Tag Discussion

Re: Was tag team necessary?

I am optimistic about it but we haven't seen much footage, thats for sure. I hope it's not just an addition to the game. I am hoping there is some actual depth involved. If its as good as I am hoping it is I will spend a majority of the time in Tag Team mode.

the devs announced at the machinima live stream that you can do three different tag entrances. the first is a standard tag entrance where you enter the stage and tag out your partner, the second is where you enter the stage for a few seconds as you do an attack and then leave the stage again without being tagged in and the third is where you enter the stage by continuing the combo set up by your partner which then tags your partner out.

what was necessary was allowing 2 friends to play on the same team over the internet and theyre not doing that and that is the ONLY gripe i have with this game but its a big one.

I think it was completely necessary epically for a hard core tag fan like me. Mortal kombat has always been in my life and i have been waiting for tag team, and here it is :D. Why play just one of your favorite characters when you can play two ?

Necessary? Probably not but still it's looking pretty awesome and I'll definitely be trying it out. A welcome addition in my book!

I always loved playing Tag mode in DoA. So yeah, I'm pretty excited that it has found it's way to Mortal Kombat.

I think it looks amazing! What better then playing a match where you get to rape with two characters?........the answer is nothing double rape = double fun.

Personally I love long fights. I set the game to 3 wins by default. Tag team looks awesome as hell, emagine a tag team fight with 3 wins. A fight of about 10 - 15 mins? Sign me up :p

Was it neccessary, No. But its a welcomed addition IMO.

^
|
This.

When I bought Marvel vs Capcom 3 I knew that the game was not feature-rich, it was fun at first bu I do not play it anymore. I expect Mortal Kombat will keep my attention alot longer due to the inclusion of "non essential" features.

Edit: Did not know that you could do local "co-op" in tag. That is AWESOME!!!!!

Seems cool , and another option for diferent gameplay !

The fact that everytime you need a partner, you use 1 level of your bar, at first, seems unfair, but, analyzing, I think it's a cool addition because :

- Having to use 1 level bar to call your partner, make this tag-team help to be very valorized, to be used very strategic in the match, instead of using your partner as much as you can, and so, becoming boring , like MVC 3 .... MK obligating you a spend 1 level bar everytime, make you reconsider the value of your partner, and so, use tag-team help wisely.

- Having to use 1 bar , make the current character in the screen, what you are playing at the moment, have more time participation in the match, instead of changing each 5 seconds the characters as a crazy dude that doesn't known how to use a character well until he really needs a help of another one.

It's nice having option to use 1 vs 1 and 2 vs 2 Tag-Team. I see using 1 vs 1 as a very good training for next, using 2 vs 2 Tag-Team, once I know how to play with each character , after some days of training in 1 vs 1.

Endurace Match is a old stuff from MK, since MK1, and now, they want to us to enjoy it online, as part of the game. It's a very nice feature, and with 27 characters, you can have a lot fo tag tema combinations, so, once you are bored with a duo team you are playing, or even , if just one of the partners is not fitting well, you can just pick another combination anytime !!

Definitely not necessary. But you gotta try new things eventually.

That also doesn't mean Tag Team looks crap either.

Not necessary, but a nice addition, and I predict it will become huge in the next months once people will discover all the potentiality it offers.

I'm more skeptical about the Challenge Tower, I think it will be boring on the long run and not a valid alternative to Klassic Mortal Kombat!

I thought they were allowing us to Team up with online friends :/

Just ruined that whole experiance for me. If that is the case, I won't be touching it......

I personally think tag-team fighting always drags out way too long, Just wondering what other people think, Do you plan on playing a lot of tag mode? Would you miss if it they talked about it and never put it in the game? Talk.

Thats such a stupid thing to say, no ones gonna force you to play it. Its great that they've given us the option to play it.

hey, maybe they can patch up the game so we CAN play with our online friends :) all we got 2 do is update the game ^_^

My buddy and I are hardcore Mk players and always wished we could team instead of just beating the hell out of each other. Now we can. So yes I think it was necessary and I apreciate that they put it in the game

Yes, this is an essential game mode! If it wasn't in the game, it would all fall apart!

But in all seriousness, it can be considered necessary, in order to keep up with current fighting game trends.

This. It wasn't necessary for the revival of the franchise, but it's a great addition and it adds even more replay value to the game. The only thing I don't like about it is that if you want to use an assist from your partner, it costs 1 level from your special meter. If it uses the enhanced version of your partner's attack then it makes sense but if it doesn't, then that makes it confusing.

Yes, the tag assist and tag attack use the enhanced version of the attack. I agree, it wasn't necessary, but it's a great addition, it adds much more depth to the game, and besides, it's hella fun to play two characters at the same time. :)

its unfortunate that i lost interest in it :( i dont have any1 @ home 2 play with so i WILL NOT be playing tag @ all, sorry everyone.

But you can still play it on single player. You don't need another person with you to play tag team.

I like it, be fun to go from 1vs1 to 2vs2 whenever I feel like it. Played a lot of Tekken Tag Tournament, and was probably my favorite Tekken game, being able to tag in and out with combos, and all that will be awesome.