TRMK Online Tournaments

Yea we need something more like what Critical-Limit is talking about.

We need a legitimate online tournament with a lot of people, someone should set it up and lets do it.

Count me in. I'd like to see where I stack up. I play on PS3, my PSN is the same as my username here.

Last edited:
I decided to go in DEPTH, just incase anyways... so.. we should do it like this...

ENTRY

Everyone should be free to enter, No matter what number if it gets too high or isn't a perfect multple of 4x2=B then Bx2=C ect ect. you could have some weird number like 43 and you can still make it work with pools.

Pools:
for anyone unfamiliar with pools this how it works.

Let us assume we have 43 people, and we want this to be a 16 man bracket. That means 16 people out of 43 are the only people who are going to make it out of pools.

we would have 8 groups, with the top 2 making it out(EX: 2x8=16) you divide 43 by 8 to get how many people are in each group. 5 people in each group, 3 of the 8 groups will have 6 instead of 5. First tournament should be a random draw.

As more tournaments accumulate. You give a point system so REALLY good players don't end up in the same pool as another REALLY good player later. For example... it'd be pretty lame to have tom brady/ Perfect Legend/ Justin Wong all the in same pool, all 3 of them are top 3 material, and one of them wouldn't even make it into bracket? that's ridiculous.

So... this is how pools works once you make the groups...

Let us pretend
Me/GreenGiant/robyn/saibotmk/backbackbacklowpunch are all in the same pool.

We would each fight eachother Best of 3(Of best of 3). The top 2 with the best record make it into bracket. NOW... don't be satisfied with knowing you're second place in your pool... that means you gotta fight the TOP dog of another pool in round 1 bracket. you'll want the highest placing in Pools so you fight the 2ndplacer of another pool.

After pools are done you are back into Normal bracket mode, which in theory should have the top players in it who deserve to be in bracket. that way EVERYONE is still a part of the tournament experience and has a shot.

people who don't make it out of pools get no points, the further you make it into bracket... the more likely you are to get more points to get a easy pool next season. You could also do a system where top 4 placers are GAURANTEED in the bracket next time.. and people in pools have to fill up the rest of the slots. Whatever choice is fine...

there is just no reason to cut people out of a tournament.

:RULES:

These will be roughly going by rules I saw at PDP, to keep things fair.

1.) Sign up here for the unofficial TRMK tournaments. They will be held shortly after the first patch comes out. State what console you will be playing on, and if your gamertag/PSN ID isn't on the side bar, state what it is.

2.) Best out of 3 matches. That means first to two matches wins.

3.) Both users must report back and state who won, and what the score was. Such as Username beat Username 2 to 1.

4.) No codes are allowed.

5.) Winner of previous match can't pick a new character for the next round, loser may pick a different character if they want.

6.) Any level may be chosen, it doesn't matter.

7.) The fights will be chosen at random. PM the person you are to fight to set up a date/time to fight. But wait until the patch is out, to hopefully reduce lag.

Tournament360.jpg

TRMK Username: Online name

:360:
Immortal Reaver: Needle RifIe
back,back,back,low punch: UltraLin Kuei
DarkSideOfTheMoon: DrkSide0fDaM00N
ArmageddonFUA11: ArmageddonFUA11
Matt McIlvenna: Scruffychicken
Vigilante_FireDragon: DrAgOnA2206
Viking_Poodle: kithraya
H2O FARMER: H2O FARMER

:pS3:
ZALETA: cyklophex
mkray41: thelombax
NothingRhymesWithCircus: SipMilkOutMyAss
DarkMario616: d4rk m4r10
_Unknown_: nick_ste_22
El Madre: AspiringFailure
Malitor Greymaulkin: Malitor
Aldo Moreno: Asm_Liu_Kang_254

Spoiler:

:Free Agents 360:
BeerGuyEd: BeerGuyEd
squirrelpion: squirrel 1571

:Free Agents PS3:
AMKproductions: Assassin_Pug
Lameboy19: Jsens19
Armon24: anizzle1
squirrelpion: Squirrel1571
Tabmok: Tabmok
Destroyer: Destroyer901

I'm down my psn is Kitanas_Husband

I hear a lot of talking but not a lot of action. If you want to set up a tournament thread with epic amounts of people, update the thread accordingly after every single match, and all of that stuff, then be my guest.

Cool. Just read the rules. I making a suggestion, but you should allow two codes, which are for Klassic Music and Tournament Mode only.

Klassic Music: 1-0-1 1-0-1
Tournament Mode: 1-1-1 1-1-1

I hear a lot of talking but not a lot of action. If you want to set up a tournament thread with epic amounts of people, update the thread accordingly after every single match, and all of that stuff, then be my guest.

you make it sound like you have to be online 24/7 to catch when a match ends. You just log on check your PM box/Or the Thread and update any victories(like once a day). I would like to think people aren't retarded, and can look at the bracket and based on posts of who won in the thread. can deduce who they fight next without you having to update it.

And the reason I'm not doing it, is because I think most people want this done as a "meet up then report at your leisure" Where as I want it "Set a date, get the day off, we play MK from 10a.m.--> until the tourney finishes" But I doubt people would be up for the latter.

The reason I like the latter is...
Easier to run and keep up to date.
Stay warmed up for ALL of your matches. (No giant long breaks[Days even...]) in between fights. So no Rusty complaints.
Never run into the problem of two people having opposite shifts and having them hold up the bracket because they can't play for a week and a half or something.

Most likely.

Good thing too, my Xbox wont connect to XBL so hopefully I'll have it up and running by next week.

I have still not fought a single Sektor online. you should buy a ps3, and a ps3 mortal kombat and play me... cuz we all know you have like 500 bucks to throw away.

EDIT: If I made another thread, and had this set on a specific saturday. and ran it for the whole day. Who would be up for a day of non-stop mortal kombat(tournament like i mentioned above) only stopping for food breaks.

I have still not fought a single Sektor online. you should buy a ps3, and a ps3 mortal kombat and play me... cuz we all know you have like 500 bucks to throw away.

EDIT: If I made another thread, and had this set on a specific saturday. and ran it for the whole day. Who would be up for a day of non-stop mortal kombat(tournament like i mentioned above) only stopping for food breaks.

Totally would.

I would get down for sure.