Tekken Thread: All things Tekken related

Don't know how they will end the Mishima story and carry it on. They are the poster boys. Fighting games and stories don't mix. Impossible, everyone has their mains they get attached to and like to play and its impossible to carry on a natural progression of a story without removing a vital ingredient.

Unless they go the puzzle game route with the long awaited Dr Boskonovitch's Mean Bean Machine.

The Mishima family IS Tekken!

Get Xiaoyu pregnant with Jin's child if you have to, I don't care! No Mishimas = No Tekken!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk

Looking forward to how will they close the Mishima/Kazama bloodline arc.

Honestly, I don't think they should add any new characters....maybe just 1-2, but a few major characters should have like a variation mode like Kazuya transforming into Devil, etc.

I'm a self-admitted shameless MK junkie, I haven't been hooked on anything besides Injustice since I found MK back in the mid-'90s. Partially it is because I'm a PC gamer and I have never owned a console (maybe I'll buy a PS4 for MKX) but Tekken has never really excited me. This trailer is good but it's nothing compared to the adrenaline rush I got when the MKX trailer came out.

If you are still a PC Gamer however you wont have to get a PS4 for either game unless you really want to. MKX was already announced for PC and the head of Epic games Japan has stated that not only is Tekken 7 is coming to the PC thanks to UE4 but it's the lead platform for it. http://www.gamenguide.com/articles/...te-unsure-pc-version-confirmed-jun-kazama.htm

Also, personally I'm more excited for MKX but that's because I've always been more of an MK fan than any other fighting game especially Tekken. I'm probably going to give Tekken 7 a chance though.

Despite how much more sentimental value I had over MK9 (MK is, obviously, my favourite fg series ever and second favourite series in gaming), even I admit that TTT2 was a superior fighting game in almost every way to MK9. I like MK9 more, obviously, but, from an objective view, TTT2 is much better.

I can't say anything about MKX and Tekken 7.

Oh boy, baseless assumptions on games that haven't been released...

Actually... logic. MKX uses Unreal 3, just like Injustice, MK9 and vsDC. T7 uses Unreal 4. U4 is a new engine not many games use. T7 will be the first major fighting game to use it. Purely because of that the T7 team will have to learn to use the engine and have to modify it, just like NRS had to with U3 for MK9/Injustice/vsDC. NRS are well over that phase by now. They have everything they need and know everything they need, thus having an advantage compared to the T7 team that will have to start basically from scratch. And because they will need more time to figure out the engine, they will have less time to implement all the desired features properly and the end result will also be visually average and look similar if not worse to MKX. NRS can push the Unreal 3 engine to its limits, because its older, they know how to work with it and the consoles are able to handle it without a problem. Thus MKX will not only look visually similar to T7, if not better, but it will also be a better game overall without major bugs and with more features, because the team knows exactly what they're doing. On PS4/X1/PC MKX will be a smoother, richer and more flawless experience. No debate there. As for story? More less the same. Tekken, or any other fighting game for that matter, never had a story as rich as MK - or at least they didn't know how to present it.

Plus Tekken is irrelevant at this point, just like Killer Instinct. T7 will please some fans no doubt, but for the average gamer MKX will be the better game. Not to mention WB knows how to properly market and sell it. Namco? Not really.

Actually... logic. MKX uses Unreal 3, just like Injustice, MK9 and vsDC. T7 uses Unreal 4. U4 is a new engine not many games use. T7 will be the first major fighting game to use it. Purely because of that the T7 team will have to learn to use the engine and have to modify it, just like NRS had to with U3 for MK9/Injustice/vsDC. NRS are well over that phase by now. They have everything they need and know everything they need, thus having an advantage compared to the T7 team that will have to start basically from scratch. And because they will need more time to figure out the engine, they will have less time to implement all the desired features properly and the end result will also be visually average and look similar if not worse to MKX. NRS can push the Unreal 3 engine to its limits, because its older, they know how to work with it and the consoles are able to handle it without a problem. Thus MKX will not only look visually similar to T7, if not better, but it will also be a better game overall without major bugs and with more features, because the team knows exactly what they're doing. On PS4/X1/PC MKX will be a smoother, richer and more flawless experience. No debate there. As for story? More less the same. Tekken, or any other fighting game for that matter, never had a story as rich as MK - or at least they didn't know how to present it.

Plus Tekken is irrelevant at this point, just like Killer Instinct. T7 will please some fans no doubt, but for the average gamer MKX will be the better game. Not to mention WB knows how to properly market and sell it. Namco? Not really.

It's still baseless. You can't judge a game on its engine or popularity. You've never played either of games and judging things off popularity is stupid... because, by that logic, Justin Bieber is a better musician than Stevie Wonder at the moment.

God damn they fanboyism is real :laugh:

This dude is talking like he has insider information. Harada mentioned at Evo that his team has found the unreal 4 engine to be easy to work with. Plus, if we're going by track record, Tekken looks leaps and bounds better than any Mortal Kombat game. Any of them. Shit, Tekken 5 on the PS2 looks about the same as MK9.

The story? That is completely opinion based. MK9's story was good until the MK3 arc and it became complete trash. Tekken's story has been pretty consistent and Tekken 7 is going to be the end of the Mishima era, which is HUGE for the game's story.

If you are still a PC Gamer however you wont have to get a PS4 for either game unless you really want to. MKX was already announced for PC and the head of Epic games Japan has stated that not only is Tekken 7 is coming to the PC thanks to UE4 but it's the lead platform for it.

