MK Gold

does anybody know if this game is worth buying? i havent really gotten a straight answer yet, but from what i have been hearing, it is like an expansion to MK4 with new characters. is this true?

I think it's an expansion to MK4. I'm not sure. Might as well get it anyway to collect :D .

Basically, it is to MK4 what UMK3 was to MK3. It's MK4 with Kitana, Mileena, Sektor, Cyrax, Baraka and some others, as well as added backgrounds. If you liked MK4, and you own a Dreamcast, you might as well pick it up, especially since I'm sure it'll be cheap if you can find it.

You should get it. I had it on my dreamcast and everything has improved. Theres now also Baraka, Kung Lao, Kitana, Mileena, Cyrax and Sektor. Also, graphics are better and endings look very good.

DeathcoreRyknow said:
Basically, it is to MK4 what UMK3 was to MK3. It's MK4 with Kitana, Mileena, Sektor, Cyrax, Baraka and some others, as well as added backgrounds. If you liked MK4, and you own a Dreamcast, you might as well pick it up, especially since I'm sure it'll be cheap if you can find it.

nah no ttrue. mk gol ddid nothing new for hte gameplay. mk3--->umk3 was like mk1 to mk2. a huge improvement

I can see the point you are trying to make SolidSkorpion, as the in game fighting style in MK:DA is similar to MK:D. However the better choice of characters, better Fatalities, the improved Konquest mode, puzzle mode, chess mode, and online play all contribute to making it a better game than MK:DA and MK Gold. I still prefer Mk Gold to MK:DA however, it's my opinion, i'm not saying that everyone should agree with me, thats just how I feel. :D

Hoedayfah said:
nah no ttrue. mk gol ddid nothing new for hte gameplay. mk3--->umk3 was like mk1 to mk2. a huge improvement

The jump from MK3 to UMK3 wasn't even close to the jump from MK1 to MK2, don't kid yourself. MK2 vastly improved the graphics, the speed, the combat, the combos, nearly doubled the fighters and backgrounds, doubled the fatalities, and added Babalities and Friendships. And all that is just the beginning.

UMK3, on the other hand, ran on the exact same hardware as MK3, had the exact same graphics, the exact same fighting system, and the exact same number of finishing moves per character. All it did was add a few palette swap characters, a few new backgrounds, and a feature that let you start a combo with a jumping punch or kick. While that's surely an improvement, it's nothing compared to the improvement MK2 was over MK1.

That's precisely the same deal as MK Gold. They took MK4, added some characters, added some backgrounds, and that's it. Now, if you want to talk about the improvement that MK Trilogy was over MK3, that's a different story.

anybody know where to get the rom.. by any chance?

i spent all day yesterday looking for it to no avail.