Hot Fix Part 2 - Patch Notes for Patch #2

Tim Static

UPDATED 6/14

28r38gl.png

TYM has received word that these "detective notes" received by Tom Brady are "mostly accurate" and are the closest thing we have right now to the "Official" list of patch notes for the most recent update. Although an official list should be posted soon, now is a good time to check these notes out and review your respective fighters and make the appropriate changes to your game-play, if necessary.

Again, these notes came from Tom Brady and are "officially-said" to be mostly accurate.

1. Kung Lao spin has 6 more negative frames on block.
2. Kung Lao cannot do any more then 2 dive kicks in corner combos.
3. Kung Lao hat loop removed.
4. Sindel infinite removed.
5. Sindel can link scream after her standing
fk.png
6. Ermac can no longer
bp.png
bp.png
~TKS
7. Reptile dash has more recovery on block.
8. Reptile
en.png
acid ball goes through projectiles.
9. Johnny Cage
en.png
shadow kick has armor.
10. Jade
en.png
staff overhead and
en.png
shadow kick have armor.
11. Nightwolf
en.png
shoulder has armor. also, his throw is no longer punished by a wake up attack.
12. Cyrax command grab now has a 10 frame window to break and can be broken with
fp.png
or
bp.png
13. Cyrax bomb trap removed.
14. Cyrax damage reset removed.
15. Smoke otg smoke bomb removed.
16. Sonya can no longer immediately cancel out of military stance with a dash cancel.
17. Jax
en.png
dash punch goes farther and has armor.
18. Jax can now cancel is ground pound with
r.png
r.png
or
l.png
l.png
19. Stryker no longer punished by wake up attack after Xray hits the opponent.
20. 11 frame tracking window on Shang close ground skull removed.
21. Kabal block infinite removed.
22. Raiden
l.png
+
fk.png
fp.png
bp.png
is now negative on block.
23. Raiden now falls slower after wiffed air superman allowing for and easier punish.
24. Quan Chi trance reset removed.
25. Quan chi can no longer skeletal boost after a trance trades with an attack.
26. Quan Chi is at less advantage after sky drop hits.
27. Quan Chi can now move after trance hits.
28. characters that got punished by a wake up attack after a ground breaker fixed.

Last edited:
Reactions: Eks
Re: Hot Fix Part 2 - Patch Notes for Tuesday

20. raiden no longer has adv after b312 and 334 are blocked. he is now at -1

I KNEW there was something wrong when I tried to punish him after b312 and I always ended up being hit...now Raiden is screwed

overall looks like good changes. the csz buffer window thing for bomb...is that so we dont accidently shoot it out during one of our combo strings or something?

and even though i dont play syndel, good to see she gets a scream juggle.

i was curious about the raiden thing too, but atm i have no real friends to play offline, so i figured it was lag.

kano upball i was expecting, though it sounds not as bad as i thought, it should be punishable on block imo anyways.

This game is starting to look pretty awesome and finally balanced.

Good changes overall.

Wat do they mean bu quan chi skydrop adv lessoned oh and also Skeletal boost after trance trade removed? Haha if anyone could tell me porfas haha

Any news on the respect point bug on ps3. I'm in fetal position right now because I keep losing freaking points

Is this hotfix already available? if it is. how is the easiest way to know if it was installed?

Seriously , taking out smokes otg is ****ing stupid. Just make the timing harder. Why the hell even have it angled towards the ground now. He might as well throw it like one of strykers grenades.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Omgomgomgomgomgomg!!!!!!!!

YUSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

These changes, all of them are sooooo delicious. Kung Lao no longer has his hat loop AND spin is more punishable. I'm loving it. Absolutely loving it.

IMPROVED ONLINE?!??!?! YUSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!

No more block infinites. No more guaranteed bomb traps after cyrax grab. No more people picking Kano just for his Upball. No more giant Smoke juggle after hopkick xx airgrab.
AND those Jax buffs are AMAAAZZZZZZZZZZINNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm freaking out right now. I'm so happy it's on Tuesday!! Just in time for CEO!!!

Last edited:

tuesday is my day off of work too :) going to be hitting my practice mode HARD

overall looks like good changes. the csz buffer window thing for bomb...is that so we dont accidently shoot it out during one of our combo strings or something?

It's probably so dash-up 332 or dash-up 34 will actually work more consistently. It kind of sucked that that is basically his best mixup up close but if you dash forward and do it you'll get the bomb command instead.

These changes are good, no doubt. Cyrax bomb trap and Kung Lao hat loop are serious issues regarding bringing annoying unfair advantage against all others characters, so, I hope the patch really bring solution for this.

Smoke OTG is another stuff that was explored a lot, so, was just a matter of time until it would come to the end ..... it was about time.

It's irritating seeing newbies online that you clearly see that are not such skilled, but, they are smart to learn fast all these "dirty tricks" in MK 2011, and next, trying to spam them all against you ..... lol !

It's probably so dash-up 332 or dash-up 34 will actually work more consistently. It kind of sucked that that is basically his best mixup up close but if you dash forward and do it you'll get the bomb command instead.

thought as much. though ive only had the bomb come out twice when doing that so far, ive heard other people have much more trouble with it. wouldve rather had the adjustment/removal of the negative edge in this game, but ill take what i can get.

Seriously , taking out smokes otg is ****ing stupid. Just make the timing harder. Why the hell even have it angled towards the ground now. He might as well throw it like one of strykers grenades.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

it was never supposed to hit otg, it's a glitch
(so I've heard)

I'm glad to see the tweaks with Quan Chi. His Stomp is nasty right now. It's pretty much undodgeable. Being able to move after the Trance is good, too.

And They Not Fix Worst Special Move In Game Sonya KISS ? If they Not Fix It Someone Will Die !!!

I'm definitely digging this hot fix. I don't play as Jax much, but my friend loves him and his EX Dash Punch seems much better now. Kung Lao's hat loop definitely needed fixing, as did Smoke's OTG. I'm not crying nerf, those are simply glitches that weren't meant to function as they do. The Sonya and Kabal infinites obviously needed fixing. Raiden's fix is a good one. Sindel's Scream is now useful lol, which could turn a couple more people to the side of a slightly underrated zoner. Cyber Sub-Zero got a nice little pick-me-up as well.

All things I appreciate haha.