Where do you place your fightstick?

Matt McIlvenna

I was just was curious how others go about playing.

I have the PDP MK fightstick and i usually set it on my lap, but I feel like its harder on my wrists having it that low. I tried using my Tournament Edition box vertically, but is too light/unstable.

So where do YOU put your fightstick when playing?

I put in on a small foldable tray table in front of me while playing. Something like this:

411dL7nCRdL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

I usually sit it on my lap, but I have also tried the folding table thing as well. The lap position felt better because the fight stick sat just a little too high for my liking on the table and I'm a pretty tall guy.

In my opinion, the best height and position would be one that puts the fight stick at exactly the same position that it would be in if I were standing up at an arcade machine. I saw a post on here recently where someone had built a stand up cabinet that housed two fight sticks side by side in it. I thought that was friggin awesome.

The only problem with that is that I honestly don't feel like taking the time to make anything like that. Also, even if I did build one my wife would throw a holy shit fit if I had that thing sitting in front of our living room tv, lol. If I could find a slightly shorter stack table, I think that would be the most ideal setup for me.
I'm actually considering taking one of my stack tables and sawing off a few inches from the bottom, hehe. That might actually not piss her off too badly since it would be somewhat easier for my kids to eat at.

I don't even use fight sticks. I play fighting games best with the normal PlayStation controllers, so that's what I use.

In the closet, cuz its broke on me in the first few weeks (usb port was already damaged).

Wow, that really sucks. How exactly did that happen? I keep wondering if the same crap is gonna happen to mine cause my kids keep tripping over the usb cable and ripping it out. Fortunately, I do know how to replace a usb port, but I'd rather avoid having to do so at all costs, lol. Speaking of which, perhaps if you contacted PDP they would send you a new port and lead. It's really not a very difficult fix and it could be done with relative ease.

I'd be glad to help if you decided to go that route.