Music you CANNOT stand

I can't stand techno, dub-step or any form of electronic crap.
That being said, I can stand it more than I can stand Justin Beiber or that utter shit called One Direction.

I imagine that the 9th circle of Hell probably has nothing but Justin Beiber and One Direction constantly playing on the radio, with Ryan Seacrest as the host DJ, as well as television programs that include Honey Boo Boo, 16 And Pregnant and Jersey Shore.

Araknyd: One direction and Justine Bieber. We have successfully caused Justin Bieber to never return to the UK but I wish we could exile One Direction. Bieber is a twit, apparently he came on stage 2 hours and at another gig he had to be taken off stage due to some illness.

Come on, you see 60+ year old bands like KISS and Sabbath doing massive sets and not have to come of stage once, other than for an encore.

We have successfully caused Justin Bieber to never return to the UK

A place where he is never likely to return sounds like heaven.
Are there also beer fountains all over the UK, and metal bands blaring throughout the streets?
If so, I know where I'll be living when I retire. :laugh:

That being said, I can stand it more than I can stand Justin Beiber or that utter shit called One Direction.

I imagine that the 9th circle of Hell probably has nothing but Justin Beiber and One Direction constantly playing on the radio, with Ryan Seacrest as the host DJ, as well as television programs that include Honey Boo Boo, 16 And Pregnant and Jersey Shore.

What about electronica fused with Rock?

for example songs like these

Still no good?

btw I don't think there is a song on this planet that I "Cannot" stand. It's either I don't care about it, or I like it. Or... it's funny because it's bad.

I've never heard a song that like irritated me.

What about electronica fused with Rock?

for example songs like these

Still no good?

btw I don't think there is a song on this planet that I "Cannot" stand. It's either I don't care about it, or I like it. Or... it's funny because it's bad.

I've never heard a song that like irritated me.

It's more tolerable, I guess, but I never could stand bands like Celldweller either.

My exception as far as rock infused with electronica would probably be NIN.
Trent Reznor is a f***ing genius songwriter, composer (because he records all the instruments himself in the recording studio) and producer, though.
Trent is god-like.

This is dubstep/future garage. This man is hailed a musical genius by many. Can't say I disagree. I don't think I've ever listened to another piece of music that conveys such emotion.

By the way he also sampled the intro to Metal Gear Solid 2 at 0:56. The part he sampled is at 4:43 in the video below.

By the way he also sampled the intro to Metal Gear Solid 2 at 0:56. The part he sampled is at 4:43 in the video below.

I couldn't STAND the MGS 2 beginning part of the theme song.
The Orchestral stuff is genius, though, starting at the 1:51 mark.
In fact, I purposely cut out the electronic part in Pro Tools and put the MGS 2 orchestral part of the theme to loop a few times, whenever I want to listen to the MGS 2 theme.

Sorry, even in MGS, I don't like dub-step / electronic music.
It's just not my thing.

I couldn't STAND the MGS 2 beginning part of the theme song.
The Orchestral stuff is genius, though, starting at the 1:51 mark.
In fact, I purposely cut out the electronic part in Pro Tools and put the MGS 2 orchestral part of the theme to loop a few times, whenever I want to listen to the MGS 2 theme.

Sorry, even in MGS, I don't like dub-step / electronic music.
It's just not my thing.

It's all good, and I just linked the theme so you could hear the sample Burial used from it. Also it's crazy when you realize that all the vocals used in Archangel came from this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=9_aUaiCXtJE#t=129s

It's all good, and I just linked the theme so you could hear the sample Burial used from it. Also it's crazy when you realize that all the vocals used in Archangel came from this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=9_aUaiCXtJE#t=129s

I have a bunch of friends who love the electronic / dub-step stuff, but it isn't my cup of tea.
Some of them also love the Industrial rock mixed with dub-step stuff too.
They've come down before for Ultra Music festival, and we'll hang out afterwards, but it's just not me.

The only 1 I like, as I mentioned before is Nine Inch Nails, and that's because Trent Reznor is awesome and the exception in my book.
As an audio engineer myself, that man is an inspiration as to what a good musician, composer and producer should be, but is lacking these days.

That stupid song that said, "what does the fox say?" First it all sounds cool then the singer starts saying some annoying jibber.

I can't stand 99% of the top-40 stuff today. Autotuned TRASH aimed at complete morons.

I also HATE Volbeat with a passion. Singer sounds like a retarded Wookie doing a Godsmack impression and it makes me cringe everytime it comes on. I can't change the station fast enough.

Also, I BARELY can stand Miley Cyrus today. If it weren't for my friends who wanted to dance with me in the club for that "We Can't Stop" song, I'd totally hate it. Also, I change the station when I hear Lady Gaga's "Applause", Lorde's "Royals", Avichi's "Wake Me Up" (if that's what it's called), and some other new songs that don't I don't like.

Oh also, I CAN'T STAND "FUN" (the artist/band) AT ALL!!!!!!!!

Though I still listen to "Just Give Me A Reason" by P!nk because of P!nk only but I still cringe when I hear the vocalist of Fun sing his parts in that song.

I SWEAR, "FUN" SOUNDS LIKE TIMONE FROM THE LION KING!!! *BARF*

Modern Hip-Hop.

Pretty much self explanatory.

As well as top 40/Pop music. It's pathetic how every song on the radio uses a House beat now.

Current pop
Emo rock (I don't need to be politically correct, blow me)
Weak halfhearted hip hop
Current R&B

I also HATE Volbeat with a passion. Singer sounds like a retarded Wookie doing a Godsmack impression and it makes me cringe everytime it comes on. I can't change the station fast enough.

But they have a former Anthrax guitarist, so they're forgiven as far as I'm concerned.

I like Volbeat. They are extremely generic though.

I hate Dubstep. Only hipsters and/or people with no musical knowledge like it. None of it follows any sort of musical theory. The vast majority of it doesn't follow any time signatures. It's just random noise and was just a huge fad that's already dead.

Generally speaking, I don't like music that does not use actual musical instruments. As far as I'm concerned, that's sound effects artistry and not proper music.