Bring back Shujinko! *spoilers inside*

Mudknot

Now its nothing but spoilers in here from the actual story line of MK.

If you havnt finished or dont care please keep reading

Im new to trmk however i have been a MK fan for a long time. I played since MK1 and even played the DC joke, anywho

With Liu Kang now dead, and Shinnok's rise on the way, i have been really trying to think of good characters to add into the new universe from the old one. I think this would be a good time to get Shujinko involved, i understand he was basically trained because of the Dragon King to release him, however with some change in moves, no scorpion spear and such, i think it would be a good add into this game.
Shujinko was a great character to have as the star in the whole Deadly Alliance-Armageddon games, it would be nice to see his return.
Feel free to debate me on it, im pretty sure every character added in DLC will be in some new Story Mode addon so i would like to get more opinions on the matter.

Do not worry friend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am a fellow Jinko lover!

And I am sure that with Kung Lao and Liu Kang dead, Kai and Shujinko will be Fujin's top warriors against Shinnok :)

No

10char

No to you.

Shujinko is one of the most badass characters in MK history.

I am one of those fans who love the story, and Shujinko was all story.

And I am willing to bet you are one of those namby-pamby people who say he sucks because he had no original moves.

Well that is what makes him great, he spends his whole life training with various kombatants, and has adopted their techniques and styles.

No to you.

And I am willing to bet you are one of those namby-pamby people who say he sucks because he had no original moves.

Well that is what makes him great, he spends his whole life training with various kombatants, and has adopted their techniques and styles.

I'm all for him coming back. So long as they give him his own moveslist this time. They're more creative than that. Shujinko could be a really badass character. Something akin to what Wang is to Tekken.

I'm all for him coming back. So long as they give him his own moveslist this time. They're more creative than that. Shujinko could be a really badass character. Something akin to what Wang is to Tekken.

Yes!

I've always thought of Shujinko as the "good" Shang Tsung.

Its the classic Kung-Fu movie battle where the two old masters fight!
MortalKombatDeceptionShuJinko.jpg

Idk whether it was the purposely bad voice acting in deception or the fact that he's just an exact older copy of lui kang, but I hate him. Even Raiden hates him.... and he's a god.

Idk whether it was the purposely bad voice acting in deception or the fact that he's just an exact older copy of lui kang, but I hate him. Even Raiden hates him.... and he's a god.

QUE???

Shujinko's voice is perfect IMO!

I know people are entitled to their opinions, but not when they are wrong ;)

To be honest, Shujinko fit into the MK story timeline perfectly. I have to say I was shocked at Deception giving such a good plot twist at the end. It genuinely caught me by surprise. Trust me, the game is called DECEPTION for a reason.

Original moves and a HD redesign of Jinko's look and I'd be a happy camper.

Im glad some of you really agree with me. Im happy Liu Kang was ment to die, i was never a huge fan but im really glad they gave him his animality back. I liked Kung Lao more but its nice to see even in the alternate reality things happen the same way.
I forgot about Fujin but you might be right as him picking up Shujinko, and with the way things went, id actually like to see Shujinko maybe stay a little younger, at least for an alternate costume. But the old man master is kinda where its all at for sure.

He did make the story modes too, well supported by the Netherrealm team.

I'm not sure if I'd actually wanna see him brought back so early, but I definitely found him to be a better protagonist than Liu Kang. Kang's a picture perfect pretty boy almost every time. He showed a little backbone near the end of MK9, but Shujinko is a flawed person, he wears his mistakes on his sleeves. Flawed characters are inevitably more interesting.

A character like Liu Kang may have been necessary to start the series off, but he's never grown and developed himself. The closest thing to an interesting trait was that his zombified corpse when on a killing spree under Dark Raiden's command. Even that did nothing but show-off his perfectness. He was horrified, he teamed-up with Ermac and he got his zombie carcass back under his control. Liu Kang has always bored me as a character. I like him better in MK9, but still. Mortal Kombat needs a better protagonist, and if Shujinko can step up and offer that then I'd be ok with seeing him return.

Personally I think it would be cool if they brought Shujinko back as a "Mokujin" type character: A character that picks a random player's moveset every round.

Though that idea might fit K/Chameleon better.

Personally I think it would be cool if they brought Shujinko back as a "Mokujin" type character: A character that picks a random player's moveset every round.

Though that idea might fit K/Chameleon better.

I prefer Chameleon, he looks way cooler than Shujinko and does the same stuff.

And I am sure that with Kung Lao and Liu Kang dead, Kai and Shujinko will be Fujin's top warriors against Shinnok :)
OMG I would cream my pants if this happens. Jinko just needs his own moves and his story alone is epic, throw Kai in there too ZOMG Kung Fu Epic A Brewin'

No to you.

QFT!!!

Old Man Shujinko is a total badass, my 2nd favorite MK character ever from the PS2 era (Kenshi is 1st).

i would be glad to see him return. i think he has a lot of potential to be a great character. tho i think that they should rewrite his story and make him bo rai cho's successor. out of all of the regretably forgetable characters the previous generation spawned i would like to see shujinko and havik make a come back. i'm a first generation mk fan and i thought he was a solid character

I wouldn't mind him coming back. I agree he needs his own moves. I'm really excited to see where they take the next game. There are so many characters post MK-Umk3 that deserve a second chance. I think he is one of them, but do they keep him old.

I'd only recommend a few PS2-era characters for DLC, and Shujinko isn't one of them.

I've got nothing against him - He was great in Deception and its Konquest mode. He has a great story. But as a fighter, there are other characters that I'd rather see.

Bo' Rai Cho would be my top pick from that bunch.

I'm all for fixing crap characters, so yeah, give Shujinko another go.

Every fighting game should have some old sensei, anyway lol