Childhood's scariest scene in videogames?!

MileenaK

I read a post saying if MK ever scared you, for me it never happened, this thread is created for you to tell us the scariest scene from videogames of your childhood that scared the crap out of you.

For me, it was Resident Evil 1's first zombie scene. This scene made me break the game so nobody will play it. I couldn't sleep by myself for a couple of days haha, now the scene makes me laugh.

Here it is:

So which scene was the scariest for you?!

In the first Resident Evil when the dog jumps through the window the first time. Heart attack city. Even though I know it's coming now, I still jump a little.

It's not really a scene per se, but the entire Lavender Tower mission from Pokemon Red, Blue (Green), and Yellow wrecked my childhood and smashed it into pieces.

Great thread btw.

It's not really a scene per se, but the entire Lavender Tower mission from Pokemon Red, Blue (Green), and Yellow wrecked my childhood and smashed it into pieces.

Great thread btw.

What's the story behind that anyway? Is it because Cubone wears his mother's skull?

That's a joke, right?

Uhmmm...mine would have to be from one of the RE games, can't remember which one exactly. I remember watching someone playing it. He had a chainsaw and was walking up to a church, and zombies popped out and scared the shit out of me.

Silent Hill 2 would be my answer. I havent played a game that had better PSYCHOLOGICAL terror than Silent Hill 2. Ive played plenty of "scary" games like Resident Evil 2 that have "jump scares" but nothing compares to SH2

Hmm interesting thread.

Its difficult to differentiate intensity from legitimate scare...but I would say RE 2 had a cheap scare early on where arms bust through a window and grab you. Im assuming I jumped the first time, but im not quite sure. Its borderline impossible to scare me.

EDIT: Nasty uhh Freak (? lol)...the video provided with the Licker is in the same location as the cheap scare I mentioned above. The licker part I flirted with putting here, but I think it was more intense than horror for me.

I forgot it!

Dead Space, that game freaked me out, with the sounds of cans falling and that stuff.

EDIT: Oh it says childhood, i played this game last year when i was 17.

Last edited:
Hmm interesting thread.

Its difficult to differentiate intensity from legitimate scare...but I would say RE 2 had a cheap scare early on where arms bust through a window and grab you. Im assuming I jumped the first time, but im not quite sure. Its borderline impossible to scare me.

EDIT: Nasty uhh Freak (? lol)...the video provided with the Licker is in the same location as the cheap scare I mentioned above. The licker part I flirted with putting here, but I think it was more intense than horror for me.

Yes I know what you're talking about. Those hands that grab you by the window made me leak in my pants a few times.

Childhood?

Um... I can't think of how the name was, but I think it was Resident Evil or Silent Hill. Don't remember which.

But if I had to name from now, I'd say Dead Space for PC. Playing it full screen while it's night outside isn't the best idea.

Agree, Resident Evil 1 and 2 were like the best graphic scenes from those times, which made the games even scarier. When my dad came into the room to play the game, I couldn't even be in that room. It really scared me.

To be honest the game that kinda scared me was the monster in the Krypt in MK9 only because when I was younger I had a bad experience with the maze game, so I have been afraid of screamers in general ever since. I still never finished the krypt I got half way though.

This is pretty embarrassing, but when I was a child. The scariest thing I saw was that freakin' eel in Super Mario 64. The Jolly Roger Bay level. That thing still scares me today, it just pops out at you and looks so creepy. It's just.....weird. Keep in mind I was a kid and it scarred me fo' life!

This is pretty embarrassing, but when I was a child. The scariest thing I saw was that freakin' eel in Super Mario 64. The Jolly Roger Bay level. That thing still scares me today, it just pops out at you and looks so creepy. It's just.....weird. Keep in mind I was a kid and it scarred me fo' life!

NO WAY

Seriously, irl, I am afraid of eels and that part was absolute TORTURE for me. I was seconds away from the fetal position, man, I hate eels so much.

When Ocarina of Time came out in 2000 (I was 11) as soon as I got to the Forest Temple, I had to stop playing the game because the 4 Poes there scared the shit out of me. Eventually I worked up the courage to get through it, only to meet Phantom Ganon in the art gallery, and I had to stop playing again because that scared even more shit out of me.