Cyber Sub Zero getting Unmasked MK3 Sub Zero costume?

krazyhugo

Well here are FOUR reasons this should happen:

1. All cyborgs in this game have as alternate costume their human appearances (and about to get MK3 outfit too) while Cyber Sub Zero has none.
2. All of his moves can easily be adapted to a human alternate:

-Ice ball: Easy
-Ice Bomb: Can be some kind of ice spike popping out of the ground after Sub zero put his hand on the ground, a bit like SZ did in MK Legacy. It could be summoned close, medium, far and 3 simultaneously for the enhanced version.
-Slide: Easy
-Teleport: Could be like Cyrax but with some ice or water effect.
-Ice parry: Easy
-Divekick (close and far): Easy
-His combos are not robotical and can easly be performed by a human
-His X-Ray move can easily be performed by a human
-His Fatality 1: He can just charge ice instead of pressing buttons (see human cyrax net Fatality)
-His Fatality 2: He can throw the shurikens with his hand easily.

Edit: His Babality can easily be done too!!

Unmasked Sub Zero looked fast and agile, CSZ seems more suited for this alternate than (Regular) Sub Zero...

3. Some of us (me included) are big fans of unmasked SZ with his cicatrice on and would very much enjoy this costume. It is an immediate seller for NRS! Guess what, since NRS is so lazy they won't have to do a lot of work to adapt CSZ moves to USZ (Unmasked Sub Zero). They don't have to explain why he has that appearance, long time fans would know ;)

4. A lot of people dont like CSZ but giving him that costume will push a lot of people to play as him.

WHAT DO YOU GUYZ THINK ABOUT THIS?? SHOULD WE TWITTER TO @NOOBDE, @MK_MORTALKOMBAT AND @NINJABOY66 THE LINK TO THIS THREAD TO INSPIRE THEM??

Last edited:
This'd be great to me. If there is an MK3 costume pack that comes out, I think Cyber Subby should get the unmasked default Sub-Zero costume and human Sub-Zero should get the Classic Sub-Zero outfit from UMK3.

Last edited:
Agree totally! I thought the same thing. I don't play with cyber sub much but his MK3 getup would make me play with him. I like how you thought up the specials. He should get one of his MK3 fatalities too.

C'mon NRS you say you listen to us so I expect to see this DLC by august!

Agree totally! I thought the same thing. I don't play with cyber sub much but his MK3 getup would make me play with him. I like how you thought up the specials. He should get one of his MK3 fatalities too.

C'mon NRS you say you listen to us so I expect to see this DLC by august!

Thanks. I tweeted Ed, MK_Mortal Kombat and Rigo Cortes about this hopefully they listen.

Last edited:
What about... HELL NO

We already have Sub-Zero that is awesome and better than CSZ, also unmasked SZ was the worst Sub-Zero look ever, and I said this in another thread Sub-Zero is a ninja and should never be unmasked again, that MK3/MKDA looks were really lame.

What about... HELL NO

We already have Sub-Zero that is awesome and better than CSZ, also unmasked SZ was the worst Sub-Zero look ever, and I said this in another thread Sub-Zero is a ninja and should never be unmasked again, that MK3/MKDA looks were really lame.

Given that SZ chose to serve Earthrealm and is not an assassin for hire anymore he doesnt need to hide his face...NRS seems to like the idea of uncovering a Ninja's face when he decides to fight for good. Look how much of Smoke's face is uncovered in MK9 during MK3 when he decides to fight with Raiden. Another exemple of that is Cyrax in MKDA, his face was shown in his alternate (he decided to fight against evil)

Last edited:
Given that SZ chose to serve Earthrealm and is not an assassin for hire anymore he doesnt need to hide his face...NRS seems to like the idea of uncovering a Ninja face when he decides to fight for good. Look how much of Smoke face is uncovered in MK9 during MK3 when he decides to fight with Raiden. Another exemple of that is Cyrax in MKDA, his face was shown in his alternate (he decided to fight against evil)

You are wrong in the reasons.

- Cyrax removed his mask because he wanted to be human again or at least the most human he could.
- Sub-Zero's mask was removed in MK3 because people confused Bi-Han with Kuai Liang, fortunly they make him a ninja again in MK4 and commited the mistake again of unmasking him in DA, but then he got his ninja look again in MKD, MKA, MKvsDC and MK9.
- Smoke is masked but NRS removed the hood in his main to make him more different, Rain's hood was removed in MKA and he is evil so that is not sign of being good. Fortunly they made a masked alt for Smoke, because is impossible to me play with his main.

