Was this game that bad?

It feels entirely too stiff to me. I thought it was okay at first, but I think that I was just happy to have a new Mortal Kombat game. Armageddon can be way more fluid than MKvsDC if you know what you're doing, and it is often considered the bottom of the shit pile.

I got a friend who recently bought an egs-bawks just to play Mk vs Dcu and he's a total badass

so what gives?

MK vs DC is actually a decent game. People can't get past it being a T rated Mortal Kombat game, that's really all there is to the hate for it.

I mean, I understand a lot of the appeal for MK is blood and fatalities. My response is you get to fight people as the Goddamn Batman.

That is all.

The gameplay was passable, but everything else (fatalities, story mode, replayability) pretty much sucked ass

Last edited:
Never played it, so can't talk about gameplay. Watched all the footage on youtube, just didn't like the look of it. Characters didn't fit, too cartoon'ish & soft. The only comic character's I would've enjoyed playing as woulda been Batman & the Joker. But in my opinion, they shoulda made those 2 more like they were in the latest movie. Whatever.

IMO: Super Man. Does. Not. Belong. Anywhere. Near. MK (unless he's making a cameo appearance where Sub Zero puts some criptonite a tube-sock and beats him to death with it as a fatality)

Wouldn't mind seeing comic characters like Spawn, Slaine & Rorschach in MK. But. I'm better off taking a dump in one hand, and wishing in the other, coz' it's not gonna happen. Whatever. They can make up with it, for me, by putting Jason in MK with Freddy. Again. Wont happen.

When it was first announced, I was so excited. I love MK and I am a comic book nerd so combining the two was orgasmic (though not nearly as much as it would be, in this case, if it were Marvel). Had DC characters I liked, gameplay looked good...I had high hopes.

Then, the game finally came out, I had pre-ordered the collector's edition....and what a ****ing waste of money. It got boring so fast and the fatalities were the worst I have ever seen. Might as well have had every fatality Jax's boot stomp.

Pros:
compaired with the mk games before it, it has made a big progress in quality and stuff
All characters looked badass
loved fighting with captain marvel, he's such a brute..
Cons:
cant restart story mode, really?
short story
shit story
rage? really?
for some reason lex luther rapes sub zero AND scorpion? seems legit...

Just popped this game back in and.....yes, I still love this game. I just picked up superman even though I refused to ever play with him and discovered a whole new way to **** stuff up. To me the gameplay in this game is better after playing MK9 for a year because I can actually pull of the combos that were considered too advance for me to get back then because my timing is better. I know many people may want to flame me for comparing the two games but I challenge anyone with the game to go back and try to accomplish a combo challenge that you couldn't get before, the proof will be in your rapid success. Honestly I think people hated this game because they didn't learn how to play it right. As for online, my opinion is the exact opposite -- people over use specials and constantly play keep away - nothing wrong with zoning it's just less thrilling (IMO).

A LOT of people had their minds made up to hate the game before it was even released when word came out that it would be rated T. It's not a world class fighter to be sure, but if you give it a shot it's pretty decent. I actually thought their attempt of explaining how the two worlds converged was at least better than most crossovers where they don't ever give a reason why other than "they just did, so deal with it".

A LOT of people had their minds made up to hate the game before it was even released when word came out that it would be rated T. It's not a world class fighter to be sure, but if you give it a shot it's pretty decent. I actually thought their attempt of explaining how the two worlds converged was at least better than most crossovers where they don't ever give a reason why other than "they just did, so deal with it".

This 100%, and even though I'd hate to admit it I was one of those people who thought it was crap because of the rating, and I was wrong it wasn't entirely crap but it wasn't good either it was kinda meh.

Although true, this game didn't deserve the full $60 price tag. I bought it at $18 used and had my fun with it. It's just one of those games you either just rent or buy cheap cause it gets old fast.

The DC part of the game was what I was really interested in. I had no idea there were was even such thing as a "fatality" in the game, until I lost against the computer and it did one on me. I began looking up fatalities on the internet and start getting more interested with the MK part of the game. The good part about this game for me was that it got me to like MK just as much as today.