creepy/scary things that have happened to you

newbie1556

feel free to post creepy things, i have not go anything too creepy apart from i was walking my dog one night and i hear this really weird sound that i cannot explain, it was extremely dark while i was walking my dog and i was not sure if i should keep my ipod on(i was using the light from my ipod screen to see) or turn my ipod off hoping the creature(whatever it was) would not see me.

not exacly the most creepy thing ever but still

and if anyone wants to know i stole this thread idea from another site in which it turned out really well and has plenty of interesting posts.

EDIT: another story i forgot

my dog likes to sleep under my bed, he steps on alot of junk on my floor(my room is messy) to get under my bed, i could hear him doing this and breathing loudly, i dont know why but i just turned on the light and he was not there, at all, so i assumed that he had gone but then i heard him breathing right in my ear and i turned on the light and he was not there, it must have been an auditory hallucination but it was scary for me

EDIT AGAIN: do not post stories if they will bring back repressed memories or in anyway make you feel uncomfortable because i am extremely interested in these kinda stories but i do not want it to bring back any bad memories for people

Last edited:
When I game for more then a few hours I start halusinating I see like shadows and stuff in my peripherals I call them shadow people. Then there was this one time at band camp....

When I game for more then a few hours I start halusinating I see like shadows and stuff in my peripherals I call them shadow people. Then there was this one time at band camp....
feel free to tell if you wish, i would hate to see shadows i heard plenty of stories about them

btw these stories do not have to involve anything supernatural(or anything percived to be supernatrual) they can involve people who scared you or anything

btw that song rules(whereever i may roam)

Shadow people are a common hallucination, usually happens after lack of sleep or too much direct visual exposure to light. Another common hallucination are tiny prismic crystals, they look like static in your vision but are very colorful. Also after lack of sleep. Beware though, Shadow people mean Noob Saibot's about to teleport you... I'd block then uppercut ;-).

Creepy stuff... those frozen between dream and consciousness states, I think they are called reveries, where you are aware of where you are, say your room. The shelves and desk and what not are all there, because its still in your memory. But weird, surreal things also come into your room and more often than not you feel very weak and unable to say anything. I once fell asleep in front of the TV and went into one of these states only to have a giant elephant block the TV.

Shadow people are a common hallucination, usually happens after lack of sleep or too much direct visual exposure to light. Another common hallucination are tiny prismic crystals, they look like static in your vision but are very colorful. Also after lack of sleep. Beware though, Shadow people mean Noob Saibot's about to teleport you... I'd block then uppercut ;-).

Creepy stuff... those frozen between dream and consciousness states, I think they are called reveries, where you are aware of where you are, say your room. The shelves and desk and what not are all there, because its still in your memory. But weird, surreal things also come into your room and more often than not you feel very weak and unable to say anything. I once fell asleep in front of the TV and went into one of these states only to have a giant elephant block the TV.
lol that is so rude of the elephant, i am so interested in well.......everything :p but esp psychology and the link between the conscious and unconscious mind so i find the state in which you are waking up and not quite awake interesting but i am yet to experience anything weird during that time

also i wouldnt like Noob visiting me :p

Usually after I game before bed I head to the bathroom and I see little flickering lights in my peripherals for some reason. weird

I was around 7 years old and was sleepig over at my best friends house for the first time. I woke up at 2:00 AM to the UnderTaker's themesong. (Any WWE/WWF old fans here) At the time, that was so freakin' scary I thought I was going to die. And then.....LIGHTNING. So skary for me back then.

I was little and I felt my bed shaking and vibrating. This happened after I watched the exorcist for the first time, so I was shitting bricks. Or it could have been my parents having sex or something.

Last edited:
Many creepy thing happened to me. Last when I was drinking at our first floor. I stood up next to our fridge and the 5 meters away from it is our mirror. It's 2:00 am at that time, the lights were off. As I drank water and look at the mirror 5 meters away. I saw myself next to an apparition like of a woman... That made me run as fast as I can and as less I can make a noise...

something that happened to me was I was walking to the kitchen to turn the light off (it was like 2AM), and as soon as I plug the cord out.... BAM!! something hits me on the shoulder, like a fist, I immediately turn around to see who it was, but their was nobody their...... I stood their for like a minute just freak out, then I went to my room thinking what the hell just happened

I was alone at home, it was afternoon, and I was lying on my bed watching a video on my laptop. I was too sleepy, so I just put the notebook aside, and slept. I was having a weird dream, then it ended and I started to wake up, but I wasn't completely awake. I could feel my body and kind sense my bedroom around me. Then I felt something behind me, near my bedroom's door, and I knew someone was there. The spirit or whatever it was, seemed to notice me and came close to me. I tried to scream, but no sound came out. The spirit grabbed both of my legs and started raising them in the air, and I really felt my legs going up. Them he released my legs, only to start raising them again. I still tried to scream, with no success. Them the spirit grabbed my hands and did the same thing. When he grabbed my hands, I really felt something holding my hands, it was really creepy. I finally manage to pull off a weak scream, and I finally completely woke up. I still don't know if that was a really creepy dream or if there was a spirit there trying to take me somewhere :p

True Story: One time me and my friends were walking around at like 12 p.m. at night on a weekend in because we were bored, we were out in the country part of Kentucky(where I grew up) and we hear this booming noise. I happen to look up in the sky and catch a glimpse of like a neon green fire ball just fall out of the sky out of nowhere, I was like holy shit, we debated whether it was someone shooting off fireworks but it was dead silent in the night and no one was out. My friends told me it was some fireworks, but I like to think it was something cooler like an alien but I know it wasn't lol..

I've had one of those lucid moments before, most terrifying thing I've experienced in my life. Everything seems so real and the fact you are aware of your room around you only makes it even worse. i can hardly remember it now, but I remember there being heaps of people standing over me, I couldn't even turn my head and they moved around really creepily with sort of finnicky movements and crazy laughter. Even when I woke up properly I couldn't think rationally enough to calm myself down.

deja vu...ugggh its sooo scary!!

No, it's not! Me and my sister have some kind of complex deja vu. It happened to me like 3 times, I have a dream about a scene, than some time later I'm in a situation identical to the one I was in the dream. It's not like I just feel I've seen that before, I actually dreamt about this exact scene way before.

No, it's not! Me and my sister have some kind of complex deja vu. It happened to me like 3 times, I have a dream about a scene, than some time later I'm in a situation identical to the one I was in the dream. It's not like I just feel I've seen that before, I actually dreamt about this exact scene way before.

This happens to me sometimes, its really weird but oh well

i believe what some people in this thread was experiencing sleep paralysis
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sleep_paralysis
though i might be wrong lucky i have not experienced anything like that before

Maatthew you can claim you had first contact with an alien :p sometimes these stories have things that are hard to explain which make them even more interesting(to me anyways) it could have been a number of things

Jose Jr Torres that is really weird i dont want to be punched by anything invisible ........maybe it was Reptile :p j/k but that would have been scary

thanks for all the stories they are all interesting to me

One time me and my buddy Tim went camping and something kept hitting our tent. We thought that it was these drunk guys that kept driving past our site, but it freaked both of us out.