Online Connection/Game Session No Longer Available Discussion

Nyght87

Problem connecting with some friends online. (Xbox)

So I can play with some of my friends but some can't connect to us. We tried to join into the same Room in the room list but we found that we don't even see the same rooms in the list. even after we refresh. Is this because we are on different servers or something? We even made a room and for some of my friends the room showed up but for other the room wasn't even in the list. And when we try and do a private match it lets some friends join and some it just says "Game session is no longer avaliable".

I am lead to believe this isn't something like bad connection on some of my friends ends due to the fact that we don't even see the same rooms in the room list, and those rooms that are at the top that always have a lot of people aren't even the same as some of us see that they have different numbers of players in them.

What is the problem!?

Re: Problem connecting with some friends online. (Xbox)

Servers are messed up, hopefully be back up later. All I can think of.

And I just had the same problem just trying a player match, and it kinda sucks. Since it says you have a disconnect, when I didn't even disconnect. Just unfortunately, lag, and somehow both got booted.

Wait..I got a disconnect too?!

Just had someone rage quit on me after whining on the mic, complaining about me doing the same moves and threatened to leave if I kept that up. He ends up leaving in the middle of round 2

No big deal, untill I noticed that his DC gave me a DC too. The hell?!

Disconnects really suck!!!

Alright I'm putting this up to see if this is happening to anyone else out there, as you guys all know yea there's a lot of lag going on online but whatever I'm trying to get use to it for now until the problem gets fixed.

So I'm playing player matchs and fighting people roughly 4x in a row but then when u beat them they rage quit so far this has happened 2x already I didn't care cause I was thinking it's there lose on there record not mine. I went to my User Statistics in the game and checked it's saying I have 2 disconnects like it was me. I was beating these guys a$$ and I'm not saying I'm good and they rage quit then it penalizes me? That's BS!! And yes I checked my Internet connection and it's fine I'm running about 13MGb download.

Re: Disconnects really suck!!!

Wow, this whole time I though it was me accidentally disconnecting because of my poo internet.

Turns out it was rage quitters!

This makes me feel good about myself :)

Wow, this whole time I though it was me accidentally disconnecting because of my poo internet.

Turns out it was rage quitters!

This makes me feel good about myself :)
it's not us!!!and it sucks they need to fix this crap

@OP
You think that's bad... I was on a 8 win streak, and beating the 9th guy till he rage quit... Then when I beat no.10, I didn't get the 10 ranked matches in a row achievement till I won the 11th match... Looks like rage quitting doesn't count towards the winners achievement...

I have had so many rage quitters it's ridiculous. I'll even make a list. I've had people rage quit when:
1. I was aiming for the "let the timer run out in both rounds" achievement (won first round like that, then he rage quit when I was about to again)
2. Right after a flawless victory
3. In king of the hill when I almost beat him when I random selected Sonya blade

The list goes on...

1. I was aiming for the "let the timer run out in both rounds" achievement (won first round like that, then he rage quit when I was about to again)

This would legitimately frustrate me if I was getting beaten by a guy simply trying to get a (poorly designed) online trophy, admittedly. :p

This would legitimately frustrate me if I was getting beaten by a guy simply trying to get a (poorly designed) online trophy, admittedly. :p
I clearly won though... I had his life to about 5% (literally one more punch to win) and could have finished him whenever I wanted to... He was scorpion, and he was spamming teleport punch, which I blocked several times, and he knew I could have finished it, but was tryna get the stupid achievement... He was just being a sore loser, but I got the achievement later anyways :)

Ok, this is getting out of hand... I'm on 14 wins in king of the hill, and don't have the 10 in a row king of the hill achievement because ppl keep rage quitting!!!

EDIT: never mind got it after 15 lol.

"The game session is no longer available"

How often do you get this message?
"The game session is no longer available"
I get it every 5 minutes, even on the select screen.

Re: "The game session is no longer available"

When I was able to connect (before PSN went down) I got this message 95% of the time I tried to start a match, with NAT1 setting (the best) and my ps3 plugged straight into my modem.

Re: "The game session is no longer available"

I got that message every single time. Then I unplugged my router and went directly from my modem to my Xbox and it works fine now. I've noticed this with some other online games too. COD is fine with my router, but Read Dead Redemption won't work properly unless I unplug it. Weird.

I've played only two matches online in ever since I bought the game! It says this every single time I join a room and challenge someone. I'm going insane does anybody know why this is happening? My NAT is open too so no problems there.

Re: Game Session No Longer Available Message

The netcode sucks, plain and simple. NRS really dropped the ball when it comes to online multiplayer, it's a horrendous joke.