Tag Discussion

Re: Was tag team necessary?

hey, maybe they can patch up the game so we CAN play with our online friends :) all we got 2 do is update the game ^_^
This. I'm REALLY hoping for this. I would pay for that patch without a doubt. However, this doesn't mean I'm not going to play the tag-team mode when it first comes out. I have a little brother who likes MK. Arcade mode with two players would still be lots of fun.
Now, do I think it's necessary? No. Then again, a lot of things in the new MK aren't exactly necessary, but awesome little additions to the series.

The fact that everytime you need a partner, you use 1 level of your bar, at first, seems unfair, but, analyzing, I think it's a cool addition because :

- Having to use 1 level bar to call your partner, make this tag-team help to be very valorized, to be used very strategic in the match, instead of using your partner as much as you can, and so, becoming boring , like MVC 3 .... MK obligating you a spend 1 level bar everytime, make you reconsider the value of your partner, and so, use tag-team help wisely.

- Having to use 1 bar , make the current character in the screen, what you are playing at the moment, have more time participation in the match, instead of changing each 5 seconds the characters as a crazy dude that doesn't known how to use a character well until he really needs a help of another one.

I've been watching live playing of the final game, and im pretty sure it does not cost any meter to do a standard switch, so its nice you came up with theorys and stuff, but its free:)

The only thing that bothers me about the tag, is that the stand by partner doesnt recover any health, that was always the point of tag....oh well :/

Adding tag play is simply genius as now MK fans have the option of playing SSFIV or MvC3, MK style. It's really interesting that after all these years, Street Fighter and MK have gone back to their roots, and now they are arguably the best fighting games, pitted against each other yet again. I welcome the tag mode in this. It adds an interesting layer to the 1v1 combat and, while it won't be played as much as 1v1, it will be a mode that gets played surprising amount, I'm willing to bet! Like just about all of you, I can't wait for this MK. Toasty! :)

This. I'm REALLY hoping for this. I would pay for that patch without a doubt. However, this doesn't mean I'm not going to play the tag-team mode when it first comes out. I have a little brother who likes MK. Arcade mode with two players would still be lots of fun.
Now, do I think it's necessary? No. Then again, a lot of things in the new MK aren't exactly necessary, but awesome little additions to the series.

It was originally planned and scrapped due to what was likely unsuitable servers to host it. It's a much larger issue than a mere patch can fix, I'm afraid, which is a deal-breaker for me for this mode.

I'm extremely excited about the tag modes.
It adds a whole new level to the gameplay.
Sektor = God-player

Sektor + Reptile = Titty player

It was originally planned and scrapped due to what was likely unsuitable servers to host it. It's a much larger issue than a mere patch can fix, I'm afraid, which is a deal-breaker for me for this mode.

I have to ask, do you see tag modes as modes that friends can play together and not a tournament-type mode? I realize that different people have different expectations on this sort of thing, but I want to add my opinion on such a mode. The comparison is obviously MvC3 these days, and that game offers no co-op either. The good thing about that, though, is that doing the highly technical combos that involve a few tags that occur rapidly seems much easier if one is in control of both characters.

Now, I'm all for a co-op mode to be implemented in tag, as that would add a whole lot of team-based fun, but as a standard tag mode, I don't think that a lack of co-op should be a deal breaker for this mode. We're all different in our views, however, and I certainly respect that! :)

So you're not even excited for using two characters by yourself? I really like Reptile and Sub-Zero, and instead of deciding between them, I can use them both!

I'm extremely excited about the tag modes.
It adds a whole new level to the gameplay.
Sektor = God-player

Sektor + Reptile = Titty player
Titties over Gods, eh? I like the way you think. :p

A tag-team question

I've been looking around the main menu of the game for a while now, and I have a problem. I can't find the place where you can set up a tag-team arcade match with a friend over Xbox LIVE. I see Xbox LIVE in the list, but its darkened in and I can't select it. I would really appeciate some help.

Online Tag Co-op?

Am I missing something, or is it not possible to have a friend be your Tag partner if he's on a differant Xbox?

My hopes from day one was to play Tag with friends. Its says "2 co-op" (live) on back of case.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Re: Online Tag Co-op?

I have the same question, Can someone plz just answer so we can move on with our mk lives :D

How can I play tag team with friend online?

Me and my friend want to play tag team together, but XboxLive only allows to play against each other.

We wanna do vs. CPU, is there anyway we can do this?

Glitch in xbox live tag team matches

Hello everyone. Not sure if this has been brought up, but for some reason whenever you play xbox live tag team matches, the game recognizes the wins after you rematch as losses. For example, if I play a game with a friend in tag team, the following match counts as a loss regardless of whether we win or not. Hopefully this gets fixed with a patch soon.

Re: Glitch in xbox live tag team matches

Ah, so you've narrowed it down?
Good. I was wondering why my record was messed up.

...Also explains why my ranked record was fine. Haha thanks, OP!

Re: How can I play tag team with friend online?

I felt cheated when I found out I can't play tag-team with a friend online. D=

Re: How can I play tag team with friend online?

Is there a way to play tag online with a friend against other users online???