think playing a fighting game with it might be too much for it after a while.
Just putting in my 2 cents.
If you'd like to try it out (was great while it lasted!) i'd recommend getting a warranty on it.