I still have serious fears though that the PC version will be released months after the next gen versions. And I have fears about the system requirements too. The PS4 version will obviously be fine tuned for the next gen console and according to reports it runs smoother than the Xbox One demo. The original plan is to test the PC version first and if it's not good enough I'll buy a PS4. If the PC version is delayed though - I don't think I could wait months to play MKX if there's a playable version out there. And if MKX is released only in late 2015... Damn, I'm so glad that I didn't know anything about MKKE up until it was released.

Maybe it's a good thing for Tekken fans that another game is coming 'cause it divides the waiting time between the two. ;)

I wouldn't go as far as saying T5 looks the same as MK9. The models in T5 are little jagged and lacking in texture.

Anyways, nothing has been revealed yet about T7's mechanics, which is arguably the most important part of a fighting game.

Last edited:
I still have serious fears though that the PC version will be released months after the next gen versions. And I have fears about the system requirements too. The PS4 version will obviously be fine tuned for the next gen console and according to reports it runs smoother than the Xbox One demo. The original plan is to test the PC version first and if it's not good enough I'll buy a PS4. If the PC version is delayed though - I don't think I could wait months to play MKX if there's a playable version out there. And if MKX is released only in late 2015... Damn, I'm so glad that I didn't know anything about MKKE up until it was released.

Maybe it's a good thing for Tekken fans that another game is coming 'cause it divides the waiting time between the two. ;)

It might actually be better for the PC version to be delayed if it means it gets more polish rather than rushed to meet the deadline the others are set to come out at. Especially considering there's more PC configurations to deal with than console. People would get really upset and it'd hurt the game's image if they rush it out and it's a buggy mess. They may end up having to hand it over to High Voltage to fine tune it for PC.. who knows.

Also, even now people still expect more out of PC versions than they do console versions. The console versions may be 1080p or 900p at 60FPS. But people on PC expect 1440p or 4k resolution at 60FPS... with Sparse Grid Super Sampling Antialiasing or something... and then SweetFX on top of that.

On consoles fine tuning often times means turning down various settings and aspects until they hit their goal for a particular system. On PC the user often makes the choice.. which can be a double edged sword. It means that sometimes people just pump everything to ultra and the highest resolution available and when it fails to run well on their rig they blame the game when the consoles aren't even running everything on ultra or the highest possible resolution on their brand new 4k TV... even if their PR says so. There's been instances of the developers nerfing the settings on PC to make the consoles look better (like with Watch_Dogs, they of course deny it but modders have been finding better settings hidden away all the time).

Personally, I'm glad I waited for MK9 especially since I got to play it at 1440p high with HighFXAA on my system. Most footage of MK9 on the net looks blurry compared to it. I have a feeling the wait wont be nearly as long this time... even if it's months that's not nearly as bad as YEARS!

Last edited:
No one can say with a straight face that MK looks visually and graphically better than Tekken.

I love both these series, although I do rate MK as my favourite and Tekken 2nd best, I can't help but be more excited for Tekken 7 than MKX. And that can be interpreted as pretty sad, considering more has been revealed for MKX, and I'm comparing that to two Tekken 7 trailers.

I'm guessing based on the trailer, a big revelation is that Kazumi is the progenitor of the Devil Gene, thus the reason why Kazuya and Jin only have the cursed powers. Although Heihachi is still dangerous. I think the tears are that of his biggest regret, coming back to haunt him in this final battle.

Even though the Mishima saga is gonna end, I wonder how Namco is gonna do the other characters' story that are not involved in the cursed bloody battle?

I'm guessing based on the trailer, a big revelation is that Kazumi is the progenitor of the Devil Gene, thus the reason why Kazuya and Jin only have the cursed powers. Although Heihachi is still dangerous. I think the tears are that of his biggest regret, coming back to haunt him in this final battle.

Even though the Mishima saga is gonna end, I wonder how Namco is gonna do the other characters' story that are not involved in the cursed bloody battle?
The saga of Kuma and Mokujin is the obvious continuation of the saga. With the Mishimas presumably dead, Heihachis favourite pet will take over the Mishima corporation in Tekken 8. From there they will take part in a technology pushing battle where a resistance led Br Dr Boskonovitch's brain will meet with familiar faces and a few new ones in the most diverse and challenging story mode ever seen in a video game. A robust online multiplayer where decisions are rewarded, will delight new and old, beginners and masters alike.

One little tidbit that might piss me off about this game is if they dub the voices in English. They have never done that with trailers in the past, and they also did it for the Tekken Blood Vengeance movie.

I refused to watch that movie til I found a Japanese version with English subtitles.

New character: Claudio.

tekken7-claudio-location-test.jpg

And new info:

http://www.fightersgeneration.com/screens/tekken7-claudio.htm

"RAGE ARTS

Once your health falls below a certain value, you enter into rage mode and your attack power increases. During that time, you have access to special powerful moves known as rage arts.

The command varies per character, so check the command list.
- When the life bar indicates, you have access to rage arts
- You can use them in combos
- Go for the comeback victory!

POWER CRUSH

Even if you are hit during your attack, you will continue to attack until the end of the move. It is powerful as you can use it as often as you like, to absorb as many attacks as you like, but you will still take the damage from the opponent's move, so watch your life bar carefully.

In the move list on page 3, the red moves are rage arts, the blue moves are power crush. It also mentions that power crush moves will only absorb the opponent's high and mid moves."

There appears to be location tests of the new characters atm. Follow the link above to read about it.