Choosing the good side doesnt make them to remove their masks is just a coincidence, like explained above. I personally think that the ninjas must remain masked, they should not remove the mask of any ninja, I hope Rain keeps his mask/veil if he comes as DLC i'd be very dissapointed if he's realesed unmasked.

You are wrong in the reasons.

- Cyrax removed his mask because he wanted to be human again or at least the most human he could.
- Sub-Zero's mask was removed in MK3 because people confused Bi-Han with Kuai Liang, fortunly they make him a ninja again in MK4 and commited the mistake again of unmasking him in DA, but then he got his ninja look again in MKD, MKA, MKvsDC and MK9.
- Smoke is masked but NRS removed the hood in his main to make him more different, Rain's hood was removed in MKA and he is evil so that is not sign of being good. Fortunly they made a masked alt for Smoke, because is impossible to me play with his main.

Choosing the good side doesnt make them to remove their masks is just a coincidence, like explained above. I personally think that the ninjas must remain masked, they should not remove the mask of any ninja, I hope Rain keeps his mask/veil if he comes as DLC i'd be very dissapointed if he's realesed unmasked.

You are entitled to your opinion...Either way, people will be more tempted to play CSZ and unlike you NRS doesnt mind revealing ninjas's faces (or at least a big part of it). Plus the purpose of the mask and hood for Ninjas is to hide their identities when they go on killing missions. At home or in the dojo they dont cover their faces.

This isnt Halo where the masterchief's face cant be seen

You are entitled to your opinion...Either way, people will be more tempted to play CSZ and unlike you NRS doesnt mind revealing ninjas's faces (or at least a big part of it). Plus the purpose of the mask and hood for Ninjas is to hide their identities when they go on killing missions. At home or in the dojo they dont cover their faces.

This isnt Halo where the masterchief's face cant be seen

I dont agree, ninjas must be masked IMO.

Anyway...Why call a character Cyber Sub-Zero if he is not a cyborg? It doesnt make sense, we have normal Sub-Zero for that purpose and they are 2 different characters. Cyrax and Sektor are different cases because they dont have a human version as a different character but CSZ does, and it's Sub-Zero.

If you want an unmasked alt for normal Sub-Zero thats fine (but i dont agree) but Sub-Zero as human and Cyber Sub-Zero with a human alt... sorry im not trying to offend you, but the idea itself is retarded.

Last edited:
He is not called "Cyber Sub Zero", You never hear "Cyber Sub Zero wins" or anyone calling him "Cyber Sub Zero" in story mode in this game, never. No offence taken, but the idea is far from retarded. And I already explained why ninjas are masked and why they can remove their masks. I guess we will have to agree to disagree on this one.

I agree with everything Fox17 has said..
His name is Cyber Sub Zero... If you want to play a human version of him pick Sub Zero
You are basically asking for another human Sub Zero that fights differently than regular Sub Zero
and also Unmasked Sub Zero.. no thank you

I agree with everything Fox17 has said..
His name is Cyber Sub Zero... If you want to play a human version of him pick Sub Zero
You are basically asking for another human Sub Zero that fights differently than regular Sub Zero
and also Unmasked Sub Zero.. no thank you

No, Im asking for an alternate costume for Cyber Sub Zero (his name is Sub Zero, Cyber is just to make a difference. Proof is you never hear Cyber Sub Zero in the game) that would be much faster than the human sub zero already available. Yes, unmasked Sub Zero.

He is not called "Cyber Sub Zero", You never hear "Cyber Sub Zero wins" or anyone calling him "Cyber Sub Zero" in story mode in this game, never. No offence taken, but the idea is far from retarded. And I already explained why ninjas are masked and why they can remove their masks. I guess we will have to agree to disagree on this one.

His name in selection screen is Cyber Sub-Zero, his name in the life bar is Cyber Sub-Zero

It seems you dont like CSZ, and like Sal8a said you want a new SZ with CSZ's moves... if you like CSZ moveset play him but if you want to play human Sub-Zero play him, you are requesting a rare hybrid of SZ with CSZ moveset.