Hot Fix Part 2 - Patch Notes for Patch #2

Re: Hot Fix Part 2 - Patch Notes for Tuesday

an somebody explain the no more infinite? does it means u have to wait a few seconds before u perform it again? answers please.

An infinite is when there is a series of moves that can be done continuosly and that can't be broken. Sonya had a block infinite, which worked on blocking opponents. The only way you have to get out of it was to take the hit or use a Breaker.

CEO is this weekend, so I presume we'll receive the patch next tuesday?

I'm surprised they wouldn't push harder to get patch out before ceo instead of waiting. Something smells like money

if kung laos spin pops u up in the air for like 3 hours than his nerf means nothing, his spin is super safe,quick and u can perform at anytime.

Not true at all. The pop-up was never the problem. The problem was the strict timing required to punish because of the pushback. The pushback will be decreased by 90%, thus making it much easier to punish. Obviously the Spin is still a problem for sloppy players or for the inevitable mistake that everyone makes, but now his Spin is easily punishable for those who play smart against Kung Lao. This nerf is a pretty big deal for a number of people.

I'm surprised they wouldn't push harder to get patch out before ceo instead of waiting. Something smells like money

It's a hot fix, not paid content. I can't see how waiting til after CEO would make them more money than releasing it beforehand. Seems like they're just taking as much time as they need for this hot fix. *shrugs*

Releasing a huge game-breaking patch right before one major tournament is not a smart move. Very thoughtful of NRS to delay the patch, IMHO. At least for the tournament scene, which has been incredibly supported in this first month of MK9..

Releasing a huge game-breaking patch right before one major tournament is not a smart move. Very thoughtful of NRS to delay the patch, IMHO. At least for the tournament scene, which has been incredibly supported in this first month of MK9..

i have a difference in opinion. basically it changes the game to make it more balanced, taking out cheap ass tricks that have no real place in the competitive field. to not implement this just seems counterproductive and confusing in terms of intent.

just because someone spent the time working on a block infinite, doesnt mean they should be rewarded for it, or you can look at it as the reward is bringing it to nrs's attention so they can patch it asap.

So, instead, we get Kung Lao mirrors, Kabal block infinites and the online is still garbage.

I really like to believe that NRS wants the patch asap but it is currently under certification from Sony and MS.

So basically, here Justin Wong win again with an OP character. Cool.

So it's not coming out tomorrow? What?... I seriously don't understand....
This means there is still going to be people relying on infinites and horrible tactics that are going to get taken out eventually....

I'm seriously heartbroken right now. I'm going to CEO this friday and thought I wouldn't have to deal with any of this bull. NRS why not tomorrow? This is absolutely ridiculous. I hope this isn't true. I seriously seriously HOPE that this isn't true.

Absolutely, 1000000000% disagree.

You probably didn't see UFGT7 which was another major held not too long ago where NRS developers personally attended. The whole time all you would see is top ranked players getting eaten alive by Kabal's block infinite and players getting free wins with Kung Lao's EX Hat loop that does almost 100% health if you have 3 bars.

That is completely unacceptable.
I swear if this is true and the patch isn't coming by CEO I will lose a good chunk of respect for NRS. There is a HUGE turnout for MK at CEO and there's going to be an even HUGER audience watching the stream. All they are going to see is infinites and nonsense now like UFGT7.

Many competitive players who are hesitant in getting MK9 are looking at these majors and determining whether or not they should get it for it's balance and game engine. And if they see the SAME EXACT bull shit that they saw in UFGT7 they're going to continue to think MK9 is a piece of shit for a game. I wouldn't be surprised if some players who have the game already would stop playing all together.

Bad idea NRS. Seriously really really really bad idea. I've literally never been disappointed in NRS until right now.
They personally saw the sadness in every MK player in UFGT7 as infinite users were moving on in the brackets, and now at CEO, an even bigger majors, they're going to see it on a much larger scale.

