Online Problems Thread ~ Stats not updating, etc.

scoring losses but not wins

tonight MK online has been doing somthing weird. its only scoring my losses but not my wins, WTF! Ive never experienced this before. when i started playing today i had 114 WINS & 106 LOSSES. I won 2 1vs1 matches, and won 5 tag matches, and i lose 1 1vs1 and two tag matches. at the end my score was 1vs1 114 WINS 109 LOSSES, tag, 0 WINS 2 LOSSES. witch makes no sense in the first place because ive played way more than just 2 tag matches. has been anyone else experience this?

Re: Un-scored online?

in player matched i dont care about who i fight.I play most ranked.Cause i can get very good plyer from there and also not so good.
I have noticed that in europe at night are playng pretty good players.Daytime or evening there are more rookies.I like to train new characters in player rooms.Ranked i play with my main.

Actually I've never thought of this before. But now that I think about it, I would enjoy MK's Online so much better if it didn't display anyone's Wins/Losses, only the game would keep it recorded for ranked matches, but no-one else would be able to see it but you. Because honestly, Since I'm afraid of having a bad score, I play to win, rather then just playing for fun. and think about this, if no-one was worried about their gamer score, then their would be less declines, less rage quitters & drop outs, etc.

Exactly..
I really think that this is a huge issue that needs to be delt with.
I suggest just to leave w/l records on ranked matches ONLY.

I concur with everyone here about the triviality of w/l ratios on player matches, but then again it does kind of become a pain in the ass after awhile, especially when it takes forever to search for opponents. It took me 5 minutes to find one person who was 1-1, and once he saw my record he instantly declined.

I only use player matches for practices with characters Im not familiar with, or as a good warm up before I head over to ranked matches. If everyone is too scared to play because of a silly record, then make it optional to hide it during/before player matches. Ranked should be viewed by all, as you wouldn't play ranked unless you were confident in you're skill level.

what utter tripe

Challenge freezing?

Hey,

I've just started having this issue where challenging someone in a room online results in my game freezing. I don't seem to have the option to "cancel", and it only resumes if the other person either declines or is unavailable.

This just started happening as of today, so I'm wondering if it might have something to do with the new DLC. Anyone else run into this?

Ranked 2vs2 does not count...

Hey there, to my problem...

I play MK 9 since release online (Europe & on PS3), 1vs1 always worked well, but 2vs2:

First i noticed it (was 1 week or so before skarlet), i played dozens of 2vs2 ranked, and only a few got added to my stats (doesnt matter if win or loss), first i thought its because of smoking **** xD but then i wrote wins and losses down. Next day (cause i thought maybe it'll get added after a few hours) i didnt get the matches added.
This pissed me off so i just played 1vs1 for some time, then after Skarlet until Rain i didnt play MK.

So then i got rain and the new patch, but still, on 2vs2 i hardly get my matches to my stats added. It even doesnt matter if i play some 2vs2 in row or switch after 2vs2 to 1vs1, its just random? idk

ATM when i look at my stats in MK on 2vs2 its about 100 wins : 20 losses (in STATS and LADDER), when i look at my stats at
www.themortalkombat.com there my 2vs2 stats are about 160 : 40, this seems more accurate to me.
So it didnt count about 80 matches, WTF?

But as said, on 1vs1 the stats always get added right.

I asked a few dudes on my PS3 friend list, no one has the same problem, they just say :"wait until tomorrow.", but it doesnt even help if i wait a few weeks.

Anyone has any idea?

What happened to everyones stats on XBL?

Just been online, thought there was a lot of newbs online. Turns out virtually everyones had their stats reset back to zero, including my own. Saw maybe two accounts with a ton of games but no one else. What gives?

Re: What happened to everyones stats on XBL?

happened me as well i just re downloaded kenshi and rain an it went back too normal

Re: Ranked 2vs2 does not count...

My account at the game's website shows fewer wins and losses than on my PSN account. That's for 1v1. As for 2v2, the only ranked matches I've played were coop, and none of them registered, so I'm probably comparing apples with oranges here. There have been rare times when wins were counted as losses, and vice versa, and I know this isn't related to your exact query, but more to establish that something is amiss in MK9's stat gathering code.

Re: What happened to everyones stats on XBL?

Happened to me last Saturdaynight, Sundayafternoon everything was back to normal again :)

Problems w/ wins showing up on my record

So this always happens when I go online.

I play a few matches in a lobby, then I'll leave the lobby or something and when I sign in the next day/next time I use Mortal Kombat, the wins that I had when I played yesterday were gone from my record, yet my losses are still kept track of..

