Hot Fix Part 2 - Patch Notes for Patch #2

Re: Hot Fix Part 2 - Patch Notes for Tuesday

I seriously still can't believe it's not coming before CEO....

In the back of my mind I'm still optimistic that miracle will happen. For about 2 months now I've been waiting for CEO and was super happy because I knew NRS would patch the game before then because they made it clear that it would be patched between the last weeks of May and the starting days of this month.

And now this...
I feel like I've wasted my admission money to enter CEO's MK tourny....
At least I know I entered Tekken and have a solid chance in placing in it, but I really came mostly for MK....

Miracle please happen.

Isn't there a huge difference between a hotfix, and a patch? One needs approval from the Microsoft/Sony(patch) and the hotfix doesn't...

From my understanding or lack thereof patch should contain the netcode fix, and the hotfix should contain all those balance tweaks.....

This please NRS.

Anything... please....

Hmm. Your avatar fits quite nicely.

When is CEO and how long are we expected to wait?

CEO is this weekend and no idea how long of a wait.

Word is also their might be more fixes so dont take the list of changes as final.

NRS said:
No official announcement has been made regarding any patches.

Well id say if anything you should be happy sipmilk, but you actually can play Kano, you don't upball when your up in my face with us both on the ground as much as most Kano players.

Kano's toward down back toward (forgot what it's called) would be used instead of upball if the input was as fast as upball's is and the recovery time. Upball right now really makes Kano a newbs choice for playing online with, so the actual Kano players like yourself should be happy that there will be a little less Kano's around. If I started to see a lot of people playing Mileena I would probably switch to Jade (or Stryker) as she's quickly becoming my 2nd main now anyway.

I agree with Circus.

Cater to the tournament fans all you want, but you're giving everyone else (like me) a HUGE **** you. This is ****ing ridiculous.

It's not like they're not releasing the patch. It's just getting postponed, and there's nothing aside from speculation that the delay is due to cater to the tourney scene.

how do you guys know they are delaying the patch? i heard nothing about that. if i hadn't looked at this i still thought it was being released tomorrow.

Well id say if anything you should be happy sipmilk, but you actually can play Kano, you don't upball when your up in my face with us both on the ground as much as most Kano players.

Kano's toward down back toward (forgot what it's called) would be used instead of upball if the input was as fast as upball's is and the recovery time. Upball right now really makes Kano a newbs choice for playing online with, so the actual Kano players like yourself should be happy that there will be a little less Kano's around. If I started to see a lot of people playing Mileena I would probably switch to Jade (or Stryker) as she's quickly becoming my 2nd main now anyway.

The patch itself is wonderful saibot.... it's the fact that it's not coming in time for CEO that's seriously depressing me.
As good as I am, if I run into someone who infinites or a Kung Lao who EX hat loops 3 times in a row for 90% dmg... I'm going to lose.

When the patch does come, sure I'll be really happy that Kano will return back to the character he use to be before the ridiculous Upball, but then I have to wait until practically next year for another major to come to a city near me....
So not only am I suffering, but the thousands of people who are going to watch Revelations and CEO are going to see competitive MK play as some gigantic joke game.

I'm so over it.... this sucks so ****ing much.

i hope it is, some guy said he had evidence the patch was being delayed until after ceo. this person was a big tourney name which gives his words some weight. is it possible hes wrong? absolutly, though, i wouldnt bet on it.

The patch itself is wonderful saibot.... it's the fact that it's not coming in time for CEO that's seriously depressing me.
As good as I am, if I run into someone who infinites or a Kung Lao who EX hat loops 3 times in a row for 90% dmg... I'm going to lose.

When the patch does come, sure I'll be really happy that Kano will return back to the character he use to be before the ridiculous Upball, but then I have to wait until practically next year for another major to come to a city near me....
So not only am I suffering, but the thousands of people who are going to watch Revelations and CEO are going to see competitive MK play as some gigantic joke game.

I'm so over it.... this sucks so ****ing much.

Yea its stupid and could easily have been avoided but oh well, we just need to to have a epic online tournament after the patch/hotfix.

WHY! did they have to touch Quan Chi god damn it. im going to be pissed if they make his skydrop unusable. they already made it unusable after the trance ! i hate this . it nice that you can move after trance now , you'll be able to jump punch in im guessing, SWEET!

Why aren't they hotfixing CSZ's Ice Counter? that move is broken, OP, and spammable. It counters everything and can be done one after another.

Why aren't they hotfixing CSZ's Ice Counter? that move is broken, OP, and spammable. It counters everything and can be done one after another.

It always ends at the same time and when it does he's vulnerable to full combo. It's not that great. If you know your opponent is spamming it, then bait him into doing it, wait, and punish. Or if you don't want to bother getting the timing down then just throw a projectile if you think he's going to do it.

"Broken" come on now...

Last edited:

I don't even think I'm going to ReveLAtions anymore. There is honestly no point. No matter how good I am, I can't beat infinites or loops that take 70% damage in one swoop. Let alone all there's gonna be is Kung Lao/Raiden players. The MK scene isn't looking too good from my point of view. NRS is catering to the people like Jwong who would cry like little girls if there's tweaks to their ever so precious "godlike" characters. Seriously, all of us had to train to get good against Kung Lao, but Lao players get one more big Evo qualifier with their broken character. ******** dude, straight up ********. Plus it's no fun seeing 3,657,890 Kung Kao players at tournaments. It's also no fun seeing wack SF and MvC players take over this scene.

The problem is no one cares enough to dedicate the time to different characters. If there is one more Scorpion/Smoke tag team where all the person does is square,square,square, teleport and Spam bombs/teleport with Smoke, I may kill myself. Justin Wong is shit at this game, but he looks godlike to more than half of you because all you do is use the "kewl" characters like Scorpion. We need more serious players. I can't stand to play online anymore. It's not worth it. Today I seriously beat a Scorpion user WITH MY EYES CLOSED. That's how bad it is.

