sub zero mix ups and advice online

psycho4r5

Hey guys I main sub zero and when I play single player expert I destroy all day everyday but online I am getting killed and worse then that I am losing to people I know I am better then. A big part of this is lag but I think there is more too it than that. Can anybody give me some advice on adding more mix ups into my combos? I don't know of any mix ups that I can incorporate into a combo minus the one or two over heads. Also can somebody give me some advanced strategies that they use with sub online I know the ins and outs of subs move set and I know how to play so when I say advanced advice I dont mean like "use clone to counter" I know that stuff I need more specific strategies. thanks guys I appreciate it

If you are losing to them, I doubt you are better than them... Even if it is a few spammers, better players are able to adapt and find a strategy that punishes spammers....

And also, how far can people really blame lag for their failures in MP?....

And may I refer you back to your other thread. I posted two links in there that would be helpful

like i said in the other thread and this one I don't blame it all on lag but it def. doesn't help. I appreciate all your help man but that was a little harsh lol I think my biggest problem now after looking more in depth to it is starting combos on high blockers I can start combos on low blockers but not on high blockers any tips for that? and I am about to go check your links thanks.

On high blockers just grab them dash in like u r finna attack they either r gonna blocc or try to attack if they blocc grab them if not hit them wit a slide then try to start a combo...u gotta play mind games and use all sub zeros moves

On high blockers just grab them dash in like u r finna attack they either r gonna blocc or try to attack if they blocc grab them if not hit them wit a slide then try to start a combo...u gotta play mind games and use all sub zeros moves

u r "finna" attack? whats that?

Subs Mix Up Game:

22 - this is ur base!

from there go for:

Blocking High - 22xxslide or 224xxSlide or 224xxClone

Blocking Low - 222 (last hit is an orverhead) or 224xxClone

other possibilities:

Blocking low - F+4xxFreeze

u are also able to use b12- but its not recommended:

Blocking high - b124 or b121xxClone (not sure if ur able to cancel it into slide ..I almost never use that string ^^)

blocking low: b12xxFreeze (2, the IcePick is an Overhead) or if hes fuzzyblocking b121xxClone

If you are losing to them, I doubt you are better than them... Even if it is a few spammers, better players are able to adapt and find a strategy that punishes spammers....

And also, how far can people really blame lag for their failures in MP?....

And may I refer you back to your other thread. I posted two links in there that would be helpful

try being more helpful than discouraging next time, your negativity isnt wanted.....all he wanted was help and you give him negative comments

try being more helpful than discouraging next time, your negativity isnt wanted.....all he wanted was help and you give him negative comments

He is helping him by showing him not to make excuses, and instead get better at the game and learn from your mistakes. The internet isn't full of candy and sunshine with smilies everywhere.

Don't use his B+1 2 combo, always do the 2 2 combo for highs and comboing into ice blast. It's very "spamable". The third hit on 2 2 2 is an overhead, so use that if they are blocking and crouching. Make good use of ice clones, and some times slide through them. I don't suggest using any EX attacks for him, he's more of an X-Ray character so try to combo into that. He also has a 3 hit combo that ends in a leg sweep. I think it's B+1 2 4. That is decent if you need a leg sweep with some chip damage.

As said above: Use 2,2 as your main string

22,ice ball on hit
222 or F4,ice ball on low block,
22,slide on high block
224,ice clone on block if you want to continue pressure

With sub you gotta go after your opponent. You must be aggressive to win. No one will run into your ice clone unless you bait them into it.