Lui Kang needs to be... Changed, slightly.

Demetrius

I have discovered something that may, or may not, be a bit of a problem with Lui Kang; The only move you really have to know is 2, 1, 3; you can combo it into itself four or five times, resulting in a easy 30% combo by pressing the same three buttons over and over, with minimal timing required. Correct me if I am wrong, but no one else can do that with one Dial-a-combo.

Other than that, he seems fine to me.

So because his combos are easier to do than other people's he should be changed?

No.

Who cares if one of his combo starters juggles into itself. Difficulty of a character to learn doesn't mean they are any better than any other character. There is no reason at all Liu Kang should be changed. At all.
The combo you're referring to isn't even the strongest juggle Liu Kang could do from 213. It's just the easiest.

Easy combos =/= Broken character that needs to be fixed
Maybe for people who can't learn other combos as easily. But not in the grand scheme of things. Not at all.

Last edited:
Yeah well I don't agree with nothingrhymeswithcircus, because I know goddam well something rhymes with it!

Cervix!

So because his combos are easier to do than other people's he should be changed?

No.

Who cares if one of his combo starters juggles into itself. Difficulty of a character to learn doesn't mean they are any better than any other character. There is no reason at all Liu Kang should be changed. At all.
The combo you're referring to isn't even the strongest juggle Liu Kang could do from 213. It's just the easiest.

Easy combos =/= Broken character that needs to be fixed
Maybe for people who can't learn other combos as easily. But not in the grand scheme of things. Not at all.

It's not so much that it's easy, and I'm not saying anything other than the fact that he can combo into the one combo over and over, outside of the corner. It's annoying, and.... well, annoying. As you said, he doesn't really need it, as it's not his best combo, it's just that the fact that he can know only one Dial a Combo and get 30% damage off of it that I have a problem with.

Now, 2, 1, 3, B3, 1, 2 isn't any harder, and while it does less damage, it at least takes some timing and knowing what your doing other than just one combo.

I just find it incredibly lame that by knowing three buttons, Liu Kang :)P) can get a 30% Kombo going. All I am saying is that this one move shouldn't Kombo into itself, no other move does outside of a Korner.

Yeah Liu Kang also has the F+1,2,1,4 combo (iirc). If you just do F+1,2,1 you can repeat it about three times for a really easy corner combo (just gotta learn the timing on it). Noticed this while going through the ladder with him.

Yeah well I don't agree with nothingrhymeswithcircus, because I know goddam well something rhymes with it!

Cervix!
That doesn't rhyme with circus... the s and x sound different. So no dice! :)

Service, however, does rhyme with circus.

Yeah Liu Kang also has the F+1,2,1,4 combo (iirc). If you just do F+1,2,1 you can repeat it about three times for a really easy corner combo (just gotta learn the timing on it). Noticed this while going through the ladder with him.

That doesn't rhyme with circus... the s and x sound different. So no dice! :)
i have a better one, what about purpose or surface. now ill give u props if u can find a word that rhymes with orgasm lol.

He's fine as he is. We need to stop with all these tweaks thread.

Liu Kang is Mid-Tier at BEST. Let him have his 30%

Jeezus.

its annoying but i dont believe in nerfing characters unless they have infinites, just avoid been cornered when your opponent is liu kang, well thats my opinion on it

Nervous also rhymes with circus.
BOOM! Lawyered.

Not even close lol.

Say them slowly with as good pronunciation as possible.

I seriously could only recall one guy telling me one real word that I even looked up on dictionary.com that rhymes with circus. And I forgot what it was. It was a medical term or some shit. Needless to say though I was heartbroken when he told me lol.

its annoying but i dont believe in nerfing characters unless they have infinites, just avoid been cornered when your opponent is liu kang, well thats my opinion on it

He doesn't need to be in a corner to do it, that's the problem, it's just the same combo that pops you up constantly, so you can repeat it a couple of times, popup and all, until Gravity sets in.

Not even close lol.

I seriously could only recall one guy telling me one real word that I even looked up on dictionary.com that rhymes with circus. And I forgot what it was. It was a medical term or some shit. Needless to say though I was heartbroken when he told me lol.

u should have made it "nothing rhymes with orange"

I have discovered something that may, or may not, be a bit of a problem with Lui Kang; The only move you really have to know is 2, 1, 3; you can combo it into itself four or five times, resulting in a easy 30% combo by pressing the same three buttons over and over, with minimal timing required. Correct me if I am wrong, but no one else can do that with one Dial-a-combo.

Other than that, he seems fine to me.

It annoys like shit, all the Lui Kangs online just do that one Combo... but see it as an advantage for you... there is much less guessing you have to do, one combo = easy to block.

Not even close lol.

List of all words ending with CUS:

abacus
amicus
apercus
arcus
ascus
caucus
cercus
circus
coccus
crocus
cryptococcus
cuscus
cysticercus
defocus
diplococcus
diplodocus
discus
echinococcus
ecus
enterococcus
ficus
floccus
focus
fucus
gonococcus
hibiscus
hocus
incus
lemniscus
locus
meningococcus
meniscus
micrococcus
misfocus
mucus
overfocus
pirarucus
pneumococcus
prefocus
refocus
staphylococcus
streptococcus
sulcus
umbilicus
uncus
viscus

pwnt. :reddy:

None of those rhyme with circus. Absolutely none lol.

Just because it ends in "cus" doesn't make it rhyme with circus, both syllables have to rhyme for the word to rhyme.

Example:
Money------ Bunny
both share the "uh" and "knee" sound

Example of what doesn't rhyme:
Circus--------Abacus
even though they both share the "cus" sound they don't share the "er" sound required for it to rhyme.

reverse pwnt.:bike:

technically none of those actually rhyme with circus. a rhyme has to have a similar overall sound not just a ending.

car/bar/tar etc

circus would essentially need a word that makes the sound ircus for it to rhyme, though the spelling doesnt have to be the same i believe.

why i bothered typing that ill never know lol.

also OP, kano has something similar with his 2,1,2 he can do 3 times, but it requires different timing for the second and third ones, and does 25% without upball at end, and there are other more damaging/useful combos in his arsenal.

Liu Kang does not need a nerf, he is fine how he is. Smoke and Raiden also have combos where you can link the same one over and over. Try doing it yourself with Liu Kang, it's not super hard but it's not as easy as it seems. Mid-screen the timing is a little weird. But if a character being easy to use is something patch-worthy then most of the characters in the game need to be patched, especially the ones in my sig.