The Return of Noob (Post MK9)

Bruzzrad

(This is my first shot at writing something in a while. Sorry if it isn't top-notch like a lot of the other stuff. >.<)

Quan Chi looked on his Soulnado with fear as he saw Noob Saibot get sucked into the great vortex. He turned back to see Sub-Zero retreat out of the graveyard. An Indian shaman, Nightwolf approached him during the chaos.

"Quan Chi, your madness will stop here."

He merely laughed. He brought Sub-Zero back with a special purpose, not just to serve him.

"I don't think so Nightwolf. You see, my soulnado is already complete. I'd like to see you try and stop me!"

Nightwolf took that offer and charged him with his shoulder, shoving him backwards. He proceeded to throw kicks and punches with the occasional hatchet. Quan Chi proceeded to dodge and counter each of his attacks. The soulnado continued to grow more dangerous by the second due to Noob Saibot's cursed body. Soon everybody within the graveyard would join the dead.

Quan Chi jumped back after a brutal fight with Nightwolf. He was severly injured and had to retreat to the Netherrealm. Nightwolf was still energetic and ready to continue their fight. Quan Chi laughed as he opened a portal to the Netherrealm.

"This is your problem now Shaman."

He stepped into the portal. Nightwolf rushed after him, trying to get inside the portal before it closed. He turned towards the damaged soulnado which was no longer the pure color of green, but a sickly purple and black. He shrouded himself in a shield as the souls became unstable. He crouched behind the shield and embraced himself for the blast.

The explosion flew directly past Nightwolf's shield and destroyed any tombstone or tree that was in its way. The explosion wasn't in range of the city, that was the only bright side. Nightwolf fell over after the blast. He used a lot of energy holding up his shield long enough to survive the blast. He got up and looked around. There was no sign of Quan Chi's return.

"I've done all I can here. I must return and help the others."

Nightwolf then turned and left the graveyard, heading back for the cathedral. The blast left nothing standing. There weren't even any bodies left to identify or bury. The graveyard lay quiet, except for the footsteps of one who was thought to be deceased.

After Shao Kahn's defeat and Quan Chi's discussion with Shinnok.

Scorpion walked silently through the ruins of the Shirai Ryu village. He wasn't sure what he was doing in his former home. He thought that knowing that his rival being dead would bring him peace, but something was stirring inside him. He didn't feel that his clan was properly avenged. He sat at the steps of what used to be his home. He sat, deep in thought.

"Hanzo."

Scorpion immediately stood up.

"Who's there? Show yourself!" He demanded.

Suddenly, many apparitions appeared before him. He stepped back from the sudden gathering of spirits. The voice that spoke to him, was the voice of his wife.

"Hanzo, we know why you're here. We know the true mastermind of our downfall."

A lone figure sat atop one of the ruined buildings, watching the conversation Scorpion had with his fallen clan. The figure stood up after the apparitions vanished into the sunset. He watched Scorpion make his way to the village's exit. The figure dropped into a portal and landed right in front of Scorpion.

"Enough surprises! Who are-"

He stopped. He recognized the familiar Lin Kuei uniform and mask. What was new was the color. Instead of a black hood, there was long, black hair on a pale head. The tunic was a bright blue with a thick white stripe down the middle. Both of his eyes were entirely blue, the same color as his tunic. His gloves and other clothing matched the same color of white as the tunic's stripe. Both of his arms appeared to be completely frozen. However, he still had an eerie, dark atmosphere about him.

"Scorpion, I have a request for you."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"And why should I trust you? I killed you in the past, and you killed me. I believe we are even! I don't know why I shouldn't kill you right now!"

Scorpion was ready to battle this new Sub-Zero standing before him. He stepped back into his fighting stance. Noob only shook his head. Scorpion wasn't getting the message. He was offering him a chance at redemption and vengeance.

"I already told you before, I'm not here to fight you. I'm offering my allegiance to anyone who will join me. You're no demon Scorpion, I've seen mercy in your eyes before. Now you can accept my offer, or you can continue to live in darkness and fire."

Noob Saibot truly wasn't intending to do battle with his brother's rival.

"Both of us lost people dear to us. I want to rid the realms of this filth once and for all, that starts with one certain necromancer. I'm sure you're familiar with who I speak of."

The apparitions told Scorpion exactly who planned the defeat of his clan. Quan Chi.

"That sorcerer is the one who brought me back. I'm assuming he revitalized you as well. He had us competing from the very beginning just so he can gain powerful followers."

Noob nodded in agreement. Getting Scorpion is just one step towards overthrowing Quan Chi.

"I need to know if you're with me, Hanzo. Its going to take more than us two to get past the Brotherhood of Shadow. I know who to recruit next."

Noob held out his hand to his new ally. Scorpion took his hand and nodded as they shook.

"Who are we getting next to join our cause?"

Noob released his hand and started walking towards the ruined village gate.

"One who has the ability to control the souls of the fallen. His master is dead, so recruiting him shouldn't be a problem."

Last edited:
Bump for update. (I found that smaller chapters will get more people to read, but that will also let me make more chapters.)

Outworld was thrown into total anarchy after the death of Shao Kahn. Goro, Kintaro, and Sheeva argued amongst themselves over who should take control. The Tartakans were left to face a new threat, an army of Saurian that broke free from Shang Tsung's Flesh Pits. Baraka and Mileena led the Tartakans against Reptile and his revitalized race. Getting into the palace wasn't going to be hard at all, the problem was getting out.

Scorpion and Noob approached the huge gates. They could hear the war taking place just inside. Both of them looked up at the huge gate as Scorpion gripped the handles. Noob glanced over his shoulder and dashed behind one of the pillars lining the entrance pathway.

"Scorpion, get over here. We've got company and we don't want to draw attention to ourselves."

Noob said as Scorpion turned as well. He teleported behind the pillar next to Noob's. Both of them peeked out at the approaching warrior. He was a ninja, but his garments were different. He wore purple and black, but the trimmings were gold. He also wore a crown where the hood should be. He was marching straight towards the gate.

"Who is he, Saibot? I don't recognize him. He is a ninja, but he is neither Lin Kuei or Shirai Ryu."

The ninja stopped right at the gates, he didn't seem to notice Noob and Scorpion.

"Thats Prince Rain. He's an heir to Edenia. Strange, why wasn't he at the Mortal Kombat tournament?"

Rain started shouting at the gate.

"Kahn! If you're in there, I'm coming for revenge! You destroyed my home, now I will take over yours!"

He pulled the massive gates open and stormed right into the battle. Noob and Scorpion followed after he was through. They finally saw the slaughter before them. Saurians and Tartakans filled the courtyard. The Goro, Kintaro, and Sheeva were fighting alongside Mileena and Baraka. Reptile immediately engaged Rain as he entered the gate. He fought with techniques that harnessed water. He was able to fend off Reptile and a few Saurians.

"Scorpion, you find Ermac. He's got to be around here somewhere."

sorry, not hating, that was pretty bad though
writing was pretty amateur and the dialogue was very uncharacteristic of both characters
(meant as constructive criticism)

sorry, not hating, that was pretty bad though
writing was pretty amateur and the dialogue was very uncharacteristic of both characters
(meant as constructive criticism)

I know. I said I haven't written anything in a while. I knew it was going to be bad. On top of that, I don't like how I can't indent on a forum post.