NRS PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THAT'S GOOD!!!!!!!!!!! PATCH THE GAME TOMORROW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

Absolutely. 1000000000% disagree.

You probably didn't see UFGT7 which was another major held not too long ago where NRS developers personally attended. The whole time all you would see is top ranked players getting eaten alive by Kabal's block infinite and players getting free wins with Kung Lao's EX Hat loop that does almost 100% health if you have 3 bars.

That is completely unacceptable.
I swear if this is true and the patch isn't coming by CEO I will lose a good chunk of respect for NRS. There is a HUGE turnout for MK at CEO and there's going to be an even HUGER audience watching the stream. All they are going to see is infinites and nonsense now like UFGT7.

Many competitive players who are hesitant in getting MK9 are looking at these majors and determining whether or not they should get it for it's balance and game engine. And if they see the SAME EXACT bull shit that they saw in UFGT7 they're going to continue to think MK9 is a piece of shit for a game. I wouldn't be surprised if some players who have the game already would stop playing all together.

Bad idea NRS. Seriously really really really bad idea.

Oh and it's not just CEO dude. ReveLAtions is at the same time as CEO over here in Los Angeles. I already registered after hearing about the patch, now I don't even know if I want to go. What's the point?

nothingrhymeswithcircus articulates my thoughts better then i did lol

I agree with Circus.

Cater to the tournament fans all you want, but you're giving everyone else (like me) a HUGE **** you. This is ****ing ridiculous.

Sindel's scream is fixed? That's all I needed to know.

Isn't there a huge difference between a hotfix, and a patch? One needs approval from the Microsoft/Sony(patch) and the hotfix doesn't...

From my understanding or lack thereof patch should contain the netcode fix, and the hotfix should contain all those balance tweaks.....

So it's not coming out tomorrow? What?... I seriously don't understand....
This means there is still going to be people relying on infinites and horrible tactics that are going to get taken out eventually....

NRS PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THAT'S GOOD!!!!!!!!!!! PATCH THE GAME TOMORROW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You got that right.

I can't believe that NRS is going to destroy everyone's hopes up at a time like this. I may not be going to these upcoming competitive events, but I can already predict the outcome of both of them like DCP. Believe me, I know a loudmouth online that is happy with the news of the patch being delayed, so he can keep cheap streaks up online.

I think I know why they are doing this though. When a patch changes a character to a point that may affect their playstyle, (example, Quan Chi is going to be comepletely different)NRS assumes some players believe it is unfair as it may impede their training with that character. Lets say they do patch on Tuesday, and you are 3 days to get used to adapt to your characters changes before a tournament, you have to change your entire gameplan with that character with that little time.

In my personal opinion, we should've been prepared for such changes, WE NEED THE PATCH NOW. Pretty much everyone knew the issues with specific characters that were broken. I am always ahead of the game, with Quan Chi I no longer use the rune trap nor the teleport stomp reset. Circus is in the same line, I had great matches with him, and he is as cautious with Kano's upball as if it were as unsafe as before.

noob needs to be touched up, first he needs a pop up and second theres a few good combos that u should be able to link the slide or the tele slam with,please get it fixed NRS. what about liu kang they have to nerf his cheap simple 3 hit combo i really hope they fixed that annoying crap.

noob needs to be touched up, first he needs a pop up and second theres a few good combos that u should be able to link the slide or the tele slam with,please get it fixed NRS. what about liu kang they have to nerf his cheap simple 3 hit combo i really hope they fixed that annoying crap.

as a noob player im unsure if his combos should be extended. his combos outside of the corner compliment his zoning game perfectly. in the corner he can do 40% combos rather easily.

Oh my gawd in all serousnous all we need is a patch/hotfix to improve the lag online. They can leave Kano as is, Kung lao as is, they can do whatever they want with Quan Chi and or whoever else. Im so use to fighting Kano & Kung Lao now it really doesn't matter honestly to me.