Where's the Stryker love

KJR28

Sad to see he if pretty much the only one without his own tips thread. He is my number 1 main and I am getting really good with him online. When I first started playing I would get whooped by mostly Scorpion, Ermac, sub, smoke, raiden, kitana, noob, and kung lao. But now smoke, sub, and ermac are easy wins (depending on my opponents skills) and Scorpion noob and kitana are usually pretty simple. Raiden and kung lao are still really difficult for me if i'm facing someone who knows how to use them (mostly in a cheap way).

Anyways, this is just to see if there are any other Strykers out there and hopefully this can spark some good tips and discussion like everyone else has.

Stryker is one of the only characters who can get through/past Sektor's flamethrower using his roll attack.

There is your tip.

Strykers my main too! Stryker fan since MK3 :)

My tip, hmmm, after popping up someone, (B1,2,2, NP for example) dash and using 3 and ex pistols can set you up for a 1,2 roll.

Another tip, which is probably pretty obvious, is use the roll everytime you face a projectile spammer; it never fails. :)

If you face someone that doesn't use wake up attacks, sometimes I rush them down and use B3 and 2; usually if the enemy blocks high, the 3 will get him and if they block low, the 2 overhead will pop them up.

I'm not really good with explaining how I fight, so some of this stuff may be off lol; but I'd like to see other people's tips as well.

Maybe ill make one when I get home to my computer.

Thats why I love facing Smokes, subs, and scorpions, mkray, they love spammin there projectiles and I always get them with the roll.

I just hate how the roll will always lose to oppontents charges, like raidens flying move or nightwolfs and reptiles quick shoulder hit.

Yeah, I found that out the hard way lol; I fought a Reptile who spammed that shoulder hit; thanks goodness for block dash...

I'd like to get some matches with you sometime KJR28, maybe I could learn some stuff from your Stryker and vice-versa.

Another tip, a well timed pistol shot on a poor jump kick by an opponent= combo starter :); I love how you can end almost all of Stryker's combos with a baton sweep or roll.

Yeah, I found that out the hard way lol; I fought a Reptile who spammed that shoulder hit; thanks goodness for block dash...

I'd like to get some matches with you sometime KJR28, maybe I could learn some stuff from your Stryker and vice-versa.

Another tip, a well timed pistol shot on a poor jump kick by an opponent= combo starter :); I love how you can end almost all of Stryker's combos with a baton sweep or roll.

Yeah, definitely, psn is Hgunz47 but I won't be on tonight hopefully some time tomorrow. I'm sure you face alot of Raidens online. The best chance I have is if they REALLY spam his electric fly move, otherwise I get destroyed. You got any good game plans when your facing Raiden?

Unfortunately I haven't faced too many Raidens; I've probably fought about 4 Raidens, and all but 1 spammed the Superman. I usually try to keep my distance, maybe bait a random superman so I can block and punish. Raiden's teleport punishes most poorly thrown projectiles, and his superman wakeup kinda discourages rushdown (for me anyways). Another thing, when Raiden teleports, I've noticed more players attempt throws, so maybe get ready to throw break if he does. Any tips for facing a mostly zoning Sub?

I enjoy using Stryker often online. He's not my main but he's a lot more viable than people lend him credit for.

i really dislike stryker, his lack of combo's really doesn't suit my playing style at all..
but good on you for trying to use him.

.... Any tips for facing a mostly zoning Sub?

Dash block to break his ice clone; roll toss under his ice balls; pin him in the corner and don't let him leave. Lag makes this match up a lot more difficult than it is, but once you've got him in the corner, wail on him. The corner is kryptonite for a lot of the cast members in this game, especially so for Sub.

The hard part is getting close to sub, and with online sucking right now, this is very hard to do.

p.s; will post some matches up on youtube if it helps.

The second I see sub zero making his ice ball I roll under it and throw him. When he makes his ice clone I pull out the pistol or shower him with grenades and then get ready for his ice slide and block low and counter.

Awesome Zoidberg, I even searched Stryker in the characters threads but nothing popped up. I guess I'll move to that thread now.