Klassic Costume Pack Discussion

Re: Reptile Klassic Skin Issue Online

Hi, I searched but couldn't find the answer to this issue. I bought MK9 for PS3 from Amazon, so I got the klassic Reptile skin. The klassic skin works in single player and even when playing against a player 2 in multiplayer by of course pressing start, and then selecting the MK1 kostume. But when I press start on Reptile when playing online, it just automatically chooses his MK9 kostume as it would with any other kharacter and I don't have access to his klassic skin. Yet when I press start on Ermac when playing online, I have access to his klassic skin. So I was wondering if anyone knows anything about this issue? Do I have to purchase the latest Klassic Skin DLC pack #1 in order to have access to Reptile's klassic skin online? Thanks in advance for any help.

Yea man, it happens to me too.... I'm on the PS3! The skins seem to work on and off randomly... They should release a patch for it soon to fix the issue, but if not. Then just hope that once in awhile that it works.

PS - I am using the DLC Costume pack #1. The problem seemed to only happen once that silly 1.02 patch was released for us to download in order to play online. It worked perfectly fine for me EVERY TIME I was online before... NRS seems to TRY and fix one thing (LAG) and FAIL, and ALSO manage to screw something else up in the process (Classic Costumes online)! I just hope that the Cyrax and Sektor classic costumes dont have this issue with online play when I download Skarlet next week!...

:(

:p

Yea man, it happens to me too.... I'm on the PS3! The skins seem to work on and off randomly... They should release a patch for it soon to fix the issue, but if not. Then just hope that once in awhile that it works.

PS - I am using the DLC Costume pack #1. The problem seemed to only happen once that silly 1.02 patch was released for us to download in order to play online. It worked perfectly fine for me EVERY TIME I was online before... NRS seems to TRY and fix one thing (LAG) and FAIL, and ALSO manage to screw something else up in the process (Classic Costumes online)! I just hope that the Cyrax and Sektor classic costumes dont have this issue with online play when I download Skarlet next week!...

:(

:p

I remember mk_mortalkombat on twitter said that the problem is the other opponent doesn't have the new 1.02 patch and since you are in the Canada maybe the round you play was with a guy from EU (in EU the 1.02 coming this week)

Last edited:
Re: Alternate Costumes for DLC Characters

Yeah, I really dig the throwback look we're getting with the MKI costumes (I know some people think they're more in line with MKII but the quilted pattern is really the only thing that suggests it to me, the hood and shin guards and gauntlets are far more MKI than MKII), but UMK3 ninjas are definitely my favorite look even though MKII is still my fondest memory of MK lol.

I agree 100%, MK2 was my favorite all these years, until now that is :D
I also like the throw back, brings many memories back to light, some good, and some bad lol like the one where i got my clock clean by a 40+ woman at the arcades lol

I agree 100%, MK2 was my favorite all these years, until now that is :D
I also like the throw back, brings many memories back to light, some good, and some bad lol like the one where i got my clock clean by a 40+ woman at the arcades lol

Hahaha that's brutal. In a game that's so thoroughly based on the golden days of MK, playing as Sub-Zero in his classic costume is all kinds of awesome.

I'm hoping for Rain to get the Smoke treatment for his two costumes and when we get klassic Rain, THEN get his umk3 as an extra. probably along with klassic Smoke and Noob Saibot

I'm hoping for Rain to get the Smoke treatment for his two costumes and when we get klassic Rain, THEN get his umk3 as an extra. probably along with klassic Smoke and Noob Saibot

I'd be cool with that lol. I love the more ninja-based look, but they had a good idea in making him more regal in MKA, though it was a bit flawed. Going with both offers them more opportunities to expand his personality while giving him a more old school look to match the tone of the game.

I'd be cool with that lol. I love the more ninja-based look, but they had a good idea in making him more regal in MKA, though it was a bit flawed. Going with both offers them more opportunities to expand his personality while giving him a more old school look to match the tone of the game.

I'd be ok with a regal look just without that stupid cape :p and the tiara I guess. btw I just read about the compatibility packs and the season pass. apparently, it seems like each will have two free skins. with Skarlet we get klassic Cyrax and Sektor, with Kenshi we *I guess* will get klassic Noob Saibot and Smoke so my previous comment on getting those with Rain is over :p what do you guys think the next skins will be? another 4 skins, I guess smoke/noob klassics are a safe bet

I'd be ok with a regal look just without that stupid cape :p and the tiara I guess. btw I just read about the compatibility packs and the season pass. apparently, it seems like each will have two free skins. with Skarlet we get klassic Cyrax and Sektor, with Kenshi we *I guess* will get klassic Noob Saibot and Smoke so my previous comment on getting those with Rain is over :p what do you guys think the next skins will be? another 4 skins, I guess smoke/noob klassics are a safe bet

My guess?

