Klassic Costume Pack Discussion

Re: GoodBye Sonya mk3 costume :(

i want her to but they just want to take it easy spending a day making one costume then changing its color we might have to wait a bit for the characters that have the unique costumes

I don't think they will let it be like that. They should be able to give more as DLC in the future including Sonya's outfit/s. Come on people, she's the original female of MK.

I don't know... I don't think it's a huge deal. The ninjas were understandable since they're kind of like the face of MK. Though I'd probably prefer Sonya's classic over Kitana and Jade's MK 2 classics. That's a little silly. We already have they're more superior classic look... Do we really need to go back a few steps and see the incredibly bland MK2 designs? I sure as hell don't.

You'd say "Good bye Sonya costume" if NRS oficially confirmed they are really NOT gonna release it. Now we don't need to complain, better if we were happy with what we have. All these cosumes are FREE, we pay only for DLC characters, but not for costumes. So, we must happy that we at least have them for free:)
And, as I'm eager to see Sonya MK1 (Sonya MK3 too but not so much), i would be sad too... better to calm down, they certainly KNOW that we want all MK1-MK2-MK3 costumes, and my heart tells me, we will have them (not for free). Just be patient and please, don't create topics with such disappointing names as you can't know the truth :).

I agree with you, but I think it would be Sub and Scorp first if anything. I love the idea of doing a full separate pack of all UMK3 ninjas, but who knows.

i wonder if they will give scarlet a mk2 outfit??? i think they will make a pack of non ninjas to buy cause in one of the vids they had classic raiden. i think it was the cybrog outfit vid

i wonder if they will give scarlet a mk2 outfit??? i think they will make a pack of non ninjas to buy cause in one of the vids they had classic raiden. i think it was the cybrog outfit vid

Ed boon say skarlet is new to mk & she will not have classic costume ...

Ed boon say skarlet is new to mk & she will not have classic costume ...

Yeah, I don't get Boon's logic on that one. Skarlet in MK2 is the exact same as Ermac in MK1; some people will say otherwise but it is a fact that Ermac was never in MK1, not even as a glitch. It was just a BS article that EGM published. Fair enough he's been part of the games since MK3, but NRS have now made him a part of MK1 based on a rumor. Why shouldn't they do the same for Skarlet? She wasn't an actual glitch either, just more BS, but won't be treated with a classic. Even though they put her in Kahn's Arena as a nod to the MK2 rumor anyway. TBH I don't really care, but wanted to point out how crap his reasoning was. He should just be honest and say it's not worth it for a DLC character.

NRS needs to start giving us costumes that aren't pallet swaps.

They probably will, you'll just need your wallet. Anyone who expects anything other than palette swaps, without paying for it, is kidding themselves.

Last edited:
I don't know... I don't think it's a huge deal. The ninjas were understandable since they're kind of like the face of MK. Though I'd probably prefer Sonya's classic over Kitana and Jade's MK 2 classics. That's a little silly. We already have they're more superior classic look... Do we really need to go back a few steps and see the incredibly bland MK2 designs? I sure as hell don't.
I sort of like the MK2 outfits because of their hair. But the outfit itself? I agree, meh.

Re: Blueberry & Lime/Kitana and Jade MK2 Costumes Confirmed

Fine with me. I just want some more variety. Not more generic ninja number 3, color red.

If you mean new alternates, new designs for characters, then we might get our wish. If you mean klassics for the rest of the roster, I'm not getting my hopes up. Many of the defaults are remakes of those, and if it's not a remake, the klassic is probably too bland to interest anyone other than the most nostalgic of us. MK1 costumes in particular were really basic. Yeah I'd buy them, you'd buy them, sure, but is there really that many fans who would buy a Cage in shorts, for instance? Or a Liu in black pants? I'm not expecting anything like that for DLC.

If you mean new alternates, new designs for characters, then we might get our wish. If you mean klassics for the rest of the roster, I'm not getting my hopes up. Many of the defaults are remakes of those, and if it's not a remake, the klassic is probably too bland to interest anyone other than the most nostalgic of us. MK1 costumes in particular were really basic. Yeah I'd buy them, you'd buy them, sure, but is there really that many fans who would buy a Cage in shorts, for instance? Or a Liu in black pants? I'm not expecting anything like that for DLC.

Man, I'll take anything that isn't "Mileena costume number 15!"

If she gets anything more than her MK2 costume it'll just be ridiculous. I won't lie though, I'll take it all. I'm one of those suckers NR is going to milk.

If she gets anything more than her MK2 costume it'll just be ridiculous. I won't lie though, I'll take it all. I'm one of those suckers NR is going to milk.

She doesn't even need that one, lol. It looks almost identical to her newer one.

WTF I don't want this crap they're giving me....argh I can't believe NRS, I can't believe they expect me to pay for these stupid, horrible, doesn't even look like, MK2 costumes geez! *someone off stage whispers in ear that they're free* Oh...forget everything I just said...I'm perfectly fine with the costumes.....

THANK YOU!!!

I don't mind getting Klassic costumes for Kano, Sonya, Liu Kang, Raiden ad Johnny Cage, even if it means selling it together as an "MK 1 - DLC package," for $5.