MK5 Early Concept

News about MK5 leaked shortly after MK4's release. Help me gather all the early infos, rumours, screenshots etc. connected with the game which finally has been titled Deadly Alliance. Here's some articles from old polish video game magazine Secret Service (10/98 issue) with early MK5 rooster (marked in red) and its plot.

16l041h.jpg

And plotline translation form polish:

"After Shinnok's failure the portal between Eartrealm and Netherrealm has been opened. That way, realeasing the most frightening horror's of mankind, defeated Shinnok resurrects his son Shao Kahn (!) and orders him to avenge his beating. Monstrous Shao calls both of his loyal generals Goro and Kintaro and revives Kung Lao to be a trap for mortals. This time not only Eartrealm but also Edenia has to face this newborn peril. New Earth's protector Fujin informs kombatants about danger, which it leads to the 5th MK tournament. But this time, Eartrealm warriors have very small chances to win"

Some sources points that there's to be a character named Torched - it's obviously Blaze. More info about new fighters who have never appeared:

Sub-Zero's sister - she evolved into Frost
Master Chang - propably Bo Rai Cho? Maybe some old-chinese-kung-fu-master-style character like Shun Di (Virtua Fighter) or Tung Fu Rue (Fatal Fury).
Chow Kang - propably Liu Kang's bro
Jerrod - former king of Edenia
Nimbus - Brotherhood of Shadows' member, but had to appear in MK1 as an afroamerican kickboxer:

nimbusterrafaux3cl.jpg

News from angelfire:

MK5 Information

It will be complete not in versions like MK4
It will utilize the new Zeus 2 Hardware
Babalities, Friendships, and Animalities probably won't return
Endurances will probably be back
They might bring back "Test Your Might"
Weapons will most likely return
Release date is unknown probably sometime in 99'
No Characters are known yet but there are obviously rumors
Dan Forden said "Kung Lao Lives"
The music will be darker like in the Living Forest from MK2
Some Music Orchestras
The Story isn't Done
Triple Camera Shot Fatalities will Return
Zues 2 is 4 times the power of the first Zues and will make MK5 alot realer looking
Ed Boon said " You haven't seen the last of Shang Tsung"
They might have a four-player mode
Josh Tsui said it will feature a whole bunch of new characters

Nimbus?

lmao, with a stupid name like that, thank goodness he never made it in the final version.

Nimbus Terrafaux was a April Fools' joke done by EGM stating he was a secret character in the Genesis version of MK1.

Nimbus?

lmao, with a stupid name like that, thank goodness he never made it in the final version.

If you think he is stupid, you should check out these other rumor characters. There was one name Stan Looth. I read it on The Kombat Pavilion.

If you think he is stupid, you should check out these other rumor characters. There was one name Stan Looth. I read it on The Kombat Pavilion.

I read the samething that your talking about. they also had characters named Aqua and another one named Pedro

Nimbus?

Yeah! If he was finalized, the game would be so cloudy..

I read the samething that your talking about. they also had characters named Aqua and another one named Pedro
Yeah! Aqua is a platypus ninja with a black garb, then Pedro is a knock off Stryker sprite with green shirt and a mustache and his projectile is a fire fart..

PS. Is that Pedro you're talking about? Geeezzz.

Pedro.jpg

Ehmm, to continue rumor fighters offtop, i'll paste early umk3 select screen also from polish magazine Secret Service. Who supposed to be the purple cyborg below Nightwolf? He looks like Cyber Rain :)

dsc640.jpg

dsc03640n.jpg

Last edited:
PS. Is that Pedro you're talking about? Geeezzz.

Pedro.jpg

Ehmm, to continue rumor fighters offtop, i'll paste early umk3 select screen also from polish magazine Secret Service. Who supposed to be the purple cyborg below Nightwolf? He looks like Cyber Rain :)

dsc640.jpg

dsc03640n.jpg

Lol! I saw that select screen with Pedro, but it's the first I saw the cyber Rain..

They're propably Noob & Human Smoke.

but it's the first I saw the cyber Rain..

His colour is different from Rain's so it could be just another cyborg, he uses reversed palette swap of Cyrax icon. This menu screen was published during summer of 1996 in polish Secret Service, I've never seen it on any of other sources. I'm 100% sure that SS didn't want to create a fake or joke, that wouldn't be in their manner. At least i think so.

Last edited:
Perhaps all of them were removed because of being too satanic and occult.

And his name was Baphomet. He looks like regular devil and he was propably replaced by other daemons of hell Moloch and Drahmin. For me Baphomet bi*chslapps them easily.