Klassic Costume Pack Discussion

The classic costumes don't bother me, but anyone wanting some news may be interested in this "confirmation" about pack #4...

@MK_MortalKombat: Skarlet/Mileena are not in the next pack.

http://twitter.com/#!/MK_MortalKombat/status/92286173183094784

Hmm... well then, who is it? Cyber Smoke and (guesses here...) I really got nothing to go on if it isn't an MK2 Mileena accompanying him because we know Cyber Smoke is coming via Tom Brady's statement.

We aren't going to see Skarlet and/ or Rain as a compatibility incentive strictly because not every player will have purchased them.

Hmm... well then, who is it? Cyber Smoke and (guesses here...) I really got nothing to go on if it isn't an MK2 Mileena accompanying him because we know Cyber Smoke is coming via Tom Brady's statement.

We aren't going to see Skarlet and/ or Rain as a compatibility incentive strictly because not every player will have purchased them.

What statement?

Re: Blueberry & Lime/Kitana and Jade MK2 Costumes Confirmed

these new costumes made me relize how bad mk3's female ninjas always were. I love these mk2 ones

also, I've always been in love with this picture of kitana lol
end2kit_2.gif

The girls are just using bras, people. They're not like Sonya.

rofl rofl rofl rofl

Anyways, in a scenerio like this, no one can ever be happy....I get that people want other characters to have their classics (me too =) ), but I certainly ain't gonna complain about free stuff.

The classic costumes don't bother me, but anyone wanting some news may be interested in this "confirmation" about pack #4...

Interesting. So is Mileena not getting an MK2 outfit at all, or does this just mean it won't be one the costumes in the next pack?

I think they butchered Noob's classic skin!! They definitly should have made him look like he does in the temple!! A complete shadow!!

I don't mind that he isn't pitch black (although that would have been cool, and his shadow could've had a lighter tone to differentiate), but I was rather disappointed that he had red flesh (like MK1 Reptile).

ThisIsMadness91 said:
Interesting. So is Mileena not getting an MK2 outfit at all, or does this just mean it won't be one the costumes in the next pack?

@MK_MortalKombat said:

I've marked the important part bold: next pack. It isn't in the plural therefore referring only to the compatibility pack #4.

We will have to wait for the next batch of DLC fighters in order to get her costume.

I'm actually glad they didnt give an mk2 costume to mileena

she already has the flesh pit one, and that would give her 5 costumes while most characters have only 2.

Classic raiden,human reptile(from the special edition artwork book),and mk3 sonya are a priority.After that a cage costume with no tatoo and different hair.All characters deserve more costumes hopefully we wont give a fortune away for DLC

Classic raiden,human reptile(from the special edition artwork book),and mk3 sonya are a priority.After that a cage costume with no tatoo and different hair.All characters deserve more costumes hopefully we wont give a fortune away for DLC

Why should those ones be priority?

I'm actually glad they didnt give an mk2 costume to mileena

she already has the flesh pit one, and that would give her 5 costumes while most characters have only 2.

I hate how NRS gives Mileena 4 costumes and doesn't even give Cyber Sub Zero an alt.

Maybe I'm falling into that trap of getting my hopes up, but personally, I'm reading it as the pairing of Skarlet and Mileena isn't then next pack; not that Mileena isn't in it at all. That said, I'm still sticking to Sub-Zero, in one of his forms, being one of the two offered. Whether it's MK3 CSZ and somebody else, or MK3 SZ and Scorpion, I don't know. If Rigo can't come up with a new food nickname for the next pair, it's probably due to blue being a part of it (after blueberry, what is there that's "blue"?).

Either way though.... we'll find out for sure in two weeks. ;)

It's funny a lot of the people that are complaining that they get two sets of classic costumes saying how it's unfair... they wanted another for subby and reptile.

It's free... just stop already, they release what they want. I don't play as Noob, Smoke, Cryax, or Sektor... you think I'm mad?

I too never use them (outside what was required for Mastery and the Robots Rule achievement, and those came pre-DLC for me), and I've not been complaining about those klassics either. And to think these should have been the pre-order bonuses for the females to begin with! ;)

thats true i would still buy them i just dont want them to waste the free outfits deal on the same characters that already have the klassic outfits

Well, don't expect any of the other DLC characters to come with free retros for people who don't already have a klassic. Depending on who all you count, there are at least 12 klassic outfits for the ninjas/cyber-ninjas that can still be released. That's six DLC fighters worth at the current rate (and six more DLC characters could very well be all we get). And all but one of those 12 klassics are for people who already have a retro (the 12 are: MK2 Mileena, MK3 Cyber Sub-Zero, MK2 Scorpion/Sub-Zero/Reptile/Ermac and MK3 Scorpion/Sub-Zero/Reptile/Ermac/Smoke/Noob).

So yeah..... expect the rest of the klassics in these packs to be "wastes."

Honestly it's hard to complain cause it's free and what company really ever does that you know. But I'm still just not happy with them maybe it's just me but when I saw the costumes I was like ahhhh man! But then again free!

Actually this is quite possible.

Either way DLC#4 compatibility pack will probably contain the following costumes:

Most likely about 90%

2 UMK3 Ninjas

Highly possible about 70%

Cyber-Smoke, Cyber-Sub-Zero MK3 styled outfit
Cyber-Smoke, Unmasked Sub-Zero
Cyber-Sub-Zero MK3 styled outfit, Unmasked Sub-Zero

Possible 40% - 50%

Quan-Chi, Cyber-Smoke
Quan-Chi, Unmasked Sub-Zero
Quan-Chi, Cyber-Sub-Zero MK3 styled outfit

As for other costumes. Palette swaps will come in the next character DLC batches and other classic costume in the classic costumes packages.

Good post. I think if Quan Chi is ever in a pack he'd be with Shang, but it just doesn't seem likely they release a pack with two seperate, non-palette swap characters. My ultimate wish is UMK3 Ermac, but I agree with most that it would be MK3 Scorp & Sub first.

IT WOULD BE COOL IF KITANA had her classic silver fans from MK2 and sound fx as well
the new ones are to big for this mk2 costume

I must agree with this. It's only fair since Scorpion got a change on his weapons with his Classic

Re: NetherRealm Studios Releases First Render of Rain
Why do so many discount the obvious? They are doing the MK2 klassics. So it's either mk2 sub and reptile OR mk2 kitana and jade. While I would love to see ALL the classic skins for everyone, I think it would be nice to have consistency with the mk2 ninjas first before moving on to the mk3 skins.
Where's my rep? I called this shit when everyone was saying "Jax and Sonya" in response to the blueberry and lime tease!

they look gorgeous, im definitley going to be using these outfits a lot!! thank you for listening to all my tweets ed boon <3

Jade has always looked better than Kitana.. and the new klassics confirm it. But to everyone trying to justify why Jade and Kitana got more klassics by saying "well it's probably for the people who didn't get the pre-ordered or download the klassics pack", that is a invalid argument. Scorpion, Reptile, Ermac, and Subzero were also pre-ordered and part of the klassic pack.. so there. If your too poor to afford their UMK3 costumes, well now you get free Jade & Kitana MKII alts! So now I get more klassics, awesome.. but I was hoping for MKII Reptile and Subzero. Those will come in due time (THEY BETTER) but they will probably be released in "Klassic Pack #2". Think about it, the first pack was called "Pack #1" so there will most likely be more to kome... just for a price.