Simple throwbacks to the old MK games that were missed in the new MK

msmma

Overall, NRS did a great job with making this a new game in the series, while still having plenty of nostalgia, and throwbacks to the old games. However, in my opinion they missed alot of easy little things that would've made it even more nostalgic:

1) Why doesnt the skeleton make the "ugh..ugh" noise after you knock the person into the dead pool when you hold down the buttons?

2) Why no Dan Forden "FROSTY" when you freeze someone with no life left?

3) Why no "PING" noise when you are about to lose?

4) Why no "Excellent", "Outstanding", etc...on uppercuts/great moves on all stages?

Any others you can think of? The good news is, i feel that at least these 4 things can be easily added in a game update, or patch.

Reactions: p53
Well, the Scorpion DLC fatality could have added that little "TOASTY" yell at the end of it....another easy fix!!! lol

yep, the "danger" warning beep sound when you had 1% of health bar left, was cool, despite, once you heard it, this mean, you are dead in the next 10 seconds, hehe .....

They did enough. The nostalgia stuff the put in the game was all the most recognizable stuff from the first games. This was a reboot, not an clone of the original trilogy.

I miss choose your destiny, shao kahn commenting during matches, the danger ping with low health, stages that you can uppercut through etc

Kahn does comment, I have only heard him once. Maybe something to do with the kombat codes?

I thought I heard they were bringing the Danger Ping back?? I can't remember where I heard/read that. Anyone else hear something about that??

Ya, Brady said the danger sound will come in another patch, not this one coming up. Probably in a month or two? And the danger sound is needed because sometimes you do a hit on the opponent and it looks like they have no health and the round's over, and they come back up from the ground and start attacking you, because the 1 or 2% health they have you can't see on their life bar.

I miss the Stage with the spikes on the ceiling that when you held down on second controller the body slid off.

Ya, Brady said the danger sound will come in another patch, not this one coming up. Probably in a month or two? And the danger sound is needed because sometimes you do a hit on the opponent and it looks like they have no health and the round's over, and they come back up from the ground and start attacking you, because the 1 or 2% health they have you can't see on their life bar.

haha yeah, I always hold block just in case. I've been beaten too many times because of that.

and I miss Kombat Tomb as well. I love all the levels they brought back, but Kombat Tomb and the ceiling fatality were just so lovely.