Music you CANNOT stand

Easy... The derpa 'Songs Inspired by the Warriors' Mortal Kombat soundtrack! ... oh ya, and ghetto rap. lol

I know I'm missing some though and its bugging me

Post-Hardcore (Fugazi)
Emo (Cap'n Jazz, Embrace)
Screamo (Orchid)
Crust (His Hero is Gone)

just the ones you missed that I could see, great list!

I'd also use the Descendents as pop-punk as opposed to Face to Face, but that's personal preference

I'm live in Puerto Rico and I just can't stand Reggeaton, I f*@#$% hate this music. Thank God for HEAVY METAL MUSIC, THRASH MUSIC, etc.

\M/ "_" \M/ \M/ "_" \M/

no, the guy I'm friends with goes with the name "Midget Loco" really short guy all tatted up, hilarious and great guy, he's in a lot of music videos

I think the most recent one he was in was for Bruno Mars's Grenade

Lol you talking about this guy?

And whaaaaatt?? Really? He must be really famous.

Post-Hardcore (Fugazi)
Emo (Cap'n Jazz, Embrace)
Screamo (Orchid)
Crust (His Hero is Gone)

just the ones you missed that I could see, great list!

I'd also use the Descendents as pop-punk as opposed to Face to Face, but that's personal preference

I actually used all the ones you listed other than screamo. And for the punk rock record, fugazi is more Emo, like first wave. I couldn't think of any post hardcore bands other than fugazi, but I used them on Emo. I also purposely left out screamo in because I feel it is a mix of shitty rock and metal.

Also, I included The Descendents under melodic hardcore. There is a difference.

Last edited:
Oh god this list can go on and on and on....
Lil wayne
NEW eminem
Lady Gaga
Justin Bieber
Wiz Khalifa
Chris Brown
Bustarhymes
Bruno Mars
3oh3
Drake
Kid Cudi
TI
Andre Nickitina
attack attack
Jay Z
waka flocka flame
etc. etc. etc.....

Open your mind dude. That's like me saying I only listen to bands from the city I live in.

I'm a Christian dude, i'm not going to listen to music that is about sex. drugs, Satan, etc. I listen to music that glorifies God.

That's like listening to some Slipknot, Lil Wayne, and then some Jesus Culture? That is not right, there is no luke warm, only hot or cold for me dude.

I'm a Christian dude, i'm not going to listen to music that is about sex. drugs, Satan, etc. I listen to music that glorifies God.

That's like listening to some Slipknot, Lil Wayne, and then some Jesus Culture? That is not right, there is no luke warm, only hot or cold for me dude.

Wow. Sorry mister high and mighty. Stop bragging about how pure your music is please. It's actually annoying.

Actually, I just thought of something. Why on the heck do you play Mortal Kombat? It glorifies death, violence and killing. It also contains partially nude women. I'm sorry, but you cannot honestly tell that your religion says its okay to rip someone's head off in a videogame but It's not okay to listen to music that isn't labelled Christian.

Seriously think about that.

Last edited:
I love death metal . But it isn't the most diverse. I would say punk is the most diverse. I have played dozens of shows and easily over half of them were made up of 4 punk bands that were completely different. Here's an example of the different sounds :

Crossover Thrash. (D.R.I.)
British Punk (The Clash)
Oi. (Sham 69)
Psychobilly. (The Meteors)
Street Punk. (Total Chaos)
Hardcore Punk (Minor Threat)
Punkabilly. (Devils Brigade)
Horrorbilly. (The Matadors)
Casual. (Old Firm Casuals)
Noisecore. (A.C.)
NYHC. (Terror)
Cyber Punk. (Left Spine Down)
Cowpunk. (The Mekons)
Goth. (Bauhaus)
Proto Punk. (New York Dolls)
Post Punk. (minutemen)
Crust. (Disrupt)
D-BEAT. (Discharge)
Grindcore. (Poser Disposer)
Riot grrrl. (The Distillers)
Melodic Hardcore. (The Descendents)
Pop Punk. (Face To Face)
Radio Punk. (Blink 182)
Skate Punk. (NOFX)
Anarcho Punk. (Crass)
Mod Punk. (The Jam)
Power Violence. (Charles Bronson)
Celtic Punk. (Dropkick Murphys)
Emo. (Fugazi)
Folk Punk. (old Against Me!)
1st Wave Ska. (Westbound Train)
2nd Wave Ska Punk. (Operation Ivy)
3rd Wave Ska Punk. (Mighty Mighty Bosstones)
Surf Punk. (Agent Orange)
Horrorpunk. (Misfits)
Riot Ska. (Leftover Crack)
Straight Edge. (Youth of Today)
Grime. (The Flatliners)
Garage Punk. (New Bomb Turks)
Gypsy Punk. (Gorgol Bordello)

