Music you CANNOT stand

I'm a Christian dude, i'm not going to listen to music that is about sex. drugs, Satan, etc. I listen to music that glorifies God.

That's like listening to some Slipknot, Lil Wayne, and then some Jesus Culture? That is not right, there is no luke warm, only hot or cold for me dude.

Just because you listen to something doesn't mean you agree with it. I'm Atheist and I listen to Holy Blood (a Christian band) and I couldn't care less how much they reference god in their music. I listen to music that sounds good to me. Just because a song is about Satan doesn't mean you believe in it or agree with it. Listen to the music for the MUSIC. If it sounds good, it sounds good. You are seriously missing out on a lot of great music by limiting yourself to just Christian music.

To each his own, just saying you should open your mind, and I wouldn't doubt that you have some silly opinions of certain music because, well, most religious folks do and you shouldn't believe everything you hear. Get educated on the music, forget what people tell you =) The music I like gets bashed all the time because people assume things.

Anyways, I listen to just about every genre but metalcore. I only like one metalcore song but, yeah, just don't like the style much.

Just because you listen to something doesn't mean you agree with it. I'm Atheist and I listen to Holy Blood (a Christian band) and I couldn't care less how much they reference god in their music. I listen to music that sounds good to me. Just because a song is about Satan doesn't mean you believe in it or agree with it. Listen to the music for the MUSIC. If it sounds good, it sounds good. You are seriously missing out on a lot of great music by limiting yourself to just Christian music.

To each his own, just saying you should open your mind, and I wouldn't doubt that you have some silly opinions of certain music because, well, most religious folks do and you shouldn't believe everything you hear. Get educated on the music, forget what people tell you =) The music I like gets bashed all the time because people assume things.

Anyways, I listen to just about every genre but metalcore. I only like one metalcore song but, yeah, just don't like the style much.

I hear ya! :D

I think of music as my allergies(I'm allergic to all types of Nuts, i've never eaten a PBJ, Snickers, Pecan Pie, etc.) So i don't know what i'm missing out on if i've never eaten it or listened to a certain song, and i'm perfectly happy with that :D Even though i'd love to try a Pecan Pie :/

Anyways, i love Metalcore! I just listen to a new song and it had a Salsa type to it :D

@J. Valjean, I believe Gaga's a man. She just looks like one!!

I think of music as my allergies(I'm allergic to all types of Nuts, i've never eaten a PBJ, Snickers, Pecan Pie, etc.) So i don't know what i'm missing out on if i've never eaten it or listened to a certain song, and i'm perfectly happy with that :D Even though i'd love to try a Pecan Pie :/
That's not a really good comparison. Because you won't die by listening to a non-christian song. I think it's unfortunate to see some people lock themselves up to the rest of the world simply because of a different belief. That's why there's war in the world: people to stubborn in their beliefs become close minded and intolerant toward other's beliefs. Kind of ironic isn't it?

I completely agree with Jade.

I'm agnostic but I listen to some supposedly "satanic" and christian bands. I don't worship satan or anything like that and those music certainly didn't turn me into a bad person. I still have good values and principles and I'm able to think by myself and make moral choices. I just like the melody and rythm of the songs.

I think "true satanists" are a joke honestly. Because Satanism was initially created to be a parody of religion (like the flying spaghetti monster) but some people ended up really believing in that stuff and I think it's really sad.

Anyway, my point is you don't have to be Pagan or a Viking to like pagan and viking bands. And listening to pagan or viking songs certainly won't turn you into a pagan or a viking lol. And it doesn't mean you agree with the lyrics or that you encourage a certain movement. It just means you encourage good music created by passion.

My mom is a little like you, she only listens to christian rock and christian songs. So I totally can understand why you *must* listen to that kind of music. But I still find it unfortunate that your beliefs end up being some sort of prison.

Now since were talking about religion and all, I feel like saying something. I think religions are good because their moral values have the power to unite different people and their fables/parables give hope to the desperate, sick, lonely and poor. That being said, the poor level of education makes some undereducated people seriously believe in those same fable/parables and take these bible stories literally without critical thinking and they end up interpreting them as divine facts or absolutes. That's where religion gets dangerous. So in other words, I'm all for Moral values in the Bible (and other religions since most share the same core of values), but I'm strongly against the divine aspect of religion. Since it's what poisons the mind of the ignorant and what turns believers into blind and close minded people.

Last edited:
Haha love that comment... I can't say Gaga's a man because I honestly think she's pretty cute, even hot. But music/persona... nah.

