Kabal Question and Survey

Thirteenthorder

Hi all!

I've recently deemed Kabal cool enough to join as my 3rd main alongside Cyrax and Smoke (haha)

But one of his moves it just perplexing. I know what Kabal's Nomad Dash does obviously. But exactly what the hell does EX Nomad Dash do? I don't see any extra effects/features, and any help with knowing exactly what it does would be appreciated.

Secondly, a survey. Kabal is a great character and all but I find that he is utterly destroyed by true Zoners. Yeah Kabal can Zone (to a degree). But nothing to the likes of Sindel or Noob. And ofcourse he doesn't have a teleport of any sort.

So my question is, should his Nomad Dash have projectile invincibility? My opinion is that the EX version should ATLEAST.

I mean, it may just be my reliance on Teleport Characters

-Cyrax can teleport and shut down zoning (and even zone a little with bombs)

-Smoke can shut down any type of zoning game in a NUMBER of ways (Shake and Teleport shut zoning down while dealing damage at the same time. Smoke Away/Towards goes right through projectiles

-Kabal: Uhh, I've got nothing.

Tell me what you think!

I'm pretty sure his enhanced nomad dash does have projectile invincibility. it's not immediate but when he turns purple he is invincible to projectiles, it just takes good timing to use.

I'm pretty sure his enhanced nomad dash does have projectile invincibility. it's not immediate but when he turns purple he is invincible to projectiles, it just takes good timing to use.

Really now? I'll have to test this out in the lab once I get home. I hope it's true!

@Reptile - If this is the case, I'll find it to be quite stupid. Regular Nomad Dash is fast enough already :U

His EX Nomad Dash seems to be able, to a very short time and little degree, to do it.

Well, the well use of his saw low blades, when mastered, is deadly, even more the EX version of it. It's a very good projectile against projectiles wars.

His EX Nomad Dash seems to be able, to a very short time and little degree, to do it.

Well, the well use of his saw low blades, when mastered, is deadly, even more the EX version of it. It's a very good projectile against projectiles wars.

To a degree: Ground Saw won't do crap against a Noob who knows the value of a well-placed Teleport or a Sindel who is proficient with her Air Fireballs

to use Kabal you must master the foword 3, 2 string and use his pop up (back1,2,1) a lot. his ex dash can take one hit if you know how to use it. also you will find that after his pop up resetting with foword 4 works wonders. if you hit someone off a air fireball try to dash them.

to use Kabal you must master the foword 3, 2 string and use his pop up (back1,2,1) a lot. his ex dash can take one hit if you know how to use it. also you will find that after his pop up resetting with foword 4 works wonders. if you hit someone off a air fireball try to dash them.

Word. Hard time with both.

I usually use F3,2 after his B1,2,1 popup and cancel into either Nomad Dash or his D,B,2 Special. So no worries there. It's just the master zoners (Noob, Sindel, Shang) that I have issues with.

I usually use F3,2 after his B1,2,1 popup and cancel into either Nomad Dash or his D,B,2 Special. So no worries there. It's just the master zoners (Noob, Sindel, Shang) that I have issues with.

okay when i fight against zoners i try to get in close by canceling my dash or by using ex dash. sometimes i zone back but that is not safe when fighting noob

against noob i would bait his teleport, and against sindel i would try to get in close. and shang i would zone right back.

His EX nomad dash is faster and has armor on start up, meaning it can absorb a hit(projectiles too) and still cover the whole screen and spin the opponent.

His zoning is mostly abusing his instant air fireball. If you find the sweet spot then Kabal can play a good zoning game with it. The best part about it, is that if a fireball hits the opponent in the air you can follow with a nomad dash for a combo.

As far as playing against zoners, if you don't like zoning back, you can use dash block or nomad dash cancel to close the distance.

EDIT: The F3,2 should always be your basic string. It can be cancelled into a command grab(overhead) or a ground saw(low). F3,2 nomad dash also gives you a combo but try not to use it on block.

you might just have to go oldschool and dashblock/timed jumps. im looking to make kabal my 4th (with kano being third) and i have csz and noob atm.

i spent 3 hours last night trying to figure out who to make my 3rd and 4th characters, testing combos/hit strings/specials, low/overheads, etc. kabal and kano won out :p, nightwolf was close...but i dont really feel the indian vibe

also if you try to jump over a fire ball you must see the fire ball and if they shot a delayed fire ball i would use Kabals fire ball to keep you in the air for a little longer and then use the ground saw if you land safely

Yeah I main Kabal and sometimes its harder vs a good Noob player than a good Kung Lao. A trick I do vs noob is I always bait him out. I jump over one or two of his ground clones then when I'm close jump in and instant fireball, this usually makes the noob player throw out his anti air clone and then I nomad dash as soon as I hit the ground. This is usually how I get In close. Once I'm close I pressure F3,2, etc

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

ub,b1

You basically use the jump backwards command by pressing up and back and immediately follow with b1

Interesting points. Do you guys have any tips on how to execute this "Instant Fireball"?

edit: thanks to MKblades post i figured it out. i was trying to press up then back but when he said you press the jump back command it clicked for me. b+u at the sametime for the backjump derp...i feel dum. with mkblades suggestion taking 1 direcitonal input away, its actually quite easy, not as hard as i thought.

The normal Nomad Dash and the EX Nomad Dash must be cancelled with B+BLK. The EX version grants you one hit of armor and it's a bit faster. A good use for it is when they are going to projectile, you can go right through it. You'll still take damage but since you have armor you will still spin them.

To be a good Kabal player you have to be proficient with Nomad Dash canceling, it's great to throw people off and cover distance. If you Nomad Dash then cancel you can quickly cover the screen and not even have to worry about zoners. Some times I like to dash then cancel with a ground blade.

You also need to be good with instant air fireballs. You should hardly ever use fireballs while grounded, always use them in the air. If you jump backwards then press B+1 really quickly you will do it. Watch this video to see what I mean.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HmcgxDyTeZ0

Also nice taste in characters, I use those 3 also. If you want any more info on Kabal or any other character just go here.

http://testyourmight.com/forum/showthread.php?2679-GUIDE-Kabal

Last edited:
Thanks Immortal! We're just cool like that haha

Now in the video you posted, most of Kabal's fireballs dissipated before reaching the opponent. Why is that?

I don't know, they don't dissapear for me. It's kind of hard to do them on a pad though. But I just usually do them in the air as an AA fireball. Still useful.