Kenshi will come with Classic Noob and Smoke, Rain will come with an alt for Cyber Sub-Zero (MK3 maybe?) and Classic Skarlet, and ??? will come with Classic Rain and Classic ??? if they have a classic look lol. I know some people will protest the release of freebies that would require previous DLC to be useful, but at that point I think NRS will be catering more to the people who are supporting their DLC. They also wouldn't have too many other ways to get Rain and Skarlet alternates out their without making them cost money.

NRS did announce that two classic costumes will accompany each of the first four DLC characters. So hopefully the freebies won't get overruled by someone higher up the foodchain...

Last edited:

Klassic costumes for DLC characters can't come with compatibility packs or the character packs, folks; they can only come with on-disc characters. I can't believe how many people have overlooked this. Why would the incentives included with the compatibility packs get an extra outfit for a character you chose not to download (if this is the case)? Or I'll put it to you this way: if you chose not to download Skarlet and got the compatibility pack for her instead, and then you downloaded the 4th character, which hypothetically comes with free klassic outfits for Skarlet and someone else. You would be downloading a costume for a character you don't have. It's like downloading DLC for a game you don't have. :?

I actually don't like Skarlets secondary as much as her first; Skarlets power is to absorb blood and become stronger, more exposed flesh to soak up that blood means more power, so her dressing like a stripper is actually practical. I like how they are listening to us and making the females less skanked, though.

Skarlet's alt is more clothed than her main, she wears full pants, though they are still skin tight and hang a bit low.

Here is a better video with Skarlet's alt:

I too think Rain should have the UMK3 costume as his alt outfit.

Never seen that vid before. Thanks for sharing it.

I like Skarlet's alternate except her hair. Those "pigtails" in the back look awkward as hell. Would have preferred her hair down like in the art in her most recent trailer.

I really like Skarlet's alternate kostume. I also really hope Rain gets his prince kostumes and an MKT kostume. I love the MKT kostumes, everyones were great.

I like more her main, Skarlet's alt has more clothes but IMO is slutier, because in her main she has less clothes but has a top that works like a bra, and in her alt she has that things that goe across like a V but she has nothing under it, IMO thats slutier and unnecsary, also I like more her hair in her main.

I like more her main, Skarlet's alt has more clothes but IMO is slutier, because in her main she has less clothes but has a top that works like a bra, and in her alt she has that things that goe across like a V but she has nothing under it, IMO thats slutier and unnecsary, also I like more her hair in her main.

IMO they are both equally bad her main has her whole ass hanging out and her alt has her tits falling out I think NRS is trying to show that she has no feelings and doesn't care what she wears or maybe I'm just reading into it too much

Ok cool, thanks for the responses. At least now I know it's definitely not just my copy of MK9 having this issue. Hopefully they get this issue fixed in the next patch. I definitely prefer the old Reptile kostume over the new look, so I really want to play with it online. I will end up getting the Klassic Skin DLC soon, so maybe that will make it work more often, because it seems like how it is now, I never have access to Reptile's klassic skin online.

Ok cool, thanks for the responses. At least now I know it's definitely not just my copy of MK9 having this issue. Hopefully they get this issue fixed in the next patch. I definitely prefer the old Reptile kostume over the new look, so I really want to play with it online. I will end up getting the Klassic Skin DLC soon, so maybe that will make it work more often, because it seems like how it is now, I never have access to Reptile's klassic skin online.
I really hope they also fix the issue of having a 2 player tag team online cause the guest player cant choose the classic outfits or any of the alt outfits...player 1 can but the guest cant and that sucks cause when me and my bro play online we always have to switch controllers for us to take turns choosing the classic outfits

Question Bout DLC Help!!

Hey just wondering. Is the MK: Klassic Kostume pack sold @ gamestop on a redeem code card. If u dont know what im talking about they sell some add-ons on individual cards instead of buying points cards you can get the pack you want for that price in this case 5 bucks. Just curious appreciate the help guys.

Re: Question Bout DLC Help!!

Im not sure of what are you talking about.

Just buy a PSN/LIVE card and buy them via Store.