Delved into her lyrics and it's just brainwashing to be honest. All of her fans that like her can't think for themselves, their like zombies. Most of her videos is just loaded with bad symbolism, all-seeing eye, baphomet and the list goes on.

Delved into her lyrics and it's just brainwashing to be honest. All of her fans that like her can't think for themselves, their like zombies. Most of her videos is just loaded with bad symbolism, all-seeing eye, baphomet and the list goes on.

There was a diagram done based on music and cognitive psychology research that shows supposed intelligence level averages of fans of different music groups. Sadly, pop-music fans are on the far low-IQ end. The idea is that most of the people who listen to her or watch MTV don't know what Baphomet is or symbolizes. Instead they see it as "cool!". Since she has such a huge personality cult, a "cool symbol" in one of her videos won't lose too much of its luster after a fan comes to learn what it symbolizes- instead, they may be curious about it without necessary criticism. This is one of the many ways that symbols come to spread a message; symbols are seen as sacred and divine in their own separate right, they are seen as pieces of history and mysterious holders of an element of the human experience. I don't believe much in the whole "one secret group planning everything out for world domination", the world is simply too complex for one group to sit in the back and go "muahahaha"... but I won't rule out that she's using the symbols sarcastically, or the old technique of putting something in your music/video that makes conservatives go wild, to attract attention, fans, controversy, and sales. Gaga's of the school that believes "any kind of attention is good attention".

How does one reconcile being a hardcore Christian and playing a game like MK? Do you play MK while listening to DC Talk? I mean, the game is almost synonymous with violence and is pretty much the sole reason we have the ESRB, so how does playing this game not conflict with the lifestyle of a hard Christian?

How does one reconcile being a hardcore Christian and playing a game like MK? Do you play MK while listening to DC Talk? I mean, the game is almost synonymous with violence and is pretty much the sole reason we have the ESRB, so how does playing this game not conflict with the lifestyle of a hard Christian?

The lifestyle of hardcore religious people for revolves greatly around selective perception. They focus on certain aspects of the religion in relation to their behavior and ignore or "let slip" others. For instance, many Christians like to focus on the love and forgiveness aspect but completely "forget" that their religion is big on autocracy, slavery, misogyny, and is actually anti-family values. Muslims focus on "peace" and hospitality while quickly forgetting their fatalism and the violence and bigotry condoned and encouraged by their very same belief system. Same selective vision skims over vicarious violence (and sometimes real violence).

Reactions: p53
Oh, I get that people have selective bias, but I was directly addressing our young friend to make him think a about his choice of entertainment. He mentioned how his choice of music was governed by his beliefs, so I couldn't help but question how it didn't guide his choices for ALL entertainment. :p

I hear ya! :D

Anyways, i love Metalcore! I just listen to a new song and it had a Salsa type to it :D

@J. Valjean, I believe Gaga's a man. She just looks like one!!

That sounds like a terrible comparison from my end though. It is physically detrimental for you to eat something you are allergic to, not to listen to music you would likely enjoy, but refuse to listen to. Easy to understand not wanting to listen to the likes of bands like Deicide, Belphegor or Burzum, but listening only to bands that advertise themselves as Christian? You are cutting yourself off from about 98% of the great metal, seems kind of odd.

It seems like your religion is not about morals for you, it is about rules. That's the kind I just don't get, I really want to understand what it is that defines what is fine for you and what isn't? Clearly as others have mentioned you must have no objections to Mortal Kombat for example?

And back on topic again, the only type of metalcore I enjoy is the kind that sounds like this.
Blurring the lines between the two genres pretty hard there.

... but I won't rule out that she's using the symbols sarcastically, or the old technique of putting something in your music/video that makes conservatives go wild, to attract attention, fans, controversy, and sales. Gaga's of the school that believes "any kind of attention is good attention".

I do think that's why she uses some of these symbols, to cause controversy between the conservative groups, when the symbols don't actually mean a thing. For example, I've seen people say Baphomet is the god the masons worship. Seriously, WTF? Masonry is not even a religion, they do not worship a god, and Baphomet has nothing to do with them. The Baphomet "myth" was created when the Templars were condemned, the pressure on them to confess they supposedly worshiped the devil was so big that they invented the Baphomet and said they worshiped it. And picture of the Baphomet, with the head of a goat, horns, wings and all that stuff, is courtesy of Eliphas Levi, a writer and ocultist from the 19th century.