Klassic Skins Pack DLC Video & Details Revealed

They practically are giving it away for free at that price and in what way are you being taken advantage of?
If they'd decided to give away the pre-order bonuses for free you'd see hundreds of posts here complaining that folks had wasted money on pre-orders when they could've just waited to be given the stuff for nothing.

One doesn't pay EXTRA for pre-orders. The game costs the same whether you pre-order it or not. Therefore, no money is wasted.

Yeah, figured they'd want $$$ for this. It is annoying, but I bet MS and WB made it into a cash grab.

Still, I hate paying for unlock keys (*cough*JillandShumainMvC3*cough*).

I just posted something similar to this on the FB post, so I'll post this here too...

I don't think the price is awful or expensive at all. In fact, I think it's great that everyone can have them now. The thing that bugs me, was Boon said that we wouldn't have to pay for on disc content. Maybe that was the plan to begin with but WB shut him down. I'm willing to bet this was the case and now Boon and NRS is going to get a lot of flack for it. I just don't like being told one thing and then have the opposite happen. I kinda wish he never said it, because I would right there with a lot of you ready to give them my $5. Had nothing to do with being "cheap." Just the principle of the whole thing.

I can handle that. They could've gone the Capcom route and charged us a hell of a lot more, plus the package at least contains all the crap that's already on the disc.

I still have that 500 or so points left in my account anyway, so what the hell.

They already did go the Capcom route by charging us for craps thats already on the disc. So much for FREE DLC. FU NRS

This comes to no surprise considering NRS has lied about things before. But I don't mind having to pay a minor fee for on disc content. Namco did the same thing with Soul Calibur IV with the extra star wars character already on the disc.

The fact that something's on the disc doesn't mean you'll have access to it. That's how DRM works. Technically, the bosses could be unlocked the same way. Some people would love that, but I know I don't and I don't think most people would, either.

Also, it's just a few animations (the Fatalities) and model swaps for f***'s sake. I do wish they'd included costumes for Noob and Smoke, tho.

This comes to no surprise considering NRS has lied about things before. But I don't mind having to pay a minor fee for on disc content. Namco did the same thing with Soul Calibur IV with the extra star wars character already on the disc.

What exactly did they lie about with this issue?

Last edited:
I could give less than a shit whether it's free or not.
It's only $5, and I've wanted Sub-Zero's MK 1 "Spine Rip" and Reptile's MK II "Head Eat" for a while now.
So, I'm glad that I'm finally getting it.

I've been looking forward to this more than the Skarlet and Kenshi DLC.

Give me the Klassic Costumes / Fatalities, Rain, and couple stages (Like The Soul Tomb and Warrior Shine) for DLC, and I'm set.

Also, it's just a few animations (the Fatalities) and model swaps for f***'s sake. I do wish they'd included costumes for Noob and Smoke, though.

I honestly think they are going to 7 character costume packs until all characters have another alternate. Noob and smoke will probably be in another one.

The fact that something's on the disc doesn't mean you'll have access to it. That's how DRM works. Technically, the bosses could be unlocked the same way. Some people would love that, but I know I don't and I don't think most people would, either.

Also, it's just a few animations (the Fatalities) and model swaps for f***'s sake. I do wish they'd included costumes for Noob and Smoke, tho.

But there's already some "resourceful" people that will get illegal access to play as the boss characters or the hidden characters you face in arcade like Klassic Smoke and Shadow Noob.

In response to the other statement: I agree. Noob and Smoke did get the shaft on this one. Hopefully they will be included in a second retro pack with Cyrax and Sektor.

But there's already some "resourceful" people that will get illegal access to play as the boss characters or the hidden characters you face in arcade like Klassic Smoke and Shadow Noob.

They can't play them online, so their actions aren't gonna affect me, so that's a pointless argument.

i agree with most of you in regards to Classic Noob and Classic Smoke...I personally think they should be included with these other classic outfits for 5.00 because they were in MK2 I think they are throwing an easter egg in this video to shows us that Classic Smoke and Classic Noob may be available in future DLC with all other DLC...that would be fun to have a Retro Reincarnation Room where Online users pick the classic Outfits to have a match and get that MK2 Feeling using the classic outfits..Honestly I would choose Reptiles Classic outfit over the new one and Ermacs because there new ones look dumb.

In response to the other statement: I agree. Noob and Smoke did get the shaft on this one. Hopefully they will be included in a second retro pack with Cyrax and Sektor.

Next costume pack, Klassic Smoke, Noob, Cyrax, Sektor, and three other kharacters. I bet you.

They can't play them online, so their actions aren't gonna affect me, so that's a pointless argument.

Wasn't quarreling with you just stating facts.

Next costume pack, Klassic Smoke, Noob, Cyrax, Sektor, and three other kharacters. I bet you.

Three other characters....MK3 Kung Lao, Cyber-Smoke and MK3 Kabal? Not sure about Kabal but that would be nice to see.

For 5 bucks I will buy it without any hesitation. Hell I do not even play any of those characters atm but I still want them. Now bring on the DLC characters.