Example:

131:147
I played a bunch of matches. I won 10 and lost 1 (so my record should be 141:148)

I sign in again after eating, going out with friends w/e and my record is 137:148
The losses stayed, but the wins were gone...

Anybody else having this issue?

Re: Problems w/ wins showing up on my record

I've had this issue before, and noticed sometimes it takes time to show up. Sometimes it updates right away, sometimes it takes hours. If after like at least day and it doesn't update....something's messed up hahaha

Re: Problems w/ wins showing up on my record

btw mk saves at random times not after every match i think. what i do is after im done. hop into training mode, wait for the dragon icon in the loading screen then close.

you should check your win/loss online on their website because that seems to save them instantly. if they count online and not on your console then they haven't been saved when you close the game.

Last edited:
Two Problems!

Hey Kombatants...

I'll introduce myself

I'm a 25 year old male from Norway

With that said... I have some problems online.

The game is really awesome, been a fan of MK videogames & movies since I was a kid.
My favorite characters are Reptile and Rain (Thumbs up for bringing him back)

First problem: Whenever I play "King of the Hill" mode it all goes well untill it is my turn.
I select my character and when the game is about to begin I get the follow message:
"This game sessions is no longer available" Now this is not a problem in itself, if it wasen't for the matter that it HAPPENDS ALL THE EFFIN' TIME :D

Second problem: I get my ass handed to me in a basket every single time I play 1vs1.
A few nights ago, I bought like 8 Red Bulls and stayed up ALL night to learn Reptile in-and-out!
Maybe someone can add me on XboxLive? Add "MrMango86" without the quotes.
Maybe we can play some games with a mic and you can tell me where I need to improve.

I use a router and an ethernal cable to my Xbox, I do have the same problem with EA Sports NHL 11 "...Game session no longer available" but that is RARE and it NEVER happends when I play MW2.

Thanks

Re: Two Problems!

Hey, xrt. Sorry to hear of your difficulty.

1 - This doesn't happen to me all the time, but enough to make me avoid KoH (which is a shame, because I like the format). Bottom line is this: KoH hosts numerous connections - one for every player - and is dependent on all connection running smoothly. having said that, I have played in some smooth KoH matches, but they are fewer than the slow ones. If you are running through a router with multiple devices connected in your home, the best thing you can do is try and play when the other devices aren't being used, and maybe even disconnect them from the internet. Also, maybe create/join a "Norway" room online and try and attract more players from regions closer to you.

2 - I'm on PSN, so I can't help you here, but I've noticed that moves and combos I practice offline don't always translate online due to lag. Figure out which combos work well for you online, and which ones need to be scrapped. This annoys me as other players seem able to connect huge combos while I can't, but there's nothing I can do about it other than plunking down cash for a faster net connection (not gonna happen).

Finally, I get to use the kickass welcome message I developed!

Here goes...
Hi and welcome to TRMK! You'll be sure to get some awesome welcome messages soon, so until then, feel free to use this awesome guide of things to do around TRMK!

Number 1: Play awesome MK matches with the awesome TRMK communtiy!
Number 2: Worship GOG TOXIC!
Number 3: Make awesome threads and enjoy them with the awesome TRMK communtiy!
Number 4: Read (and star in) awesome stories posted by awesome members of the awesome community!
Number 5: Worship GOG TOXIC!
Number 6: Be more awesome then you were before!
Number 7: Worship GOG TOXIC!
Number 8: Use lots of exclamation marks!
Number 9: Tell others to worship GOG TOXIC!

I hope you found my guide of things to do in TRMK very informative! I can't stress how important numbers 2, 5,7, and 9 are!

Enjoy your stay!

Now, as for your problems:

Numer 1: I've only played online a few times, but KOTH tends to be... unstable. The only thing I can recommend is that you get into a private lobby, with members of TRMK, or people you know. The fact that everyone knows each other (to an extent) usually means people know if others have a good connection or not.

Number 2: Yeah, I can't help you with that. I have an xbox, but for the past 4 months my parents have had me banned from live. Once that's over, I can help you out, but otherwise... not so much.

with me happens the same. try to play with people of your country, it will get better, but not perfect. I think all we have to do is just wait.

For the KOTH problem, try finding people in your country or close to it, I have problems in KOTH when playing Americans but it's fine with everybody else :\

You can add me on XBOX (GT; Bon3s1990), I don't use Reptile but I'll be up for some sparring and giving tips. Also, check the Reptile thread in the character section, you'll find lots of helpful info there.

Stats Reset PS3

Just logged in, and my win/loss record was reset to 0/0 0 disconnected. Anyone else have this problem?