Should Cyborg Smoke be a costume for human smoke or a new character?

Should Cyborg Smoke be a costume for human smoke or a new character?

• Human Smoke

Votes: 34 47.9%
  • New Character

Votes: 37 52.1%

• Total voters

SWAT Pointman

What do you think? I think he should just be a costume. All his specials from his cyborg form are pretty much there, except the spear. For his classic fatality, I think they should modify the exsisting ones. The end of world one is ridiclous. The other one where they open their mouth for a bomb is also ridiclous. Both should be modified to better.

Last edited:
Definitely a new character. Cyber-Smoke played very differently from Human Smoke and he had different moves and fatalities. Why would they mess that up. A new costume would be pretty "meh", but offering him as another character would actually be a worthwhile download for me.

PS - Your poll is worded rather oddly. It makes it difficult to figure out what "yes" means and what "no" means...

Definitely a new character. Cyber-Smoke played very differently from Human Smoke and he had different moves and fatalities. Why would they mess that up. A new costume would be pretty "meh", but offering him as another character would actually be a worthwhile download for me.

PS - Your poll is worded rather oddly. It makes it difficult to figure out what "yes" means and what "no" means...
Sorry I'm new to this.

While I think it's hilarious to answer "yes" to a "this or that" question, it does make it tough to answer your poll.

If they make Robo-Smoke a costume for Smoke I hope they do what they did with Cyrax and Sektor and change little things. Have things come out of his chest, maybe he has a hose on his arm where his smoke bomb comes out. But if they want him to have his classic moves like a chest trident and the teleport uppercut then he'll need to be his own character. I'm in favor of making him his own character.

I'd say he should be a separate character, considering how Cyber Sub-Zero is presented in MK9. The character could have a different move set, new Fatalities, etc.

weird poll wording, if i say yes then am agreeing to both? lol
but most certainly a new character with all new moves and new fatality, he also should look unique, not like sektor/cyrax/cyber-s/cyber-r....no more clones people.

also i am dying and hope am not alone on this classic costumes
image.php

to me those where even better than mk1, tho i am still glad mk1 costumes are there, i wish we could get this ones as well :(

Last edited:
to be honest they should just do him like they did cyrax and sektor because you dont want a shitty new character *cough* csz *cough* thats shittier then the human or vice versa being more op

sektor and cyrax have diff properties with their alts so just do it this way, it changes properties adding depth but it doesn't completely waste the development of a character if he turns out shitty or op

thats how i see it

personally, I wouldn't like it at ALL if it were a costume. it's already bad enough cyber Subzero is Subzero and Cyrax (don't get me wrong, I love both characters) but I expected a unique character in cyber Subzero (he is looks-wise but the moves are a combo of the above two so..). I'd want cyborg Smoke to return as a separate character and see a completely different moveset compared to human Smoke cause if they are to give him sektor's teleport and the spear, we're going back to the 'palette swap' kinda theory. unique elements ftw

Definitely a new character. I don't want a stupid costume for Human Smoke. Seeing a robot doing Human Smoke's would look very weird when none of his moves have anything to do with being a robot at all.

I really don't like Human Smoke or his moves, and would love to see Robot Smoke's MK3 moves. At least his teleport punch and harpoon spear, and then another 1 or 2 moves.

That would make this game complete for me, as my favorite MK3 character would be in. It's unbelievable that everyone is asking for Rain, when there is only 1 real character from MK3 (not MK Trilogy) that was completely left out and ignored from NRS. The REAL Smoke who was actually on the MK3 and UMK3 character screens.

Last edited:
New character; the same way they did with Sub-Zero / Cyber Sub-Zero : a couple of special moves shared in common, but, the rest, a new set of special moves ....

How does this work? You ask "new char or costume" and put as options "yes or no"

Dont know what to answer lol

I don't think it would work well if they made Cyber Smoke just a costume for human Smoke. NRS would have to give Cyber Smoke new animations for some of his powers (at least the smoke cloud). This could result in a slightly slower character, altering his timing similar to human Cyrax.
Besides I'm sure they would release a Klassic Smoke costume before they would release a Cyber Smoke costume

If they wanted to add Cyber Smoke, i would say keep it to the alt costume. I know a lot of you are in agreement but i think Human Smoke is cooler, especially with his own set of move lists, its been great not seeing him with a scorpion chain, however im glad they gave it to him for the hidden fight.

So if you are going to add the old school smoke look, just give it to him as an alternate costume, it would give the NRS guys more time to work on more important things, like characters not in the game.

and as for CSZ, im totally happy with the character, it was a nice twist. Save Smoke from being turned cyborg, and in this alternate universe it happens to Sub Zero instead, very very cool. His move lists is a bit odd but good direction.

It would be ultra-badass to have an alt human Smoke that played a lot like the UMK3 version. Give him the 2-hit pop-up, Spear, Teleport, etc. THAT is some shit I'd buy.