I know I'm missing some though and its bugging me

If you are going to go that general then I'd jsut say Metal, not death metal, haha. You can't compare a parent genre to a child genre in that way. XD

But when you can include the sounds of Opeth, Portal, Death, Psycroptic and Arsis in one sub genre, I think you have a pretty diverse genre right there. Was just responding to the comment that all Death Metal is i double kick bass XD

An interesting thing brought up in your post though, is D.R.I punk or metal... so on the fence it's hard to make the distinction.

I'm probably going to get hated for this but i don't like any music that's not Christian :/

Dude your religious supremacy is getting slightly irritating. You really don't make a good case for the majority of Christians... It's fine to say you don't like anti-religious music (or seemingly anything that isn't directly Christian based) but so many of your comments end up with you asserting that Christianity = good, everything else = bad. There are plenty of people whose faith is strong enough they do not feel so threatened by the notion of something different. A great example being Tom Araya, though I could definitely see how some religious people couldn't be THAT tolerant.

attack attack
Attack! Attack! or Attack Attack!.

If Attack Attack! I could not agree more, the strange thing is one member split from the band and is now making some decent, though very generic metal. Actual metal as well, and the timbre of his voice isn't even too bad.

An interesting thing brought up in your post though, is D.R.I punk or metal... so on the fence it's hard to make the distinction.

Yah I know eh! I play the same type of music. I'll give you a little history lesson on Crossover.

Crossover was started by punks like me. They Just wanted to play faster faster faster and louder. Then DRI added the heaviness on their later albums which makes it impossible to tell if its punk or metal. It's either really heavy punk or really grubby, political metal.

To me personally, crossover will always be a little more punk than metal because of the attitude. It's punk rock spirit with metal volume.

Lots of people say they like my band because it brings punks and metalheads together. Lots of people call it punk, whereas my girlfriend says I'm in a metal band. Whereas a friend of mine who is in a metal band says "its not metal unless you have epic guitar solos, and lots of them"

Great crossover bands include:

D.R.I.
S.O.D.
Municipal Waste
Blunt Force Trauma
Hirax
End Program
Vaustesk (i think I misspelled that)
Nuclear Assault
Toxic Holocaust
Suicidal Tendencies

I really love how some music can bring two groups together! :)

How am i bragging? I'm not shoving this down your guys throats am i? I'm just saying what i listen to. Woooow! If telling you why i listen to this is bad, then i'm sorry.

You don't have to listen to stuff that's exclusively Christian to not break from your faith. I can agree with not listening to stuff like Lil Wayne because his crap is generally stupid and about self-gratification. I haven't listened to enough of Slipnot to make a complete opinion, but most of their stuff is done for shock value and to satiate rebellious tendencies from my experience. I can easily see why you'd avoid both of these since they're just generally immature in nature.

However, there are plenty of non-Christian and often anti-Christian groups that promote mature, positive messages without assaulting Christianity.

Tool does a great job of this here:

Also, listening to something doesn't mean you have to follow its message. I listen to a lot of rap (Eminem, Dre, Ludacris, etc.), but I don't smoke (cigs or otherwise), drink or use any sort of drugs. I've never been arrested, either. Most people listen to rap, and a lot of them are in the same boat as I am, so to assume you're gonna fall from your faith by listening to music is pretty silly.

On topic:
I generally hate love songs (they're cliche) and anything that doesn't have a message I connect with. Oh, and country... and opera. Them shits SUUUUUUUUUCK.

Last edited:
Specifically, I cannot stand:
  • "modern" (everything after 2000 or so) rap and hip-hop
  • anything "urban"
  • Bieber
  • Gaga

In general, I dislike pretty much anything except:
  • heavy metal (except hair, metalcore, and numetal)
  • classical
  • jpop and kpop (female singers only, though)
  • old school rap and techno