For now, I may be saying bye bye to the MK scene for a while. It's honestly not even fun anymore.

I hear you DCP, lets just see how things go after the patch and hope for the best. I hate Kung Lao, ive never hated something in a video game as much as I hate Kung Lao. Kano's upball is currently just ****ing ridiculous right now but he is more manageable to fight then Kung Lao my opinion or at very least there both equally a pain in the ass.

So anyone reading this that has not ever fought me, let me give one of many similar stories/scenario's to give a example of why Kung Lao is broken and the the 2nd if not the first easiest character in the MK roster to use.

Just 30min from the time im posting this I fought a Kung Lao player 5-6 times and he came out with one win up on me. Sounds like some good back & forth matches right?

Well we end up playing one more game and he decided not to pick Kung Lao, he picks Noobsaibot. He didn't a scratch on me both rounds, yes I got two flawless victories on him and he was very much attacking (or trying to). Obviously this player isn't that good, obviously I kept pressuring him with overhead punch combos & mix ups and he wasn't the best at blocking.

^ That is like one out of many scenarios I get with Kung Lao players and Kano players on weekly basis. If a player does not know a little more then just what he is doing and doesn't pick Kung or Kano they straight get murdered.

I have a whole library of hate mail, a long list of names and the some of the shit people come up with is just asininely funny.

...no matter how good i am, i can't beat infinites or loops that take 70% damage in one swoop....

...nrs is catering to the people like jwong who would cry like little girls if there's tweaks to their ever so precious "godlike" characters....

....plus it's no fun seeing 3,657,890 kung kao players at tournaments. ...

....it's also no fun seeing wack sf and mvc players take over this scene...!!!

....if there is one more scorpion/smoke tag team where all the person does is square,square,square, teleport and spam bombs/teleport with smoke, i may kill myself....

....justin wong is shit at this game, but he looks godlike to more than half of you because all you do is use the "kewl" characters like scorpion. We need more serious players. I can't stand to play online anymore. It's not worth it....

no doubt bro! I agree with everything 100%

I don't even think I'm going to ReveLAtions anymore. There is honestly no point. No matter how good I am, I can't beat infinites or loops that take 70% damage in one swoop. Let alone all there's gonna be is Kung Lao/Raiden players. The MK scene isn't looking too good from my point of view. NRS is catering to the people like Jwong who would cry like little girls if there's tweaks to their ever so precious "godlike" characters. Seriously, all of us had to train to get good against Kung Lao, but Lao players get one more big Evo qualifier with their broken character. ******** dude, straight up ********. Plus it's no fun seeing 3,657,890 Kung Kao players at tournaments. It's also no fun seeing wack SF and MvC players take over this scene.

The problem is no one cares enough to dedicate the time to different characters. If there is one more Scorpion/Smoke tag team where all the person does is square,square,square, teleport and Spam bombs/teleport with Smoke, I may kill myself. Justin Wong is shit at this game, but he looks godlike to more than half of you because all you do is use the "kewl" characters like Scorpion. We need more serious players. I can't stand to play online anymore. It's not worth it. Today I seriously beat a Scorpion user WITH MY EYES CLOSED. That's how bad it is.

For now, I may be saying bye bye to the MK scene for a while. It's honestly not even fun anymore.

I disagree with you DCP, you should still attend the tournament imho.
JC is a good character even against the broken ones, Tom Brady used him against PerfectLegend broken Kung Lao and the fights were even...give it a try man ;)

this is nothing against you personally, but if you are getting owned by the ice parry, you are refusing to slow down your rushgame and think. or hte opponent is flat out reading your patterns and punishing you for them.

iceparry stops rushdown. it has fast startup, but is easily punishable, i fought a player who refused to slow down, as such he got hit by my iceparry 5 times in one match, not my fault he couldnt tell i was doing it every single time hed wakeup (he refused to not do a wakeup attack) and everytime i teleported.

iceparry is similar to smokes teleport in the effect that it punishes stupidity and people complain if they refuse to adapt. in the case of parry, just wait a extra second before you hit your combo string, and you get your full combo on him.

Ok can some one explain to me exactly what is going to happen to Raiden combos? Does this mean I can't continue a combo after b321 or 334? If this is true does this mean Raiden has no juggle combos know? I mean why they even touch Raiden he wasn't over powered!

Please explain this!

Ok can some one explain to me exactly what is going to happen to Raiden combos? Does this mean I can't continue a combo after b321 or 334? If this is true does this mean Raiden has no juggle combos know? I mean why they even touch Raiden he wasn't over powered!

Please explain this!

it was already explained if youd take the time to read.

right now if you do those strings and they are blocked, you still have advantage meaning we cannot counter attack you (which is the norm for combo strings). they changed it so they no longer have teh advantage, so if you do those strings nad they get blocked, we actually have a chance to retaliate now.

Releasing a huge game-breaking patch right before one major tournament is not a smart move. Very thoughtful of NRS to delay the patch, IMHO. At least for the tournament scene, which has been incredibly supported in this first month of MK9..

yeh better support the 50 guys who play tournaments instead of the millions who wanna play online without lag... better choice ofc.

noob needs to be touched up, first he needs a pop up and second theres a few good combos that u should be able to link the slide or the tele slam with,please get it fixed NRS. what about liu kang they have to nerf his cheap simple 3 hit combo i really hope they fixed that annoying crap.

Noob does not need a Buff, he is fine. There are just other Charakters which are over the top currently, get them nerfed and Noob will be better then because of that.