Tekken Thread: All things Tekken related

Games in the Tekken series have a history of being developed specifically for arcade boards based on Playstation hardware, and according to a post on Japanese message boards, a new arcade board, called System 478 which may possibly be based on Playstation 4 hardware, is being made and will be appearing in arcades in the near future.

One of the titles listed as an exhibition title to demonstrate this new arcade board is Tekken 7, meaning that we may potentially see the latest numbered entry in the series very shortly. Tekken 6 was released in arcades back in 2007, so one might say that we are due for a new entry by now.

Am I the only one who'll find it weird if T7 comes before TxSF, since TxSF has been in development for the longest time it seems? Not that I'm complaining though; more Tekken is never a bad thing.

Psssh, watch Miguel's T6's ending; he didn't even get close, and probably never will :rolleyes:

It'd be awesome if T7 or TxSF were launch games for the next-gen consoles; hopefully they'll have info for both soon.

Single character bullshit is really pissing me off. I just love when I get 40% damage from like a basic 3-hit combo from my opponent.

Last edited:
I can't get a proper judgment of damage on their damn combos. I think I'm safe, but then I just see my life bar drop to nothing.

I can't imagine shit like Paul's Phoenix Smasher if he was a single character. I don't even see any disadvantages to using only 1. Just seems for those lazy pricks who don't want to learn a second character, or enjoy how cheap it is.

They probably enjoy the cheapness cause there is no way that they didn't try a second character in T6. You're probably just facing news or assholes

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

The Tekken 6 theory makes sense. They're too goddamn shitty to adjust to the new tag functions.

I'm watching DSPStreetFighter's matches haha he's hilarious

"Why the **** are there ninja stars in the game?"

I pulled a gun out on some dude with Lee before :laugh:

Eh, single characters really don't bother me. They don't do any more damage I don't think, its just that they have slightly more health. There are benefits to playing with tag character - namely, health management. Yes, I know that single characters regenerate all the time, but they can still get hit; if you play tag you can regain red health whilst being completely safe. Also, if you get caught in oki traps, you have a 'safe' option with tag crashes, meaning that you have a chance to escape if you're getting fked on the floor - single characters don't have that.

There's also the fact that single characters can't take away red health with tag combos. Also, if you get a shitty match up for one character then you're not completely screwed if you play tag - you are if you play solo, though. Instead of complaining about the game, learn how to play it.

Eh, single characters really don't bother me. They don't do any more damage I don't think, its just that they have slightly more health. There are benefits to playing with tag character - namely, health management. Yes, I know that single characters regenerate all the time, but they can still get hit; if you play tag you can regain red health whilst being completely safe. Also, if you get caught in oki traps, you have a 'safe' option with tag crashes, meaning that you have a chance to escape if you're getting fked on the floor - single characters don't have that.

There's also the fact that single characters can't take away red health with tag combos. Also, if you get a shitty match up for one character then you're not completely screwed if you play tag - you are if you play solo, though. Instead of complaining about the game, learn how to play it.

I fought a single Anna with 0 wins, and 17 losses. I beat her by throwing pizzas and baseballs at her with Bob.

They definitely do more damage than a tag character though, I know that for sure since their basic combos do as much damage as harder tag combos from a tag team. I noticed the regeneration factor though recently when I was playing solo with Steve in arcade mode. I felt that facing Jun was a lot harder because I had no opportunity to gain health since she kept pressuring me, forcing me to use Lars as a tag partner after losing like twice to Jun.

I still stand by what I say, how single characters feel like "they easy way out," instead of adapting to the new tag functions and features, but now I'm beginning to understand what they can and can't do, especially after going through arcade with single Steve.

Probably my best match so far ^

Last edited:
I checked in practice mode, no extra damage. There might be in real matches or something, idk. It's been a while since I fought a solo player worth playing (meaning most got bodied or I monged out and got hit by repeated hell sweeps or something.) I don't know, I just don't really have much trouble against Solo as long as I don't tag assault them, that will give them rage and that is a bad idea.

Tag can be harder, but if you know how to play tag then it is much more advantageous imo. You can do so much more. I'm not saying I like solo. No, Solo was a shitty idea and is totally out of place, but it is there and it has its own strengths and weaknesses.

Started playing ranked just to get my character rankings up again. Went 12-1 yesterday. I took a break for a while but I got back into it a month or two ago. It did me wonders. I've improved much more.

I got bodied by this dude who was within the same rank as me (early kyus) with a 20-0 online record. I was hellbent on giving him is first loss, but I couldn't even get a round on him, against his Bryan/Dragonuv team. Didn't help that I was my goofy team either, Bob/Forest. I want to actually get good with Forest though, since I just love his character.

I also realized that I can't really do jack shit when I'm being pressured as Lars, which is why that Unknown wrecked me so bad.

Great tools for escaping pressure are d+2, magic 4 (I'm not sure if Lars has one... I don't think he has) and jabs. A lot of the time, the pressure is not really pressure at all and negative on block, you just get caught in some bullshit trap. There's also the obvious, 'you can't get pressured if they don't hit you' so you move around a lot.

Got my Violet to Brawler finally and my Wang to Grand Master. Smh, I should have started playing ranked earlier. I played this godlike Heihachi and Feng. He was so good.

I wish my PS3 was good so I could body Kzaoo on the regular like usual :(

I was finally pulling off electrics like a friggin Korean too... well maybe a c-tier Korean, but Korean still.

I wish I had a ps3 :(.

I want to play all my fighting games right now damnit

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk